Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page The "why" of the success of CTE and the coaching of Stan Shuffett
Page 8 of 9 « First 678 9

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#106)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-22-2019, 03:05 PM

even a blind squirrel.......

Old
  (#107)
stockbob55
AzB Bronze Member
stockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
He played very well and won against world class opponents. He has improved massively over the past 18 months and looks likely to make the Mosconi Cup again this year.

Respect is deserved and earned in this young mans case.

Just Saying.

Old
  (#108)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
Are you the nut that goes with the blind squirrel? Asking for a friend

Old
  (#109)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockbob55 View Post
he played very well and won against world class opponents. He has improved massively over the past 18 months and looks likely to make the mosconi cup again this year.

just saying.
amen........

Old
  (#110)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockbob55 View Post
He played very well and won against world class opponents. He has improved massively over the past 18 months and looks likely to make the Mosconi Cup again this year.

Just Saying.
I fully agree with everything you just said! Our country should be very proud of Tyler Styer's determination, talent, and competitive spirit.

To attribute his success to a system is naive.

Respectfully,

BOXCAR

Old
  (#111)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

09-23-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Are you the nut that goes with the blind squirrel? Asking for a friend
That's a pretty good thought, CookieMan.
There are sure plenty of nuts out there who will do or say just about anything to disparage someone who 'rocks the boat' of how they think things ought to be.
Tyler gives a lot of credit to the coaching and training of Stan Shuffett as well as the coaching and managing of Johan.
And, Tyler has burned the midnight oil in concentrated training efforts at the table.
Those who laugh and belittle the CTE method are lost in the past. Their thinking is antique.
Not only is CTE an aiming method. it is an all encompassing NEW way to approach the entire game of shooting pool...it is a VISUAL system. (the mass of detractors continue to not understand this)
A psychiatrist would say they're the ultimate narcissists due to what the shrinks refer to as 'gaslighting' (a classic form of manipulation). They are deeply insecure with a desperate need to strike out and ridicule things with which they do not agree. Narcissism is the number one dysfunctional personality disorder.
It seems to be rampant among the lower echelon of pool players. Especially those who drink too much, look for fights too much, talk too much, have over inflated opinions of their own self worth and are usually obnoxious boors. Couple narcissism with codependency from dysfunctional childhoods and you have a powder keg ready to explode at a moment's notice.

Old
  (#112)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

09-23-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman View Post
I often do a 20-shot test of the same shots so see if I've experienced any improvement (a good mix of simple to difficult shots). In March of 2017 I started CTE after purchasing Stan's DVD-2. I watched it several times, got a headache and set it aside thinking it was impossible without help. I later revisited it, tried it again on the table - and it started to click (wished I could have gotten a lesson from Tyler before he moved out of Wisconsin).

Before I started it up again in June-2018 I was still shooting about 33% - trying to regain my familiarity with the parallel line method that I had used in college 30 years ago. I only play a few hours a week and so the game wasn't becoming any more fun.

Fast forward to 2019. Same test - different results. I'm shooting 60-73%. Now all I do is laugh when naysayers knock the system. I'm having so much fun with the game and seem to be continually improving over time (esp. those areas of speed/spin to the cue ball). Again - Keep in mind - I play only about 4-6 hours a week and have a severe astigmatism with slight cataracts (will never be 20/20).

I do wonder how Stan is doing. I'm concerned that the stress of introducing the system and the continual rudeness towards him by many on AZ and elsewhere has take a toll on his health.
73% =100% games/sets/matches lost in most places.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#113)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
10-31-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
The two aiming DVD's fizzled out.
Meanwhile Tor Lowry is booked.
Sold out. Fixed that for you.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#114)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
10-31-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
lol

It's an obscure aiming system, not world peace.

pj
chgo
More well known in pool than yours ever will be. No one ever asks me about Patrick Johnson but many many people ask me about CTE.

The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

Old
  (#115)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-31-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
lol

It's an obscure aiming system, not world peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
More well known in pool than yours ever will be.
Or yours, whatever that’s supposed to mean.

And yet... still obscure, even in the pool world. The only place it’s even faintly known is this backwater pool subforum.

Consider that a good thing - it’s also the only place the CTE Magical Aiming cult’s silliness is well known.

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 11-01-2019 at 03:47 AM.

Old
  (#116)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

11-01-2019, 08:41 AM

Here we go with the free advertising again. Business must be slow.

Old
  (#117)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

11-01-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Or yours, whatever thatís supposed to mean.

And yet... still obscure, even in the pool world. The only place itís even faintly known is this backwater pool subforum.

Consider that a good thing - itís also the only place the CTE Magical Aiming cultís silliness is well known.

pj
chgo
PJ stick to NPR. Oh that's right you've been taking a beating in there.lol

Old
  (#118)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-01-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
PJ stick to NPR. Oh that's right you've been taking a beating in there.lol
lol

Yeah, pretty much the same kind of "beating" I take here.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#119)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

11-01-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:

And yet... still obscure, even in the pool world. The only place itís even faintly known is this backwater pool subforum.

Consider that a good thing - itís also the only place the CTE Magical Aiming cultís silliness is well known.

pj
chgo
That's where you are wrong. CTE is known by far more people than those who go to this forum. And a high number of those people are not tainted or influenced by the few consistently negative people who live on this "backwater forum" as you call it.

Every show I go to people come up to me constantly asking about CTE, sharing their experiences with me, comparing notes, ENJOYING their new aiming ability and enjoying pocketing more balls.

Better in every respect than Pat Johnson's Fidget Method. Now there is a super unknown and super silly and frankly, really quirky way to "aim". Get down and fidget until you think you have the right aim. Luckily for the 99.99% of players they won't have the opportunity to have their eyes painfully exposed to this eccentric method of playing demonstrated by a super nobody who hasn't ever won anything of significance and who never will.

Your contribution to pool is so insignificant that without Aiming Systems no one would ever care about any waste of bandwidth that you caused with your thoughts. For what 20years or so now pretty much your entire existence on these pool forums has been to knock methods that people use to become better players. That's something to be very proud of.

I will say this though, without you and the few other aiming system knockers CTE wouldn't be as sought after. You have been consistently great at one thing and that is providing a platform to introduce CTE to more people through the materials and study created to rebut your knocking and mocking comments. So thanks. Despite the pain you have tried to cause for two decades by your constant insults CTE and other great aiming systems have flourished and introduced tens of thousands of players to objective and precise aiming methods.

So, speaking for myself only, thank you for taking on the role of detractor and so diligently playing it. I can say with confidence that I have worked harder to understand aiming systems thanks to your constant put downs and inaccurate statements. CTE and other great methods wouldn't be worth anything if they could not be adequately demonstrated and defended. And, they have been to the satisfaction of thousands of players and will only get easier to learn and use as even more people adopt them.

Sincerely,

John "money where my mouth is" Barton

P.S. any time you want to try and beat me playing pool for a LOT of money feel free to bet anything over 10k and we can create a match. I am pretty sure that NO ONE wants to back Pat "Fidget Till You Get It" Johnson in a big match. But just in case you want to play and are ready to put your money where your mouth is I am right here ready to bet on myself.

Old
  (#120)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
pj
chgo
ROTFLMAO! You have this all ass backwards. It's the other way around. Just goes to show how tiny your little world of make believe is. This forum, your computer, and your tiny little apartment in Chicago is all you have.
From what I've been told and able to see in the archives of RSB, it was the same thing except a different forum for many years.
You're now up to 21 years of saying the same regurgitated words and negative garbage here in RSB and AZB.
You should get out more into the real world. A number of pro players are using CTE along with the top amateurs in the country.
I just made a post here a few days ago about Brian Parks. In the last 13 years he has WON the US Amateur 5 times and finished no worse than 4th in another 5 years. HE USES CTE AND IS A CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR FOR IT. Did he use it since 2006? No.
But he thought enough of it once he got involved to make the switch to keep the edge against young eyes and young guns and to teach it. He isn't the only top amateur using it either.
Stan gives more personal lessons at his location to players of all levels than you could imagine. (positive imagination isn't your strong suit to begin with). I was one of the lucky ones to experience it.
Get a life already. I've been told you're 72 now which is mind blowing to think you've been doing this since around age 50. Yep, you live in a very small confined world. CTE is growing worldwide every day.
Oh yes...here comes your usual dose of treats...jump boy, jump like a good boy.
Name:  Pavlov's Dog with captions.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  45.6 KB

Page 8 of 9 « First 678 9

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: