how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
today in masters i lost 1 match 7-0. won the 2nd one 7-3.

tonight was the 1st might of double jeapordy . i lost 8 ball 4-3 in a 4-4 race after being up 3-0. dang !

played the same guy 9 ball and won 38-22 in a 38-38 race.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just won an express 8-ball tournament yesterday. 20 players, all races to 5. out of 6 matches, one match went hill-hill (semifinal) after I was down 3-1, one match was 5-3, all the other ones were 5-1 and 5-2. we were handicapping balls and no games.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
My 8-ball team had a forgettable session, starting out strong the first quarter of the session, played horribly the next two quarters, and reasonable to finish the session....out of the top three spots who make the playoffs automatically.

But then we won the Wild Card entry. We're in the playoffs, by some strange miracle.

(The way it works here, the top three automatically make the playoffs and a random team is drawn as The Wild Card entry.)

Our 9-ball team is already LTC qualified, so we're just playing to try and get in the playoffs for the cash and for pride. Last night of the session, there was major drama, we were two points out of third place. Long story short, the third place team won by significantly more than we did, keeping us out of the playoffs.....

Then we got the Wild Card. Seriously. Both Wild Card drawings in the same session, absolutely crazy luck.

Now we gotta play well and make the most of it!

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drama in the APA?!? Surely you jest....

Not with the league.... With a now former team mate I been trying to get rid of for 3 years. He started his own team this week. He picked up 4 players from a bar he hangs out at. All girls and not a dang one of them is hot :(

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
My last opponent in my singles division was a no-show which secures first place for me. I would have preferred playing for it, but regardless of the outcome I would be in the top four going into playoffs.

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Tonight in my apa league, I was at the table giving my dad a coach, telling him to thin a ball to leave distance for his opponent. he hits the ball as im talking to him, and his opponent calls for ball in hand. She claims since I was still at the table while he shot, its a foul. Her being the L.O. Daughter, I just assumed that she was right, and I even said, " you really want ball in hand like this?" She said yes. She proceeded to win that game and the match., . . Then after the match I find out that it wasn't a ball in hand foul . . . :sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry:

Lesson learned.

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our team won at playoffs for 9-ball so onto the tri-cup for a last chance to qualify for cities this year. Would be awesome to get to Vegas in both, I've never played in an LTC up here no idea what to expect. I feel like someone is messing with my SL, The LO accidentally moved me from a 3 to a 5 at the beginning of the session at tri-cup which they fixed but now the system moved me back to a 5 after the last match this session. I have a winning record but I wasn't crushing it or anything and most of the SL5s I play would crush me in an even race so I really need to improve my game quick if I'm going to be any use in 9-ball.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Tonight in my apa league, I was at the table giving my dad a coach, telling him to thin a ball to leave distance for his opponent. he hits the ball as im talking to him, and his opponent calls for ball in hand. She claims since I was still at the table while he shot, its a foul. Her being the L.O. Daughter, I just assumed that she was right, and I even said, " you really want ball in hand like this?" She said yes. She proceeded to win that game and the match., . . Then after the match I find out that it wasn't a ball in hand foul . . . :sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry:

Lesson learned.

Actually, I believe the rule book says the coach must leave the playing area prior to the shot. I've seen this called a BIH foul at the national level. In weekly play I would think this is sort of a bush-league call. I mean, were all supposed to be friendly, but in the playoffs or cities, or NTC, maybe a little different attitude depending on the situation.
In the end, I'd have to say she was probably correct to the letter of the law, so-to-speak, but it's one of those things that you can say, does that make it right? In my opinion no and if we're not playing in the LTC or NTC it's probably not a foul that I would call unless you had really pissed me off earlier.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Our team won at playoffs for 9-ball so onto the tri-cup for a last chance to qualify for cities this year. Would be awesome to get to Vegas in both, I've never played in an LTC up here no idea what to expect. I feel like someone is messing with my SL, The LO accidentally moved me from a 3 to a 5 at the beginning of the session at tri-cup which they fixed but now the system moved me back to a 5 after the last match this session. I have a winning record but I wasn't crushing it or anything and most of the SL5s I play would crush me in an even race so I really need to improve my game quick if I'm going to be any use in 9-ball.

First thing - Don't panic, stay calm, play defense, nothing stupid, make every shot count.
Remember that your best shot isn't always one where you make a ball

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
8-ball session playoffs last night, we snuck in as the Wild Card, had to play the first place team.

We took it down to the last two games of the last match, when their player got to the hill, earning a point and making it impossible to overcome.

Great match with great friends. That was proof of how it should be.

Now we gotta fight it out next week to get the third place money!

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8-ball session playoffs last night, we snuck in as the Wild Card, had to play the first place team.

We took it down to the last two games of the last match, when their player got to the hill, earning a point and making it impossible to overcome.

Great match with great friends. That was proof of how it should be.

Now we gotta fight it out next week to get the third place money!

Good luck dub. We lost 3 matches in our playoffs but still managed to win 7-6. Have 8 ball tri cups this weekend.

Last nigh was the beginning of our Tue nite 8 ball travel division upon arriving at the venue I had several people approach me one after the other asking if I was lost as my team was not scheduled to play there. I said nope..i am not lost... I am playing here tonight.

Upon learning who I was playing for I got a lot of wows ! And comments they wish they had known I was looking for a new team. I said I had not been looking for a new team it finally told this team I would join them after having been asked several times over the Las year and a half.

This team goes to Vegas almost every year and i hope I can contribute as much as they think I can. They aint seen son of my bad nights lol.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Good luck dub. We lost 3 matches in our playoffs but still managed to win 7-6. Have 8 ball tri cups this weekend.

Last nigh was the beginning of our Tue nite 8 ball travel division upon arriving at the venue I had several people approach me one after the other asking if I was lost as my team was not scheduled to play there. I said nope..i am not lost... I am playing here tonight.

Upon learning who I was playing for I got a lot of wows ! And comments they wish they had known I was looking for a new team. I said I had not been looking for a new team it finally told this team I would join them after having been asked several times over the Las year and a half.

This team goes to Vegas almost every year and i hope I can contribute as much as they think I can. They aint seen son of my bad nights lol.

I'm sure you're gonna be fine.

We have 8-ball tri cups Saturday as well, and I'm going in without two of my stronger players. (One has to be out of town for his daughters college graduation, the other has to work....stuff happens.)

I be taking my team of me and another SL5, two SL3 ladies and an SL2. :p

Methinks I'll have to be as good with the strategy as with the cue to get very far :)

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good luck today dub. ours started last night ...and for the 1st time ever my tue night team made to to the tri cups also.

i am already po'd and stressed out because 2 of my better players will not be there ...as usual , i have the added stress of having both teams playing matches at the same time.

since i am the captain of my sun night team my priorities lie there but am obligated to help the other team also. i lost the toss and decided to throw my self out 1st so i would be available for my other team when they needed me.

they counter with a 3 ? they dumped on me knowing i was the best player on my team. so its a 4-2 race and i am stressed out and wind up not shooting that great but manage to win the 1st 2 racks. come the 3rd rack this guy starts shooting better than me and wins this rack and is on the hill.

i tell my g/f to get me a beer as i had been drinking coke and wanted to settle my nerves.
still not shooting great but win the next rack and its hill-hill. i break dry and this guy runs 7 balls and tries a hard cut on the 8 and misses. i run 6 balls and the cue ball winds up about 2'' short of where i needed it to get on my last ball which is on the other side of the 8. i have no choice but to kick off the bottom rail and try to pocket my last ball back up table into the top left corner. i make a great kick but it rattles the pocket. he pockets the 8 and wins 2-3.

now i could be like most typical pool players and league players in particular and complain about table rolls ....distractions from a shit load of people crammed on top of each other....people walking by distracting you ...oh yea and the most popular excuse of all...that guy had to be a sand bagger cause he shot 2 levels above his handicap:D.

the reality is i put too much pressure on my self and shot like a mediocre 5 and my opponent shot damn good for his s/l. my sun night team went on to pull out the wins needed.

not too long after my match was over my tue night captain comes over and tells me he needs me to play. i wind up facing another 5.

i break dry and he runs 7 balls and misses the 8. i run a few and play safe . he makes legal contact on the 8 and i run 2 more and try a safe that rolls a lil too far and he pockets the 8. when it fell his team started hootin and hollerin like they just won the world series.

i said to myself ...i need to shut them up. i ordered me another beer ..spun my ball cap around backwards and never looked back winning 4 in a row and shutting that team up for good. helluva difference from my 1st match just 45 minutes earlier. its amazing how your mindset affects your level of play. tue night team went on to pull it off also.

hope it goes the same today....except for how i played in my 1st match.:eek:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
We gave it good run, but lost in the finals, down to the last few games.

I'm very proud of my team.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We gave it good run, but lost in the finals, down to the last few games.

I'm very proud of my team.

hate to hear that dub. as i keep telling myself....always next year.

surprisingly my tue night team won the finals.

surprisingly my sun night team made to to the finals. not surprisingly we lost. hard to compete when 2 of your higher level players are no shows ...happens every single time.

we had 2-5's and 3-3"s vs their 1 - 6 ...3 - 5's and 1-2.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
We finished 6th I believe in the APA 8-ball so our team didn't qualify for the playoffs, nor did we get the wild card so we're sitting out for a couple of weeks till the next session starts. Was going to stop playing 8-ball teams and maybe switch to 9-ball, I wasn't even going to play the next session really but I guess you have to be an active member to play LTC's? I'm actually a little confused at this point and probably need to call the team captain for some clarity, maybe I should try and start a Bowlliards or American Rotation league out here.....hmmmm.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I'm glad my team is in first place because otherwise, league would be mighty hard to go to. It's really tough to sit in dark bars while looking out the window and beautiful almost-summer evenings.

Last night, NAPA lagger's choice, my team won 3-0. I needed 6 in a 6-4 8-ball race. We went hill-hill and I barely squeaked it out. My opponent is probably under-rated. Twice I scratched on the break and he ran out. Luckily, he's a very aggressive player and never plays safe. When he tried, I was able to give it back worse.

I'm still waiting to play my singles playoff matches. I think if I win my first playoff match, I'll be in the money. Hopefully we get that done soon because I am not practicing much. After a long cold winter, it's too hard to go down into an unfinished basement and play pool when I could be out in the sun, hacking my way around a golf course.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Our 32 week Season just ended. The Top Team (7 yrs. running) is comprised
of 1 A+, 2 A's, & 1 B+ ... Our Team (new this year) has 1 A, 2B+'s, & 1 C ...
We finished 2nd Overall out of 22 Teams. Not bad for being the Underdogs.

Summer League begins June 9th with an all-new Team. Can't wait.

Willi Makaball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I played a season of TAP, enjoyed the nights out, but went on a little long for my schedule, getting home at 12 mid night.
I won all but 2 matches, and they went hill-hill, so I was fine with my performance.
Things went south for the play-offs, they were being held outside of where we had been playing all season, starting at 8am, with a160 mile drive to get there, too much for me, Then players on my team didn't want to go, so of the 5 we needed, only myself and 2 others were willing to go, sure take 2 losses every match, So, Ive tried TAP, enjoyed it, but stepped out due to play-off set-up.