Cleanest chalk?

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool chalk is by its very nature messy. But I hate it discoloring my shaft and hate it getting all over my hands.

So what is the CLEANEST brand of chalk on the market?

Sherman Duke

Registered
I don't know... but a properly roughed tip will hold it better. I tend to apply chalk lightly and avoid rings on the ferrule. Using fresh chalk helps. Run away from cubes with deep craters in them. Some chalks are oilier, but I don't like them. I tried the Kamui, but prefer Tweeten chalk.

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried most and the only way is to clean the shaft and ferrule regularly. It's the nature of the game and I only apply lite but regular when playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have shafts that are almost 50 years old that aren't discolored too much by chalk. The key is keeping your shaft clean while you are playing with it. I have sweaty hands and I am wiping my cue with a towel at least once every two games and sometimes more. The sorry ass lack of properly working A/C in most pools halls doesn't help either.

I also wipe my cues and shafts down real good before I ever put them away.

Using tan chalk may help too. I use blue Magic Chalk, but would use it in tan if they made it.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
OB Chalk is the cleanest I've used
It's also very good chalk, stays on the tip nicely

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people call the discoloring of a shaft a "patina" and is like a war scar. Not me however.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think chalking technique is more important than chalk brand. I cringe when I see someone put the end of their cue into that crater and squeek it around for 20 seconds (and then put it chalk side down on the rail.)

Light strokes with the outside edges of the cube. And as an added bonus, your chalk almost never runs out. I play about 15 hours a week and have been using the same 2 pieces of chalk for the last year and a half. I retired the Predator (but still had a third of it left, in very usable condition with no crater) to try the Magic Chalk. I've been using it for months and looks hardly used, with just a gentle concavity in the middle.

Granted I am age 60, but the other 4 pieces of Predator and the other 2 pieces of Magic Chalk that I have should easily last me the rest of my life, if I don't get them wet.

Reactions: KRJ

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangle green judging by how clean all the house cues are at my local are ( and they are never cleaned ).

It's a great chalk used by a high percentage of snooker players ( inc me ) but for some reason, just isn't interesting enough for the pool world?