Post your Tuckers (TCW)...

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here are some pics of Murray's 5th cue. I no longer own this.

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

Hopefully someday I will be able to replace it...

I just finished putting a coat of Renaissance wax on it about an hour ago.

I have this cue and was talking to Murray about it today.

Murray told me, "This was one of my very first cues. It is cocobolo and maple.and probably one of my very first attempts at points. That is why they aren't even since I was just learning at the time. Not sure when in 2000 that I made it as I really didn't keep many records back then. Good thing is I haven't changed much about my tapers since then so it plays like my newer cues. I have gotten out of cues and all my machines are in storage."

This cue is still in perfect condition, has two shafts, and doesn't have a scratch on it.

It is the only Murray Tucker cue that I have, so I'm sure it will sit in my collection since it will be almost impossible to get another one made by him.

I'll upload a couple pictures from my phone, when I get a chance.

Aloha

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap phone camera pics taken yesterday after I had been playing with it for a while, so it isn't as "sparkly" as it is today after I cleaned it up and waxed it.

Attachments

• 20191006_141831.jpg
    20191006_141831.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 322
  • 20191006_141845.jpg
    20191006_141845.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Cheap phone camera pics taken yesterday after I had been playing with it for a while, so it isn't as "sparkly" as it is today after I cleaned it up and waxed it.

Damn fine cue. I hope to add a Tucker to my collection.

Josh

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Missed this thread first few times around ... but couldn't have posted anyway ... now I can, birdseye into curly purple heart :thumbup:

Thanks Murray! The cue remains one of my favorites, great balance, great hit, and a wonderful finish :thumbup:

Dave

Attachments

• TCW 1.jpg
    TCW 1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 274
  • TCW 2.jpg
    TCW 2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 283

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful Tuckers

Ross,you have a beautiful collection

I like that maple merry widow if you are thinking about selling
Dean

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Missed this thread first few times around ... but couldn't have posted anyway ... now I can, birdseye into curly purple heart :thumbup:

Thanks Murray! The cue remains one of my favorites, great balance, great hit, and a wonderful finish :thumbup:

Dave

Pretty snazzy piece of BEM there to Dave. Very nice. Thank you for posting the pics.
j2