Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Turkey opens ground assault on Syria's Kurds; U.S. Republicans turn on Trump
Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Turkey opens ground assault on Syria's Kurds; U.S. Republicans turn on Trump
Old
  (#1)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Turkey opens ground assault on Syria's Kurds; U.S. Republicans turn on Trump - 10-09-2019, 06:54 PM

This is quite a mess with conflicts of interest. Trump gets paid from some of his properties in Turkey so what does that look like? From what I remember
seeing earlier today around a million dollars a year. That involvement is leverage against him so did he cave in to an offer he couldn't refuse?

I guess Evangelical concerns aren't quite as important as him as getting paid and even some in his own party warned him how bad this would be for him but it didn't
stop him because he doesn't appear remorseful or care for anyone but himself.

This smells of a Prid Quo Pro deal concerning his private enterprise, so don't surprised when it comes up that way. I could be wrong but to abandon ally ISIS fighters
who kept us safe at home. That's pretty bad.

I guess he doesn't care if he loses that mandate of heaven Pat Robertson was talking about. He probably didn't expect to get it in the first place.

He might even lose a few Senate votes over this and you couldn't blame them for it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/syrian-ku...083140952.html

World
Turkey opens ground assault on Syria's Kurds; U.S. Republicans turn on Trump
Reuters By Mert Ozkan,Reuters 22 hours ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
Scroll back up to restore default view.
By Mert Ozkan

AKCAKALE, Turkey (Reuters) - Turkish troops and their Syrian rebel allies attacked Kurdish militia in northeast Syria on Wednesday, pounding them with air strikes and artillery before starting a cross-border ground operation that could transform an eight-year-old war.

The assault began days after U.S. President Donald Trump pulled American troops out of the way, prompting denunciations from senior members of his own Republican Party who say he abandoned the Syrian Kurds, loyal allies of Washington.

"The Turkish Armed Forces and the Syrian National Army have launched the land operation into the east of the Euphrates river as part of the Operation Peace Spring," the Turkish defense ministry tweeted after nightfall, following a day of pounding the area from the air.

Turkish media reported troops entering Syria at four points, two of them close to the Syrian town of Tel Abyad and two close to Ras al Ain further east.

Turkey told the United Nations Security Council in a letter seen by Reuters that its military operation would be "proportionate, measured and responsible." The 15-member body will meet on Thursday to discuss Syria at the request of the five European members, Britain, France, Germany, Belgium and Poland.

Thousands of people fled Ras al Ain toward Hasaka province, held by the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF). The Turkish air strikes killed at least five civilians and three fighters from the SDF and wounded dozens of civilians, the SDF said.

Reuters journalists at Akcakale on the Turkish side of the frontier watched as explosions struck Tel Abyad. After dark, the red flare of rockets could be seen fired across the border into Tel Abyad, and flames burned near the town. Explosions from Tel Abyad could be heard eight hours into the bombardment. A witness reached by telephone said civilians were fleeing en masse.

SDF fighters repelled a ground attack by Turkish troops in Tel Abyad, SDF spokesman Mustafa Bali said on Twitter.

The assault on the Kurds - for years Washington's main allies on the ground in Syria - is potentially one of the biggest shifts in years in the Syrian war that has drawn in global and regional powers. The Kurds played a leading role in capturing territory from Islamic State, and now hold the largest swathe of Syria outside of the hands of President Bashar al-Assad.

Russia, Assad's strongest foreign ally, urged dialogue between Damascus and Syria's Kurds.

Trump's decision to pull forces out of the way was denounced by some Kurds as a "stab in the back".

'BAD IDEA'

Trump called the Turkish assault a "bad idea" and said he did not endorse it. He expected Turkey to protect civilians and religious minorities and prevent a humanitarian crisis, he said.

But one of Trump's closest fellow Republican allies, Senator Lindsey Graham, said failing to support the Kurds would be "the biggest mistake of his presidency".

Representative Liz Cheney, a Republican hawk, said: "The U.S. is abandoning our ally the Kurds, who fought ISIS (Islamic State) on the ground and helped protect the U.S. homeland. This decision aids America’s adversaries, Russia, Iran, and Turkey, and paves the way for a resurgence of ISIS."

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan, announcing the start of the action, said the aim was to eliminate what he called a "terror corridor" on Turkey's southern border.

European and Arab countries called on Ankara to halt.

Turkey had been poised to enter northeast Syria since the U.S. troops who had been fighting alongside Kurdish-led forces against Islamic State started to leave.

A Turkish security source told Reuters the military offensive, dubbed "Operation Peace Spring", opened with air strikes. Turkish howitzer fire then hit bases and ammunition depots of the Kurdish YPG militia. Turkey says the YPG, the main component of the U.S.-backed SDF, is a terrorist group linked to Kurdish insurgents that have fought in Turkey for years.

The artillery strikes, which also targeted YPG gun and sniper positions, were aimed at sites far from residential areas, the Turkish source said.

The Turkish army has hit a total of 181 militant targets with air strikes and howitzers since the start of the operation, the defense ministry said on Wednesday.

Explosions also rocked the Syrian border town of Ras al Ain, according to a reporter for CNN Turk. The sound of warplanes could be heard above and smoke rose from buildings in the town, the CNN reporter said.

Turkish media said several mortar shells had landed on the Turkish side of the border but there were no casualties.

WORSE TURMOIL

World powers fear the Turkish action could open a new chapter in Syria's war and worsen regional turmoil. Ankara has said it intends to create a "safe zone" in order to return millions of refugees to Syrian soil.

In the build-up to the offensive, Syria had said it was determined to confront any Turkish aggression.

The SDF controls much of the territory that once was held by Islamic State and holds thousands of Islamic State fighters and tens of thousands of their relatives in detention.

It halted operations against Islamic State because of the Turkish offensive, two U.S. officials and a Kurdish source said.

One of the prisons where ISIS detainees are held was struck by a Turkish air strike, the SDF said on Twitter.

The Kurdish-led authority in northern Syria declared a state of "general mobilization" before calling on its people to head toward the border "to fulfill their moral duty and show resistance in these sensitive, historic moments".

Erdogan's communications director Fahrettin Altun said Turkey had no ambition in northeastern Syria except to neutralize the threat against Turkish citizens and to liberate the local people from what he called "the yoke of armed thugs".

Turkey was taking over leadership of the fight against Islamic State in Syria, he said.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#2)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-09-2019, 07:14 PM

What would we all do without the 5th grader scouring Yahoo "News" to report what ALL of us have already heard on the reputable news sources?
If there was a Nobel Prize for copying and pasting, we'd all be in the internet presence of "greatness".

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#3)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post

This smells of a Prid Quo Pro
LOL!
You trying to sound astute will NEVER stop be funny!
And, I know you'll never stop trying despite how many regulars here point out that you're VERY far from it.
Thanks for the entertainment.

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#4)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-09-2019, 07:22 PM

Don't forget Robin, only Breitbart, the Gateway Pundit and Fox news are considered news sources around these parts.

Funny thing is when the folks who only post breitbart and the pundit call Yahoo partisan, now that's f(_)cking hilarious.

Old
  (#5)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the breaking news.

Since you've been so helpful, I'll share a story that people actually care about.

BREAKING: UN Helped Fake Kenyan Refugees Resettle Inside the US for Years — Until Trump Put an End to It

The refugee business is BIG BUSINESS!

It ain’t cheap buying your ticket to the US and food stamps, free education and housing.
Between 10 and 20 thousand US dollars will guarantee resettlement into the United States.

According to CNN the United Nations helped fake Kenyan refugees resettle inside the United States. This was going on for years.

Who knows how many fake refugees they moved here from Kenya who are still here today?

CNN reported – via John Sexton:

UN officials liken resettlement, even as a wave of anti-immigrant sentiment has spread through Europe and the US, to “winning the lottery.”

The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) estimates that there were more than 20 million possible resettlement candidates by the end of 2018; less than 1% of them were resettled during that year.

Through social media and relatives that stayed behind in Kenya, CNN identified several Kenyans who weren’t supposed to have refugee status that managed not only to register, but to resettle as refugees in Europe, Canada and the United States.

And according to CNN, refugee resettlement was a bustling business before President Trump came into office.

It is at the very beginning of the process — before the applicant even gets to the US embassy vetting, the selection has been done at the UN level,” said one facilitator who said he has been exploiting corruption within the UN to game the resettlement system for years.

He agreed to speak on the condition of anonymity.

When Kenya announced it would close Dadaab and other camps and started repatriating Somalis, suddenly refugee status became a liability for Kenyans falsely registered as refugees and the true extent of the problem was revealed.

“The UN will know the criteria and make sure the paying clients match all the requirements. So, it can be cooked at the UN level,” he said.

He said that the last corrupt US resettlement process he was involved in, where clients pay between 10 and 20 thousand US dollars to guarantee resettlement, happened in late 2016.

“Before the Trump ban it was a booming business,” he said. His business is now focused on other countries, where refugee resettlement quotas are higher. He said his last case was just a few months ago.

661Share90TweetEmail

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#6)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever

10-09-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
Thanks for the breaking news.

Since you've been so helpful, I'll share a story that people actually care about.

BREAKING: UN Helped Fake Kenyan Refugees Resettle Inside the US for Years — Until Trump Put an End to It

The refugee business is BIG BUSINESS!

It ain’t cheap buying your ticket to the US and food stamps, free education and housing.
Between 10 and 20 thousand US dollars will guarantee resettlement into the United States.

According to CNN the United Nations helped fake Kenyan refugees resettle inside the United States. This was going on for years.

Who knows how many fake refugees they moved here from Kenya who are still here today?

CNN reported – via John Sexton:

UN officials liken resettlement, even as a wave of anti-immigrant sentiment has spread through Europe and the US, to “winning the lottery.”

The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) estimates that there were more than 20 million possible resettlement candidates by the end of 2018; less than 1% of them were resettled during that year.

Through social media and relatives that stayed behind in Kenya, CNN identified several Kenyans who weren’t supposed to have refugee status that managed not only to register, but to resettle as refugees in Europe, Canada and the United States.

And according to CNN, refugee resettlement was a bustling business before President Trump came into office.

It is at the very beginning of the process — before the applicant even gets to the US embassy vetting, the selection has been done at the UN level,” said one facilitator who said he has been exploiting corruption within the UN to game the resettlement system for years.

He agreed to speak on the condition of anonymity.

When Kenya announced it would close Dadaab and other camps and started repatriating Somalis, suddenly refugee status became a liability for Kenyans falsely registered as refugees and the true extent of the problem was revealed.

“The UN will know the criteria and make sure the paying clients match all the requirements. So, it can be cooked at the UN level,” he said.

He said that the last corrupt US resettlement process he was involved in, where clients pay between 10 and 20 thousand US dollars to guarantee resettlement, happened in late 2016.

“Before the Trump ban it was a booming business,” he said. His business is now focused on other countries, where refugee resettlement quotas are higher. He said his last case was just a few months ago.

661Share90TweetEmail
Why would idiot libs be interested in another story about trump keeping future d'rat voters out of the country?
It doesn't help advance the cause the Shearers.
Sheep don't shear themselves, you know.

Neil Peart

Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#7)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 08:09 PM

I find it funny how everybody suddenly wants our soldiers in another Muslim shit hole to keep the peace.

Good place to drop weaponized small pox.

Give the goat ****ers something serious to be concerned about.

Nothing quite like an extinction event to catch your attention.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#8)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

10-10-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin

This smells of a Prid Quo Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
LOL!
You trying to sound astute will NEVER stop be funny!
And, I know you'll never stop trying despite how many regulars here point out that you're VERY far from it.
Thanks for the entertainment.
How many stupid things needs to be said before people accept the evidence before them?

Not like it's Latin or something...oh, wait. NVM

Old
  (#9)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I find it funny how everybody suddenly wants our soldiers in another Muslim shit hole to keep the peace.
I wondered how long before someone pointed out this huge hypocrisy.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#10)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
Don't forget Robin, only Breitbart, the Gateway Pundit and Fox news are considered news sources around these parts.

Funny thing is when the folks who only post breitbart and the pundit call Yahoo partisan, now that's f(_)cking hilarious.
Yahoo is a bunch of celebrity driven drivel for the most part. Fox News is much more balanced than MSNBC. I reference the LA Times all the time on this forum and it's a wholly owned subsidiary of the Demo party.

Old
  (#11)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
What would we all do without the 5th grader scouring Yahoo "News" to report what ALL of us have already heard on the reputable news sources?
I agree. But then again, he did count to 4 million and 23 waiting for someone else to post it before he did.
Possibly nobody else on here felt it was worth posting.
It is on the front page of every major newspaper.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#12)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

10-10-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
I agree. But then again, he did count to 4 million and 23 waiting for someone else to post it before he did.
Possibly nobody else on here felt it was worth posting.
It is on the front page of every major newspaper.
He'd have counted to a Brazilian ...but he wasn't sure how many zeroes were needed

Old
  (#13)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
...It is on the front page of every major newspaper.
Like the ever-so unbiased NYT?

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#14)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

10-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Several World Powers are en route to help the Syrians (cant remember which)
news day before yesterday.

Old
  (#15)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever

10-10-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
How many stupid things needs to be said before people accept the evidence before them?

Not like it's Latin or something...oh, wait. NVM
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell a "Prid Quo Pro" is?
I think it's Latin for relieving blisters in exchange for something of value?

Neil Peart

Atlas Shrugged

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: