While the earth is suffocating
Old
  (#1)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

While the earth is suffocating - 09-25-2019, 02:12 PM

The executives at Comcast which bought NBC Universal are flying private a lot of the time to resorts according to the linked story.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/blog...r-Comcast.html

These are the folks at NBC who wanted regular folks to start making real sacrifices for the planet.

Can you say hypocrite? This is the kind of stuff that PJ stands behind. Why can't executives fly on public airlines? They say its for security. The public is largely unaware of who these folks are.

If the planet is in peril let's see those at the top start walking the walk.

Old
  (#2)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2019, 02:16 PM

Oh, I know? Nobody.

The left is waiting for one thing and one thing only. And they won't do a damn thing about it until it happens. They believe the scientists but they still drive cars, fly in planes, support illegal immigration (more people in the 1st world adds bigger carbon footprint as they wouldn't be driving cars back home)

They need this one thing. What could it be. Its right on the tip of my tongue. Anyone venture to guess?

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#3)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
The executives at Comcast which bought NBC Universal are flying private a lot of the time to resorts according to the linked story.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/blog...r-Comcast.html

These are the folks at NBC who wanted regular folks to start making real sacrifices for the planet.

Can you say hypocrite? This is the kind of stuff that PJ stands behind. Why can't executives fly on public airlines? They say its for security. The public is largely unaware of who these folks are.

If the planet is in peril let's see those at the top start walking the walk.
There were apparently 45 million airline flights in 2018 worldwide, and 44,000 a day (16+ million a year) in the United States (FAA).

What is the marginal effect of some dozens to a hundred private flights over months to a year, compared to that? What is the fuel use and exhaust emissions for a smaller charter jet compared to a regular, let alone jumbo, airliner? And iirc, airline travel as a whole is 3% of world carbon emissions.

You might as well demand anyone concerned about sea level rise to go down and do a bucket brigade, to pour it upland, for a few hours a week. Sure, if they won't even do that, how serious can they be, right? (But that isn't a serious effort, really.)

What is required is something on a far more massive scale, concerning hundreds of millions to billions of people, to do anything more than 8 decimal points out percentage rounding errors.

Such things as you say may sound good on a surface glance, but they break down hard even upon cursory review.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#4)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-25-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
What is the marginal effect of some dozens to a hundred private flights over months to a year
ASSuming that figure is true, which I have my doubt.....my dad is a retired corporate pilot....but seriously? That's really your justification for it? Al 'owl' Gore stained the movement badly with his house and gulfstream flights (one of the most inefficient private jets).....but those not flying commercial or otherwise not using public transportation when available have no cause to look down on others or preach their holier than thou art enviro-nazi BS.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#5)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
There were apparently 45 million airline flights in 2018 worldwide, and 44,000 a day (16+ million a year) in the United States (FAA).

What is the marginal effect of some dozens to a hundred private flights over months to a year, compared to that? What is the fuel use and exhaust emissions for a smaller charter jet compared to a regular, let alone jumbo, airliner? And iirc, airline travel as a whole is 3% of world carbon emissions.

You might as well demand anyone concerned about sea level rise to go down and do a bucket brigade, to pour it upland, for a few hours a week. Sure, if they won't even do that, how serious can they be, right? (But that isn't a serious effort, really.)

What is required is something on a far more massive scale, concerning hundreds of millions to billions of people, to do anything more than 8 decimal points out percentage rounding errors.

Such things as you say may sound good on a surface glance, but they break down hard even upon cursory review.
The whole state of California is trying to set an example for the world regarding emissions.

You are saying being a hypocrite is fine. I am not surprised. Meanwhile China keeps polluting.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: