Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page ‘Listen and help us’: Kids worldwide are on strike for the climate
Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-23-2019, 08:46 PM

When these moron kids give up all their devices, video games, start making their own clothes (by hand of course), wash aforementioned clothes in the creek (by hand of course), use nothing made of plastic, nothing that uses oils, and basically go back to cave day mentality.......that will show some commitment.....until then, they're just being duped by leftists....political pawns, nothing more....which is sad, but that's what our lefists today do...

The song 'Amish Paradise' comes to mind.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#17)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-23-2019, 10:06 PM

Leftists really are sick fugs in so many ways - manipulating vulnerable kids for political purposes being one of them...especially since the hoax of climate change is simply a conduit for leftists to try and get more political power and control.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/52151...tim-matt-walsh

By Matt Walsh
@mattwalshblog
September 23, 2019

Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old girl selected by the media to be the poster child of climate alarmism, gave another hysterical speech on Monday. This time, at the U.N., she declared that the Earth is undergoing a "mass extinction" which, she warns, probably cannot be averted.

"How dare you," the distraught teen cried. "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood." On one level, I can relate to this sentiment because it's exactly what I said after watching the "Lion King" remake. On another level, as a parent, I find this girl very hard to watch. It is obvious that she really believes her delusional doomsday fantasies. That is because they are not her fantasies — she is merely repeating what she has been told by adults who know better.

Thunberg, as the media likes to remind us, is autistic and OCD. This section of a Daily Beast profile gives us a brief outline of her psychological issues:

But thanks to the formal diagnosis of Asperger’s syndrome coupled with high-functioning autism and obsessive compulsive disorder, the now-16-year-old Swede has become quite literally the poster child for the generation that will have to deal with the destruction of our planet. Once she started receiving multifaceted treatment, Thunberg was able to channel her anxiety into something we should all be concerned about: the health of the planet and the science behind apocalyptic warnings of its demise.

In October 2018, Thunberg started having anxiety-ridden 3 a.m. nightmares, but unlike before, they were not about her. The recurring nightmares were about the impact of global warming on the planet, according to the book, Scenes From the Heart, she wrote with her parents and sister Beata, who also suffers from many of the same emotional conditions.

This time, instead of holing up in her bedroom as she did before treatment, she decided that her anxiety about the climate needed to become everyone else's, too. One of the aspects of her complicated diagnosis is obsession. Her family says she just wouldn't let the idea go that the planet was burning up and there was ample science to prove it.

The Daily Beast recounts all of this like we shouldn't be concerned. But what we're being told is that an obsessive, mentally troubled young girl came to believe — mistakenly — that the apocalypse is upon us. Rather than calm these terrible fears, and redirect her in a healthier direction, the adults in her life have only encouraged her paranoia. And now the media is only too happy to exploit her fear in order to stoke even more fear. Creating fear with fear. That is the media's specialty.

This is child abuse. If any grown up in Thunberg's life really cared about her psychological and emotional well-being, they would sit her down and explain that climate change is not going to destroy human civilization. Yes, the climate is changing. Climates tend to do that. But whatever role humans play in that process, and to whatever degree, it is not going to result in the end of all life as we know it. Talk of a 10-year, or 12-year, or 20-year, timeline before planetary catastrophe is all an invention of politicians and media personalities. Scientists don't speak this way.

When I was a child, they told us of an imminent future without rainforests. Well, I am now living in that imminent future and the rainforests are doing okay. Sure, there was a problem with deforestation. We were cutting down more trees than we should have. But the dystopian vision of a world without trees was — and I couldn't have known this at the time, because I was just a kid — completely insane. It is possible to say "trees are good and we shouldn't wantonly destroy them" without adding "and soon all the trees will be gone and you will suffocate." But the environmental alarmists always choose to tack on the apocalyptic bit at the end, undermining the validity of their message and creating unnecessary panic.

Once again, we must call this what it is: child abuse. It may be a smart political move to traumatize children with these End Times prophecies, but it is morally abominable. Yes, tell kids to recycle, pick up trash, plant trees — all fine and worthwhile pursuits. But the hysteria is entirely unjustified. Let kids be kids. They shouldn't have to wake up every morning with hallucinatory fears about the planet's demise.

Old
  (#18)
conetip
AzB Silver Member
conetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

09-23-2019, 10:37 PM

The saddest part, is that these groomed kids , don't realise that they have been abused.

Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com
Sorry, not taking any cue orders until further notice.

Old
  (#19)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
 Send a message via ICQ to Kimmo Send a message via MSN to Kimmo Send a message via Skype™ to Kimmo 
09-24-2019, 12:10 AM

kudos to UGOTDA7 for addressing at least some of what she said. Most people here just ignore that basis of it.....it is not even really about climate change.
She says basically that there are people suffering all over the world because of this worship of money and obsession for even increasing profits at any cost.
Whether it is large multinational companies buying land and then pumping the ground-water so that all areas around them have their wells drying up.....or deforestation...or dumping toxins into our air, water and ground with little or no concern or removing safeguards on fossile fuel aquisition....the list could go on forever.

There are kids TODAY that grow up in cities where the air is no longer safe to breath...there are kids TODAY that can no longer go swim in the river/lake/ocean as there toxins in the water. There are kids TODAY that are suffering from very real effects of this "I don't give a flying fk...where's my dollar". So she comes out and says what everyone knows and she calls out the politicians on it....and yet she is the one that gets villified as "brainwashed spoiled brat". Way to show your true colors.

Don't try to add days to your life, add life to your days! - This message is environmentally friendly...it has been written in it's entirety with recycled bits and bytes.

Name: Kimmo
Playing cue: Predator P3/314˛, ~20oz + KamuiBlack SS
Break cue: Predator BK2
Jump: Custom
Nationality: Finnish
Hours of pool per week: Hours?? As in PLURAL? You've got to be kidding me...I've got 3 kids!

Old
  (#20)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo View Post
kudos to UGOTDA7 for addressing at least some of what she said. Most people here just ignore that basis of it.....it is not even really about climate change.
She says basically that there are people suffering all over the world because of this worship of money and obsession for even increasing profits at any cost.
Whether it is large multinational companies buying land and then pumping the ground-water so that all areas around them have their wells drying up.....or deforestation...or dumping toxins into our air, water and ground with little or no concern or removing safeguards on fossile fuel aquisition....the list could go on forever.

There are kids TODAY that grow up in cities where the air is no longer safe to breath...there are kids TODAY that can no longer go swim in the river/lake/ocean as there toxins in the water. There are kids TODAY that are suffering from very real effects of this "I don't give a flying fk...where's my dollar"
. So she comes out and says what everyone knows and she calls out the politicians on it....and yet she is the one that gets villified as "brainwashed spoiled brat". Way to show your true colors.
Donald Trump said almost exactly what is in the bolded part and was called a racist.

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#21)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to Kimmo Send a message via MSN to Kimmo Send a message via Skype™ to Kimmo 
09-24-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
Donald Trump said almost exactly what is in the bolded part and was called a racist.
where? racist makes little sense....I could see someone having a knee-jerk reaction with "you communist!!!" but racist in this context makes little sense..
at the moment it is more likely that Trump could be called the high priest (US chapter) in service of the almighty dollar and those who control it.

Don't try to add days to your life, add life to your days! - This message is environmentally friendly...it has been written in it's entirety with recycled bits and bytes.

Hours of pool per week: Hours?? As in PLURAL? You've got to be kidding me...I've got 3 kids!

Last edited by Kimmo; 09-24-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Old
  (#22)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 01:27 AM

When I see a kid who can walk down a crowded pavement or shopping alley in a supermarket with their eyes looking straight ahead for potential collisions with others instead of doing the blind zombie walk with their eyes permanently fixed downwards on a mobile phone, I might be willing to consider the possibility they have the basic thinking ability to say something of profound value

Mike

Old
  (#23)
Kimmo
AzB Silver Member

09-24-2019, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memikey View Post
When I see a kid who can walk down a crowded pavement or shopping alley in a supermarket with their eyes looking straight ahead for potential collisions with others instead of doing the blind zombie walk with their eyes permanently fixed downwards on a mobile phone, I might be willing to consider the possibility they have the basic thinking ability to say something of profound value
that is an unfortunately big proportion of kids today....but it is not all and to dismiss what Greta Thunberg is saying because of that is just wrong.

Old
  (#24)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo View Post
that is an unfortunately big proportion of kids today....but it is not all and to dismiss what Greta Thunberg is saying because of that is just wrong.
The Republicans seem to fill the shoes of The Artful Dodger on many things but this one may do them in as a self fulfilling prophesy.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#25)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
SIZE="3"] This climate change debate has the potential to become todays version of
the Anti War Movement during the Vietnam era. With more young people getting
involved and many of them registering to vote, I won't be surprised to see politicians start to listen.

[/SIZE]
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showp...84&postcount=1

Aspersions are incidental and fortuitous.

Last edited by Slide Rule; 09-24-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Old
  (#26)
BryanBpool
M.T.F.B.
BryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post

The Daily Beast recounts all of this like we shouldn't be concerned. But what we're being told is that an obsessive, mentally troubled young girl came to believe — mistakenly — that the apocalypse is upon us. Rather than calm these terrible fears, and redirect her in a healthier direction, the adults in her life have only encouraged her paranoia. And now the media is only too happy to exploit her fear in order to stoke even more fear. Creating fear with fear. That is the media's specialty.

This is child abuse. If any grown up in Thunberg's life really cared about her psychological and emotional well-being, they would sit her down and explain that climate change is not going to destroy human civilization. Yes, the climate is changing. Climates tend to do that. But whatever role humans play in that process, and to whatever degree, it is not going to result in the end of all life as we know it. Talk of a 10-year, or 12-year, or 20-year, timeline before planetary catastrophe is all an invention of politicians and media personalities. Scientists don't speak this way.

When I was a child, they told us of an imminent future without rainforests. Well, I am now living in that imminent future and the rainforests are doing okay. Sure, there was a problem with deforestation. We were cutting down more trees than we should have. But the dystopian vision of a world without trees was — and I couldn't have known this at the time, because I was just a kid — completely insane. It is possible to say "trees are good and we shouldn't wantonly destroy them" without adding "and soon all the trees will be gone and you will suffocate." But the environmental alarmists always choose to tack on the apocalyptic bit at the end, undermining the validity of their message and creating unnecessary panic.

Once again, we must call this what it is: child abuse. It may be a smart political move to traumatize children with these End Times prophecies, but it is morally abominable. Yes, tell kids to recycle, pick up trash, plant trees — all fine and worthwhile pursuits. But the hysteria is entirely unjustified. Let kids be kids. They shouldn't have to wake up every morning with hallucinatory fears about the planet's demise.
Tap Tap Tap.... Well said.

Old
  (#27)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memikey View Post
Amen to this Mikey.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#28)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

09-24-2019, 09:55 AM

These guys should move to China and argue for democracy and environmental change.....but nooooo.

Trump!!!

Old
  (#29)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

09-24-2019, 10:21 AM

Pedophrasty

On that note, where is ChopDoc? Interested in his view of the treatment of the child.

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#30)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2019, 10:29 AM

Fast forward 20 years. Humanity is still clicking along. We still have rainforests, tundra, taigas, deserts, temperate forests, and the arctic. Does this girl look back on this day and think, "yep. I did it. I saved the world."

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: