Old
  (#1216)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-16-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post
Straightpool_99:
Most of us who've been around 14.1 for many decades as players and fans of the pros, greatly admired the pattern play of numerous past world champions.

Of the modern 14.1 players (youngish to middle-aged) most of them are also great 9-ballers and a certain amount of that 9-ball prowess shows up in their pattern differences from the old-timers' approach to rack-navigation.

My question, if you will, is: which -- if any -- of the modern top-level 14.1 high-ball-running champions employ patterns that interest you?

I always enjoy a great many of your very knowledgeable posts about 14.1 so thanks in advance for your reply.

Arnaldo
Niels Feijen.

Old
  (#1217)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebuddy View Post
RJChicago you said Stu's post is the best on this thread. Although it is a great thread I kind of like this one also by dudlock. Next time I get to Chicago I will try hard to meet up and the Pyramid pizza is on me
Well, maybe I should have qualified it by saying "thus far" lol

That sounds good, pizza on you and the beer is on me. And we'll just enjoy the room full of 9 foot Gold Crowns

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#1218)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Well, maybe I should have qualified it by saying "thus far" lol

That sounds good, pizza on you and the beer is on me. And we'll just enjoy the room full of 9 foot Gold Crowns
Is Chicago’s pizza better than NYC’S?

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#1219)
erhino41
AzB Silver Member
erhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
Notice how those who know the (powers at b) just laugh at the one's who are truly seeking the truth, many of whom were never good Straight Pool players.
Nobody's laughing. That's all in your head. Your projecting your own fears of being laughed at onto a situation that really has nothing to do with you. You are not important and nobody cares enough to take the effort to fool you.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#1220)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-17-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhino41 View Post
Nobody's laughing. That's all in your head. Your projecting your own fears of being laughed at onto a situation that really has nothing to do with you. You are not important and nobody cares enough to take the effort to fool you.

But everything bad that happens to him is the result of the Plan.

Old
  (#1221)
skip100
AzB Silver Member
skip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 07:38 AM

pretty funny that in an attempt to sound individualistic and free-thinking, so many people parrot poll-tested messaging used by the most powerful person in the world in his attempt to maintain his political power.

Oops.

Old
  (#1222)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-17-2019, 08:47 AM

Dammit, agent skip.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Old
  (#1223)
erhino41
AzB Silver Member
erhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
But everything bad that happens to him is the result of the Plan.
If you want to see a plan then you will see the plan everywhere you look.

I can understand mistrust in this day and age. Our politicians have done nothing but chip away at our ability to trust anything that we see, on both sides of the aisle.

You have to look at the "lie" before you and decide if you think it is important enough for one to lie about it. In this case it just doesn't make sense.

Ok Jay
Old
  (#1224)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Jay - 10-17-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Very funny Danny. Two days ago you sent me an apology and today I see this. This only furthers my feelings about you and your sanity. I hope you get the help you obviously need.

To respond to the above post, which I probably should just ignore coming from you. Me and me alone offered $10,000 for a complete unedited video of anyone running over 526 balls at Straight Pool. All I asked for in return was the complete rights to the video.
You could have jumped on that one yourself if you truly believed you were capable of such a run. Fatboy was not involved in my offer in any way! At no time did I ever say anything about flying to the room or inspecting the table. For whatever reason you felt the need to add that on your own.

As far as the rest of your post, it sounds like the mutterings of a fool, pretty much all incoherent nonsense. The only thing I smell is coming from you. And it stinks to high heaven!
Fair enough Jay, even though I don't completely understand how you can trust their (the powers at be) claim - without visual proof - I still have respect for you as a person and promoter of Pool. One question - that you may not answer :-/. Would you pay Schmidt the $10,000 - without first seeing visual proof of un edited video evidence? Your great at telling people what they want to hear, I just could not help but notice how you were laughing in the direction of people who were simply asking for video evidence - this was a heavy duty warning flag for me - as far as your concerned. I do remember you telling me in person that you would reserve the right to compare the table to the video (that is not my imagination).

Anyhue there it is, oh and it ain't funny for (powers that be - john Wife's words) to make a claim bout Mosconi's record has in fact been broken and laugh at those who simply would like to see evidence - that is called narcissism - from within the industry. Maybe i am paranoid - but that can at times be total awareness - not a bad sensory to have in this day and age. You have never been a negative force for the sport of Pocket Billiards, but again it is wrong to mock those who seek the truth - if I read it wrong than I DO sit corrected sir - and I do thank you for having my back a couple times. However there really is not anything Marvelous or Comical bout claiming the great Willie Mosconi's World record has been surpassed and not being able to prove and or hide it from the public's sight - in fact this makes some Mad. My 93 LA Open story is truly great Man - I cannot reveal it to you at this juncture - still working out the details in editing room. When the powers at be are ready - I will share it - oh wait I make my own decision's - Ok when I am ready to release the un redacted version I should say rather. :-)

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 10-17-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Old
  (#1225)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

10-17-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Shut your filthy mouth.

Eric

Old
  (#1226)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric. View Post
Shut your filthy mouth.

Eric
Big Apple heard from....RJ will straighten you out....

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

An interesting quote
Old
  (#1227)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting quote - 10-17-2019, 12:54 PM

From a speech in 1912 (Roosevelt) - "Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government - owing no allegiance to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul this unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of statesmanship". He also said something bout speak softly - the pool industry/govt is not really speaking too softly with this fictitious claim of 626 while failing to provide un edited proof.
In my 2nd Tar match up with mr.400 Ken Schunamen (retired govt guy turned referee?) said during commentary with cornerman - 'The consensus is that Schmidt is the best American Straight Pool player we have today'. I would have to disagree, I have seen first hand how he responds under pressure - he folds up like an envelope -that cannot be delivered. If ya'll don't think the rabbit hole of their claim of this mystery 626 does not descend possibly into corrupt business and or politics - you could be wrong. I am very leery of people who like to throw around statistics pertaining to one's ability, as to suggest they are selling the idea that they are irrefutably correct. If he would have said 'my opinion is' then that would have been more genuine but that is what my con'sensesee's. I think that this mystery 626 is what they (the powrs that b) are trying to sell us - I ain't interested in consensus's. But it does seem to be some sort of con to lay claim Willie's record has been surpassed in 4th largest news publication for USA and not having any evidence to back it up? All I can say is Wow.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 10-17-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Old
  (#1228)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
What kind of shit storm are you trying to start PT

But yes, it's better. Because we have two kinds, Deep dish and regular thin crust. NYC has paper thin pies, which is fine and dandy if you're on a diet

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#1229)
watchez
What time is it?
watchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5625

10-18-2019, 06:27 PM

Hello Danny

Hope all is well.

Your Friend
Steve ‘Watchez’

Watchez Is The Teacher ™

Those who dance are always laughed at by those who don't even hear the f'in music - George Carlin RIP

Old
  (#1230)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 07:12 PM

I keep reading though this long-ass thread to see if anything of significance is ever posted and I haven't found anything yet.

FWIW, WGAF if he ran 626 or 969?

I DON'T.

I'm just one of the people who will still say, "he didn't beat Mosconi's 526 under the same set of circumstances and using the same type of equipment."

He may have ran 626 and that is fine with me. Good job. I have no problem crediting him with running 626, but I don't consider it to be breaking Mosconi's record. It is a "different" record under different conditions.

Page 82 of 97 « First 3272808182 838492 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: