No Deflection
Old
  (#1)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member
nodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

No Deflection - 08-31-2019, 12:41 PM

Trying to wake the dead horse.

I believe I have the answer to the mystery of deflection.
I was advised to come here for further investigation.

Some details:
  • No deflection with a standard maple shaft regardless of speed or distance off of center contact.
  • Speed control for the cueball and the object ball.
  • Throwing the object ball as little or as much as desired.

Old
  (#2)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-31-2019, 12:54 PM

I believe I have the answer to this thread.

*plonk*

pj
chgo

Old
  (#3)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-31-2019, 12:56 PM

I know something.

Old
  (#4)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

08-31-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

*plonk*

pj
chgo
It's called a center ball hit.

Old
  (#5)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member
nodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond reputenodeflection has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

*plonk*

pj
chgo

Justified comment. I don't really believe it either.

Old
  (#6)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member

08-31-2019, 01:20 PM

Does it make a difference that my Fargo is over 700?

Old
  (#7)
MitchAlsup
AzB Silver Member
MitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 01:24 PM

Even if you could make a shaft out of pure <single crystal> diamond it would still deflect.
Thus, you can't eliminate deflection, all you can do is get used to a certain amount of
deflection and take this into account as you stroke the CB.

Old
  (#8)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member

08-31-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchAlsup View Post
Even if you could make a shaft out of pure <single crystal> diamond it would still deflect.
Thus, you can't eliminate deflection, all you can do is get used to a certain amount of
deflection and take this into account as you stroke the CB.
I see your view. I wasn't saying the shaft doesn't bend. I am saying that the cueball will take off in a straight line with parallel English. I haven't tested a LD shaft but I imagine it will function the same.

In my view I think the cueball deflects because the cueball leaves the tip while the shaft is bent. My Idea allows the shaft to bend pack at the proper time to send the CB on the shot line.

Last edited by nodeflection; 08-31-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Old
  (#9)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeflection View Post
Does it make a difference that my Fargo is over 700?
Well why didn't you say so, that's any entirely different thing.

Seriously, your a Fargo 700 and I've seen the movie Fargo 6 times...neither exempts us from the laws of physics.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by logical; 08-31-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Old
  (#10)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:

Some details:

• No deflection with a standard maple shaft regardless of speed or distance off of center contact.

I feel like all you did was name a topic. I donít see any particular question to be answered or claim to be examined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#11)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 01:49 PM

Aluminum shaft ?

Time to grab one of those Mosconi aluminum cues off of
the 'bay.

Last edited by Runner; 09-01-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Old
  (#12)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member

08-31-2019, 02:09 PM

The fundamental idea is the duration of contact with the tip through the stroke is the most important. The interaction between the tip and the CB is reflected between the CB and OB. Longer the tip is on the CB the longer the CB will be in contact with the OB. Stroke type does not matter, only duration.

This idea led me to figure various timing for shots that don't deflect given a desired effect.

Old
  (#13)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
The fundamental idea is the duration of contact with the tip through the stroke is the most important. The interaction between the tip and the CB is reflected between the CB and OB. Longer the tip is on the CB the longer the CB will be in contact with the OB. Stroke type does not matter, only duration.

This idea led me to figure various timing for shots that don't deflect given a desired effect.
The cue ball has a memory?

Old
  (#14)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

08-31-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Some details:
hit me with your best shot

200 words max

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Old
  (#15)
nodeflection
AzB Silver Member

08-31-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
The cue ball has a memory?

Yes. I break it down to the vibrational/sound(inaudible) quality that is maintained until the ball stops rolling maybe after.

Page 1 of 20 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: