Reload this Page Pechauer Rogue Shaft
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Pechauer Rogue Shaft
Old
  (#1)
Andrew Manning
Aspiring know-it-all
Andrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Pechauer Rogue Shaft - 05-06-2019, 11:32 AM

Pechauer's new carbon fiber shaft seems to be available for order (no longer pre-order) on their website: https://pechauer.com/go-rogue/

Does anyone have any inside info about this shaft? Any deflection comparisons between the different diameters offered and other LD (CF or other) shafts on the market? Has anyone tried it and have any initial impressions to report?

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

If you knew what you didn't know, you wouldn't not know it. -Danny Diliberto

Old
  (#2)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2019, 12:30 PM

Believe it's still preorder as it says August/September for delivery. Im going to wait a long while before considering, really do want an 11.8mm CF shaft though.

Old
  (#3)
Andrew Manning
Aspiring know-it-all
Andrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
Believe it's still preorder as it says August/September for delivery. Im going to wait a long while before considering, really do want an 11.8mm CF shaft though.
The difference is you can actually purchase one with money now, rather than just putting your name on a list.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

If you knew what you didn't know, you wouldn't not know it. -Danny Diliberto

Old
  (#4)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2019, 01:08 PM

If Pechauer made it, you can bet your ass it's quality. Whether you or I can make more balls with it is another story! lol

Old
  (#5)
JessEm
AzB Silver Member
JessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2019, 01:42 PM

Was just checking out the Rogue on their website this weekend. I've read here they contribute a lot to youth billiards and I like that.

Tad Lofstrom custom
Samsara Jump/Break
vintage Brunswick by Schmelke

Old
  (#6)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessEm View Post
Was just checking out the Rogue on their website this weekend. I've read here they contribute a lot to youth billiards and I like that.
They definitely do. They sponsor a ton of juniors as well. Great company for sure. I'm sure I'll eventually get one of the rogue's as I'm close to trying all the CF shafts out there now.

Old
  (#7)
KMRUNOUT
AzB Silver Member
KMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2019, 10:34 PM

I tried it at the Expo. Iíve tried all the carbon fiber shafts. I play with a Revo 12.4. The Pechauer felt excellent, and was as low deflection as any of them. Now that said, it can be tough to really get a feel for deflection on a bar table. It seemed as low or lower than the Revo. Hit was excellent as well. And that was a 12.5mm prototype I was using. I really liked it, and they are a great company.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#8)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRUNOUT View Post
I tried it at the Expo. Iíve tried all the carbon fiber shafts. I play with a Revo 12.4. The Pechauer felt excellent, and was as low deflection as any of them. Now that said, it can be tough to really get a feel for deflection on a bar table. It seemed as low or lower than the Revo. Hit was excellent as well. And that was a 12.5mm prototype I was using. I really liked it, and they are a great company.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
I wonder how they were able to keep it as low in deflection as the revo while having the ferrule?

I've played every other known CF production shaft to date....other than the Pechauer Rogue and all of them that sported a white ferrule had a considerable amount of deflection compared to the revos.

I'm extremely eager to hit with the Pechauer Rogue. I "thought" I was gonna get to try one a while back but, the guy had to change his plans and I didn't get to meet him

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#9)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
I wonder how they were able to keep it as low in deflection as the revo while having the ferrule?

I've played every other known CF production shaft to date....other than the Pechauer Rogue and all of them that sported a white ferrule had a considerable amount of deflection compared to the revos.

I'm extremely eager to hit with the Pechauer Rogue. I "thought" I was gonna get to try one a while back but, the guy had to change his plans and I didn't get to meet him
My guess it is not actually a ferrule on the Pechauer Rogue shaft and they are just smart enough with regards the construction to keep the low end mass while having a good feel of the hit and aiming. On the pictures it looks very promising so I'm pretty sure it's going to be very good and solid playing shaft. It's a pity no 31" option though than it would be such a temptation to get one.

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Old
  (#10)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:

so even a tiny ferrule makes a noticable difference?

we need that testing robot asap

Old
  (#11)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-07-2019, 07:05 AM

Revo, Pechauer CF and Mezz CF all felt about the same. Cuetec and Meucci CF shafts felt a lot like standard wood shafts. While some people like that, then why not just get a wood LD shaft and save $200-300?

Preference between them would probably come down to diameter and taper differences.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#12)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
so even a tiny ferrule makes a noticable difference?

we need that testing robot asap
Yes, even the smallest of ferrules make a difference.

If they could make the first .5" white CF it would do away with the need for a ferrule. That would change deflection while at the same time taking care of the visual issues "some" have with the revos.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#13)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Yes, even the smallest of ferrules make a difference.

If they could make the first .5" white CF it would do away with the need for a ferrule. That would change deflection while at the same time taking care of the visual issues "some" have with the revos.
That little sliver of a ferrule will not increase deflection that you will be able see. Any "perceived" defl. increase is, imo, outweighed by the visual aid of having it there. Also makes it far easier to replace tips, something that on a Revo is kind of a pita.

Old
  (#14)
Marky Mark
AzB Silver Member
Marky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2019, 09:25 AM

Seems like one will be forced to buy a matching butt as the diameter of the shaft is .850. Predator & Mezz use .840 if I am not mistaken.

Player: Predator Blak 3-3
Shafts: 12.4 & 12.9 Revo
Breaker: BK Rush
BK Rush test shots: https://youtu.be/v0dlf8-jcLM

Old
  (#15)
JessEm
AzB Silver Member
JessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Seems like one will be forced to buy a matching butt as the diameter of the shaft is .850. Predator & Mezz use .840 if I am not mistaken.
The Uniloc for Rogue is .840. You were probably looking a something different, not sure.

Tad Lofstrom custom
Samsara Jump/Break
vintage Brunswick by Schmelke

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: