how are ya'll doing in league ?

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
APA Summer session just ended. Amazingly despite forfeiting multiple matches in 3 or 4 weeks this session our team ended up in 2nd place in both 8 and 9 ball. Playoffs start this week. Here's the catch though if we make it through the playoffs to Cash Cup then we'll have to forfeit matches again because our 2 and 3 (whom we need to play) scheduled a vacation during the week of the tournament. Also, I will not be playing APA next session. I'm going to give playing in Valley 8 ball league a shot. Should be a better level of competition.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
played my double jeapordy the other night.

it was the last night of this session. i played lousy for some reason.i faced another 5 who i beat the last time i faced him in 9 ball 18-2. i lost this time 38-35.

i faced him again in 8 ball and lost 4-0. :embarrassed2: nothing was going right for me. missed shots i should make...poor cue ball control.. scratched more in one night than i have in the last 3 months total.just a bad night for me.

got money league tonight...hope i play at least my normal self.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well i played in my money league last night. i won for a change but it was an ugly win.

i have a mental problem in this league and i dont know how to remedy it. guys i beat regularly in napa or napa i lose to in this league or as last night i pull out an ugly win.

i know what is causing it but i dont know how to overcome it.the causes are there is no team chemistry and i am the lowest player on the team. it seems like i am unsure of my self when at the table and a lot of negative vibes pop in my head causing me to miss shots that i routinely make in apa or napa.

gotta keep trying to just work it out before i just quit this league. never had this problem in other money leagues.

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our summer bar league finished up last night. It's pretty informal so I'm not sure exactly how we finished for the season, I think second or possibly first. After 12 weeks I think we finished 9-3. No award ceremony or national tourney, we just play each other for $1.

After a poor showing last week, I finished strong and won all my matches last night handedly, as I should. We had two beginners on our team and both have become a couple of straight shooters that can sneak up on you if you're not careful and leave too many chances. I joined summer league to test the league scene around here and didn't plan to participate in the winter league which from what I understand is more structured and serious. But we're keeping our same squad together because we really have a good time together each week, and it now looks like my wife is interested in playing too...which is amazing. Needless to say that while all the bad things I suspected about leagues was true, I'm a huge lover of the game and I had a great time playing and meeting a lot of new, great folks.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
We finish the summer session next week here. Two weeks of playoffs after that. Next session starts mid-September.

I won my 8-ball match last night, beating a SL4 who plays as SL3 on our 9-ball team. She can play reasonably well, and beat me a couple years ago, but in all reality I should have shut her out, and damned if I didn't let her get one game. Grrrrr.

We could have used that extra point, we started the night in fourth place, just one point out of second. Finished the night 7-7, not gonna help, methinks. I'll find out more tomorrow when we play 9-ball. (Our division plays in two different rooms, and the teams we are chasing played in the other room this week, so I don't know how they did yet.)

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
So I'm playing 8B last night and I'm down on the 8 about to pull the trigger. My opponent stands up and says "where are you playing it?". :angry:

Me: "If you were paying attention you'd know that I called it in this corner. I'm a F'g 8, did you think I was going 5 rails or something?"

That's when the verbal fight started.

He apologized profusely after the match.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
NAPA Laggers Choice

Won the lag and choose 8-ball. 7-3 race, I had to go to 3. I won 3-3.

My team is in second place with one week left to go. We're not close enough to first to have a chance, but the 3rd place team is only a few points behind. Next week, we play the 4th place team, while 1st and 3rd go at it.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
played napa laggers choice. won the lag.

race matrix
8 ball 4-3
9 ball 3-4
10 ball 4-4

i chose 8 ball and won 4-2. i did not play great but i played a lot better than i did tue night in money league.i just cant figure that out.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I'm playing 8B last night and I'm down on the 8 about to pull the trigger. My opponent stands up and says "where are you playing it?". :angry:

Me: "If you were paying attention you'd know that I called it in this corner. I'm a F'g 8, did you think I was going 5 rails or something?"

That's when the verbal fight started.

He apologized profusely after the match.

my league nights are boring as hell compared to yours.:D

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously. The only drama I had last night was my opponent was him freaking out when I kicked three rails out of his safety :embarrassed2: LOL

well there was some trash talking between me and one of my team mates.:wink:

i been trying to get him to come over to my double jeapordy team and he says he is obligated to his double jeapordy team. well any way after my match was over he told me i shot good and i told him i was gonna beat him the same way next time i faced him since he was not gonna join my team.

he said yea it was easier for me to do since he had to spot me a game. he said i oughta be a 6 like him as good as i shoot.

i told him next time we face each other not to worry bout the handicaps cause i was gonna beat him even up. last time we faced each other i won 4-2....did not need the handicap.:grin-square:

Three.Two.N.D.

Pogi_One
Silver Member
APA summer playoffs just ended. We won. I won the clincher. First time winning playoffs. Excited for next stage. Looks like ill be practicing more 8 ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA summer playoffs just ended. We won. I won the clincher. First time winning playoffs. Excited for next stage. Looks like ill be practicing more 8 ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same basic thing happened in my 9b playoffs. Never won a playoff match before, team got it together I finished out the 5th game. We won on to league playoffs noq onro the money event TOC. Then if we are lucky, Vegas next year.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We beat the team that knocked us out last session. 8-3 tonight. We play one of the teams that went to Vegas next week.

I won my match 4-0 against a 4 for a rackless and a break and run to get to the hill. 2nd break and run this session for me. Our last game was 11 innings. Kept playing safeties to not break clusters open.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How am I doing?

Lousy. Absolutely lousy.

Monday APA 8: our match was tied. I go up against a sl4 in the deciding match. I got Shut out 3-0. I played well, just not well enough.

Tuesday APA 9: again, Implay 5th in the deciding match. I play a 2. I play like absolute dog crap for most of the match. How does dog crap play, you ask? Well, you could have seen it Tuesday. As is my usual M.O. In 9-ball, I turn it on at the end, but it was too late. Final rack, my opponent needs one point and has the break. She breaks dry. I try a super touch cut on the 1 into the nearby corner. It doesn't go, and the cue ball rolls across the short rail, leaving her a straight in shot. We lose the match by two team points! :banghead: doesn't help that we played against our clubs other team, who I really didn't wanna lose to. The captain is just an arrogant *****.

Wed in-house: I show up a little late due to work, and play my game with no warm up time. Another loss, taking me to 1-5 I believe in this league. Didn't play a doubles match. This league isn't a big deal to me, and only playing one game of 8-ball is a bit of a joke. I just hate losing, and losing 3 straight days is driving me up a wall. :angry:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we had end of session play offs last night. " 9 ball "

we won 53-27 in 4 matches. did not need a 5th match and i did not need to play.

if you have been keeping up with my ramblings you will remember i quit being captain the beginning of this session.

they had me do the match ups last night and do all the coaching. after wards i was asked to captain the team again. i said wait until the last session before ltc;s and i will.

told them to just keep doing what they have been doing cause we still have 2 sessions to go before ltc's and we did not have to win every time out.

dont know why but our team is more competitive in 9 ball vs 8 ball " except for me "

we came in last in 8 ball this session and 3rd in 9 ball.

they want to pick up a higher level player again to make a run for ltc's. i told them no that i am interested in bringing over a napa player who would make a very strong 4 in 9 ball. he is tough for me to beat in 9 ball but i beat him easily in 8 ball. since our team seems to play better 9 ball he would be a good fit. all i have to do is match him up smart where he will be competitive but not blow people away and keep him at a 4.

i dont believe in sand bagging but i do believe in handicap management. we got a new player last session that wanted to join our team because his last captain wanted him to lay low. he knows i dont believe in that and i told him to just play his game. he went up to a 5 real quick but has stayed there mostly because i told my g/f how to match him up all session. he finished the session with a 70% win record as a 5.

if you have a player who is weak at his handicap level you just match him up where he cant possibly win and he will go down.

i did that to my other 5 i have complained about on here several times and he is down to a 4 where he oughta be. that is in 8 ball. he is playing too good in 9 ball to go down but not so good he will go up.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No league play for me this week. Labor Day yesterday, match postponement today, and work tomorrow night. Boring week for me.