Reload this Page Americans 'are going to literally run out of money'
Page 1 of 13 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Americans 'are going to literally run out of money'
Old
  (#1)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Americans 'are going to literally run out of money' - 09-30-2019, 08:54 AM

It's a ghastly situation, simply ghastly.

A good chunk of Americans will outlive their savings if the retirement landscape doesn't change in the country, one expert predicted recently on Yahoo Finance.

That’s why Jason Grumet, founder of the Bipartisan Policy Center, has high hopes for pending legislation in Congress that expands access to workplace retirement accounts.

"We think there’s a real opportunity here, it’s really critical ... because we think about 40% of folks are going to literally run out of money in their retirement,” Grumet told On the Move. “And the current trajectory is likely to get worse, not better."

Grumet appeared as part of Yahoo Finance’s ongoing partnership with the Funding our Future campaign, a group of organizations advocating for increased retirement security for Americans. His comments echo the dismal outlook that Americans themselves have about their retirement prospects.

Half of U.S. adults worry about running out of money in retirement, according to the most recent Financial Capability Study from the FINRA Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to financial education.
A good chunk of Americans will outlive their savings if the retirement landscape doesn't change in the country, one expert predicted recently on Yahoo Finance.

That’s why Jason Grumet, founder of the Bipartisan Policy Center, has high hopes for pending legislation in Congress that expands access to workplace retirement accounts.

"We think there’s a real opportunity here, it’s really critical ... because we think about 40% of folks are going to literally run out of money in their retirement,” Grumet told On the Move. “And the current trajectory is likely to get worse, not better."

Grumet appeared as part of Yahoo Finance’s ongoing partnership with the Funding our Future campaign, a group of organizations advocating for increased retirement security for Americans. His comments echo the dismal outlook that Americans themselves have about their retirement prospects.

Half of U.S. adults worry about running out of money in retirement, according to the most recent Financial Capability Study from the FINRA Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to financial education.

Old
  (#2)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-30-2019, 09:14 AM

The market sets the price and the price is what the market can get right?

If people were saving lots of money to fund their own retirements, they would probably think we aren't charging them enough.

This lesson seems to indicate how capitalism breaks down. We will be sure to be the last to learn it.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#3)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post

If people were saving lots of money to fund their own retirements, they would probably think we aren't charging them enough.

This lesson seems to indicate how capitalism breaks down. We will be sure to be the last to learn it.

Your last sentence is true. You 2 will be the last to understand. Dumbasses that didn't save for retirement don't get to have it. Work til the day you die. Been going on for a long long time, except in Greece and France.

Old
  (#4)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-30-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post

LOL!
I'm going to save this gem! It is hysterical!
Where do you come up with this nonsense?
I mean, it makes absolutely no sense at all. I'd ask you what you were trying to say, but I know it wouldn't be any less nonsensical the second time around.
How did you manage to run a business?

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#5)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 09:24 AM

Don't look now, but the banks have run out of enough money that the Fed has been forced to inject $75 billion a day in cash liquidity into the system, and they plan to keep doing so for months.

After doing it for a day and then several days didn't clear the system. They're trying to say it is only a technical problem, but it seems more than that.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#6)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-30-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by time to play no View Post
[/B]

Your last sentence is true. You 2 will be the last to understand. Dumbasses that didn't save for retirement don't get to have it. Work til the day you die. Been going on for a long long time, except in Greece and France.
You are a sour fuuck, aren't you?

Some who never save die before savings would be needed and some who have far more than would be expected find it wasn't enough.

But you go ahead and judge...

Old
  (#7)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-30-2019, 10:01 AM

Often they go live with their kids that they invested in.

dumluk

Old
  (#8)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
You are a sour fuuck, aren't you?

Some who never save die before savings would be needed and some who have far more than would be expected find it wasn't enough.

But you go ahead and judge...
It all boils down to personal responsibility. I've made decisions in my life that will result in a comfortable retirement....with virtually no chance of money running out before I die.

I will not feel sorry for folks that refuse to put in the hard work, planning, investing, etc. required to ensure they have enough to live off of in retirement.

Old
  (#9)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post
It all boils down to personal responsibility. I've made decisions in my life that will result in a comfortable retirement....with virtually no chance of money running out before I die.

I will not feel sorry for folks that refuse to put in the hard work, planning, investing, etc. required to ensure they have enough to live off of in retirement.
You won't have to. They will vote to take your money.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Last edited by j2pac; 09-30-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Old
  (#10)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 10:26 AM

Robin Red Breast is hardly John Maynard Keynes. What he posted is incomprehensible.

Old
  (#11)
BryanBpool
M.T.F.B.
BryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
Pretty much.......

Old
  (#12)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-30-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
Of course they will.
And there is a political party that gets elected by promising to steal from folks who've saved for their futures and to give that money to the slugs that vote for them.
We call them d'rats, but they're really nothing more than sleazebag collectivists.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#13)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
LOL!
I'm going to save this gem! It is hysterical!

Where do you come up with this nonsense?

I mean, it makes absolutely no sense at all. I'd ask you what you were trying to say,
but I know it wouldn't be any less nonsensical the second time around.

How did you manage to run a business?

Grass is a relatively straight forward when there are no
employees to consider.

Old
  (#14)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 10:49 AM

There are a lot of folks that don't plan very well. Instant gratification types who spend every dime they have, as soon as they get it.

I work with a few. One lady had 6 Ipads, yes 6. Who the hell needs 6 of them? Anyone that has 6 Ipads laying around the house, and doesn't have kids, has no idea how to manage money.

Old
  (#15)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepocketron View Post
There are a lot of folks that don't plan very well. Instant gratification types who spend every dime they have, as soon as they get it.

I work with a few. One lady had 6 Ipads, yes 6. Who the hell needs 6 of them? Anyone that has 6 Ipads laying around the house, and doesn't have kids, has no idea how to manage money.
Without more information, that blanket statement cannot be made.

There are plenty of good budgeters who live within their means, easily make their living expenses and have savings, that decide to use part of their otherwise free net cash flow for a hobby or obsession (including being a collector).

Now if you hear her crying the blues about finances, unable to meet an unexpected $400 dollar cost, late on utilities, etc., then that would be the information showing you are correct about her. Perhaps you have that in her case, but if not, you have only shown your personal opinion about what is extravagant (however affordable).

In fact, you seem to say if she did have kids, six I-pads would not show an inability to manage money, when it is having the kids that is the most expensive part for most households (meaning even just feeding and clothing them and making health care arrangements).

How much of what is too much for good budgeting? That depends upon the budget and the budgeting. The free cash in a budget is larger if one has no children.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Page 1 of 13 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: