Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page 2019 World 14.1 Tournament
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-25-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
They added word "Championship" to poster. I smell trouble..
You mean as in this from their announcement?
[...] In its first outing to be hosted by a southern stat, 9Ball Heaven in Jacksonville, Florida is the selected locaton of the 79th World Straight Pool Championship on December 2-7, 2019 immediately following the Mosconi Cup in Las Vegas. [...]
(emphasis mine)

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#17)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

09-28-2019, 05:44 PM

How is this the 79th Annual being now it's name the World 14.1 Championship.

Also it's been noticed that it's now sanctioned by the WSA (World Sports Alumni) which is CW's other business ?

I Am not against any of this Some 14.1 is better than no 14.1, it's been just discussed all over on facebook.

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#18)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-29-2019, 09:21 AM

awesome, bringing The World's event here to Jax

I'm surprised it isn't at his old favorite Bankshot but just looked now and see the place closed in the spring. Forgot that dumpy strip mall had its roof collapse or whatever. Pretty pathetic it is at 9 Ball Heaven. At least it is only about 1/2 mile from my Italian joint where I can get some grub in between rounds.

Wonder if anyone will show up. I'd go watch it but knowing the Dragon he'll try to charge like $20/session. Good luck.

Old
  (#19)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
awesome, bringing The World's event here to Jax

I'm surprised it isn't at his old favorite Bankshot but just looked now and see the place closed in the spring. Forgot that dumpy strip mall had its roof collapse or whatever. Pretty pathetic it is at 9 Ball Heaven. At least it is only about 1/2 mile from my Italian joint where I can get some grub in between rounds.

Wonder if anyone will show up. I'd go watch it but knowing the Dragon he'll try to charge like $20/session. Good luck.
Well I take that back, he is charging $10 a session:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2398...tive_tab=about

He won't be selling many.

Old
  (#20)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2019, 01:59 PM

I don't think that I will make the 6 hour drive just to watch, unless they hold a qualifier mid state and then anything can happen!

Old
  (#21)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member

10-08-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemosconi View Post
I don't think that I will make the 6 hour drive just to watch, unless they hold a qualifier mid state and then anything can happen!
They want you to tag your room to hold a qaulifier

https://www.facebook.com/Worldstraig...type=3&theater

Will be interesting to see who shows up and if any of the Mosconi cup players come down for it. I won't go to see any of the ridiculous round robins but will go for the rest, maybe. Will have to see what the seating setup looks like. When he used to hold events at Bankshot the overpriced seating sucked. He is charging $25 just for the finals. LMAO.

Last edited by Joe_Jaguar; 10-08-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Old
  (#22)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
They want you to tag your room to hold a qaulifier

https://www.facebook.com/Worldstraig...type=3&theater

Will be interesting to see who shows up and if any of the Mosconi cup players come down for it. I won't go to see any of the ridiculous round robins but will go for the rest, maybe. Will have to see what the seating setup looks like. When he used to hold events at Bankshot the overpriced seating sucked. He is charging $25 just for the finals. LMAO.
Here is the Latest on this World tournament= I inquired two weeks ago about where the qualifiers will be held- and when- my response received yesterday: The promoters sent me and 9 other people copied on the e mail (privacy issues) the same response: that we were NOW SPECIAL invitees to this tournament and for the small sum of $580- that needed to be sent by Oct 20- we would all have a special spot in the tournament- NOT WHAT I ASKED! when and where are the qualifiers? Not sending these folks $500+ EVER! So I guess no list of attendees yet, and I am sure all of the 9 people on that email response from the promoters asked the same question I did about qualifiers- all we got was a request to send them $500+ --- CRAZY!

Old
  (#23)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Here is the Latest on this World tournament= I inquired two weeks ago about where the qualifiers will be held- and when- my response received yesterday: The promoters sent me and 9 other people copied on the e mail (privacy issues) the same response: that we were NOW SPECIAL invitees to this tournament and for the small sum of $580- that needed to be sent by Oct 20- we would all have a special spot in the tournament- NOT WHAT I ASKED! when and where are the qualifiers? Not sending these folks $500+ EVER! So I guess no list of attendees yet, and I am sure all of the 9 people on that email response from the promoters asked the same question I did about qualifiers- all we got was a request to send them $500+ --- CRAZY!
The "plan" was 32 invitees plus 16 qualifier winners, right. Sounds like they may be a few short on invitee acceptances or qualifying events.

Last edited by AtLarge; 10-09-2019 at 09:50 AM. Reason: ualifiers

Old
  (#24)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member

10-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Hah, those round robins will be real thrillers.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: