3 piece jump cues

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone,
I am in the market for a 3 piece jump. I would like your opinions on the best conventional style (under hand) 3 piece jump cue. I like buying USA whenever possible, but in this case anything goes. I will not wait for any custom to be made so please take that into consideration. So only readily available jump cues will be considered. I have no issues with my current equipment. I would just like to upgrade to the latest and greatest. My current gear is a Valhalla jmp 2 that jumps great but has no extension and a Fury 3 piece.

Thanks in advance

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a Steve Lomax 2 weeks ago.

Looking forward to trying it out...

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB Lift Pro

I love my OB Lift Pro. Before that I had a few others but the only other one that sticks out that i liked was the original Predator. You can find those used on eBay for about a C Note.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a 3 pc. Alex Brick that could jump a ball to the next table, easy to get the ball up, came off like a missile.

I had a Dunkel that jumped well but I found the knob at the bottom not to my liking.

I have a Gilbert jump break that jumps well.

But the one I carry is a Lomax 3 pc. Very easy to get the ball up and yet still control it. That would be my recommendation as one to consider. As with any cue though it is a matter of personal preference and everyone has opinions.

Good luck with your search.

eddie8842

getcha some of that
Silver Member
that Fury 3 piece jump cue is the latest and greatest in my opinion, after i bought that thing i sold my Lomax, which is pretty universally considered the best, or at least top 3
and as far as everything else, i've pretty much tried them all, Hanshew, predator, tiger, lucasi, mcdermott, jacoby, OB, mezz, cuetec, pureX, poison
they all fall short of the Fury
happy hunting
-Eddie