Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Custom Gold Crown Light
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

10-12-2019, 11:37 AM

We have a box! Gotta profile the long sides, quarter round the bottoms, profile the corners, make the diffuser panel and cut the lid. We should finish up this coming week.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#17)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
10-12-2019, 12:11 PM

I think, you might be better satisfied, with some LEDs about 5000 temperature...

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Old
  (#18)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

10-12-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
I think, you might be better satisfied, with some LEDs about 5000 temperature...
Leaning toward LED Bulbs: 5000K, 2200 Lumens, 94 CRI.

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#19)
grindz
AzB Silver Member
grindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-12-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
Glad you are leaning this way.... would have loved to have this option when my table was set up... as it is, it's on the 'to do' list.... waaay down there.

td

Old
  (#20)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-12-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
Quote:
Way too Blue.
Your brain adjusts to make you think it is a good color but in reality that Color Temp is harsh on the eyes.

Compare “Daylight” to “Cool White” lamps at Home Depot.

Why do think offices use “Cool White” 3800k and not “Daylight” 5000k.

BTW...it is cheaper to manufacture 5000k LED’s than other temps.
That is why you see so many LED lamps in that Temp range.

There are many articles on how harmful cheap LED’s are.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-...authority.html
https://www.wxyz.com/news/can-led-li...ays-they-might
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/16/healt...rnd/index.html

Shoot Pool
Not People

Last edited by mchnhed; 10-12-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Old
  (#21)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

10-12-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchnhed View Post
Way too Blue.
Your brain adjusts to make you think it is a good color but in reality that Color Temp is harsh on the eyes.

Compare “Daylight” to “Cool White” lamps at Home Depot.

Why do think offices use “Cool White” 3800k and not “Daylight” 5000k.

BTW...it is cheaper to manufacture 5000k LED’s than other temps.
That is why you see so many LED lamps in that Temp range.

There are many articles on how harmful cheap LED’s are.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-...authority.html
https://www.wxyz.com/news/can-led-li...ays-they-might
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/16/healt...rnd/index.html
I used (8) of these 5000K fluorescent bulbs in my last light fixture. Lighting was perfect.

Specs:

2600 Lumens (20,800 total)
90 CRI

One of the reasons I've leaned toward fluorescents was the lighting I was able to achieve with these bulbs.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-...9741/303811663

Old
  (#22)
GreenDean
AzB Bronze Member
GreenDean is on a distinguished road

10-18-2019, 08:23 AM

This looks awesome and perfect timing. I'm drafting up a table to match my recent anniversary acquisition. Cant wait to see more progress and thank you for sharing.

Old
  (#23)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

10-18-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDean View Post
This looks awesome and perfect timing. I'm drafting up a table to match my recent anniversary acquisition. Cant wait to see more progress and thank you for sharing.
Thanks! This might give you some inspiration. I made this light to match my old AMF that was similar in design to the Anniversary. I had the corners rolled from 1/2" aluminum plate by a local metal shop. The rest was fabricated from 3/4" maple.

Old
  (#24)
Banger
AzB Silver Member
Banger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks! This might give you some inspiration. I made this light to match my old AMF that was similar in design to the Anniversary. I had the corners rolled from 1/2" aluminum plate by a local metal shop. The rest was fabricated from 3/4" maple.

Holy cow! That's some serious wood, and a beautiful light!!

"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?" -- Ronald Reagan

Old
  (#25)
GreenDean
AzB Bronze Member
GreenDean is on a distinguished road

10-18-2019, 07:59 PM

are the corners on the AMF light at all structural or do they just cover the corners? They look great and I'm attempting to do something similar. Thanks and keep up the great work

Old
  (#26)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

10-18-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDean View Post
are the corners on the AMF light at all structural or do they just cover the corners? They look great and I'm attempting to do something similar. Thanks and keep up the great work
They were structural with studs to bolt the side pieces and tabs at the top to fasten to the top.

Old
  (#27)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
They were structural with studs to bolt the side pieces and tabs at the top to fasten to the top.
You sure they weren't carriage bolts?

Old
  (#28)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

10-19-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket View Post
You sure they weren't carriage bolts?
Now that's funny. I don't care who you are.

Old
  (#29)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

10-19-2019, 08:02 PM

You do nice work, I'm beginning to miss my garage and backyard.

Old
  (#30)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member

10-20-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I F D 1 View Post
You do nice work, I'm beginning to miss my garage and backyard.
Thank you, sir.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: