Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page My feelings aren't hurt
Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-17-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
By the same token,

You see a resume for Jamal Washington and immediately put it in the no pile....

You have power over the situation and exercise that power based solely on the name being of African American origin and your clientele my not be socially progressive to put it nicely.....

The above situation is racism because the candidate was hurt.

In your example of calling me the N word is disrespectful but does not have any real monetary or physical harm associated with it.

That is the difference...

Sincerely
Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Great and all but you dodged answering. Would me calling you the N word be racist? Yes or no.

Oh, I have another friend named Tyrone...a white guy - he laughs about being mistaken many times on paper for a black guy. And on something similar just because it popped into my head - years back I had a loaded up Chevy Avalanche with 22 inch chrome wheels...brothers were quite surprised to see a white guy driving it when they pulled up next to me Lol.

Old
  (#62)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
Great and all but you dodged answering. Would me calling you the N word be racist? Yes or no.

Oh, I have another friend named Tyrone...a white guy - he laughs about being mistaken many times on paper for a black guy. And on something similar just because it popped into my head - years back I had a loaded up Chevy Avalanche with 22 inch chrome wheels...brothers were quite surprised to see a white guy driving it when they pulled up next to me Lol.
My answer is no!

Just disrespectful

You would not have used that choice of words to address a Asian or Indian or Hawaiian...

It is something taught by someone most likely racist...

Kd

Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.

Old
  (#63)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
My answer is no!

Just disrespectful

You would not have used that choice of words to address a Asian or Indian or Hawaiian...

Kd

Ok, you're on record. I disagree though...and think many, many would also - as in almost everybody.

But you lost me with what you're saying about that choice of words...?

Old
  (#64)
Kid Dynomite
Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Kid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond reputeKid Dynomite has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Ok, you're on record. I disagree though...and think many, many would also - as in almost everybody.

But you lost me with what you're saying about that choice of words...?
You call a Asian the n word and they would not look at it any different than calling them a moron ...

The N word has the history of racism and slavery adding extra venom than other insulting words slung around so often ..

Kd

Like a Samurai you are only as good as your weapon!
A.K.A. = Dennis (Michael) Wilson Jr.

Old
  (#65)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
AZHousePros warning meant nothing to you, huh? Carry on!
I guess I missed it can you link it?

Did it say be quiet and don't tell the truth when some racist starts ranting repeatedly?

Just call on your white privilege and take it like a man? It's all whitey's fault after all.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#66)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....

10-17-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
You call a Asian the n word and they would not look at it any different than calling them a moron ...

The N word has the history of racism and slavery adding extra venom than other insulting words slung around so often ..

Kd

Yeah, it has a history of racism - hence why someone not black calling somebody black the N word is generally racist.

Other cultures have similar words and insults...within that culture. I could say koosa omak to most everybody's face here and get a shrug...but don't try that in Iraq. Part of what makes words / insults cross the line is with the shared understanding of what the word / insult means and knowing that this is the intent it is being used for. So of course calling someone something unique to one culture won't resonate in another culture.

Old
  (#67)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
How old are you? Seriously. Your use of emojis would make a teenage girl envious. Oh, I amost forgot...Kid Dynomite!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He and Jimmy Walker have the same IQ, hence the moniker.

Old
  (#68)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Careful.

You and Hondo have black friends.

Who knows where this common ground might lead.
I'll pass. Thanks anyway.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#69)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 07:04 PM

Fot those celebrating the death of another human being, no worries, one day it will be your turn. I'm not surprised in the least on those here celebrating.......good Christians that you are.

Old
  (#70)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....

10-17-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I'll pass. Thanks anyway.
Awwww, come on...after all - you could show me the scar from your stab wound.

Old
  (#71)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepocketron View Post
Fot those celebrating the death of another human being, no worries, one day it will be your turn. I'm not surprised in the least on those here celebrating.......good Christians that you are.

Old
  (#72)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

10-17-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:

Kd

as time passes the n word defines a lifestyle and not "race" to many more than you imagine (imo)

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Old
  (#73)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

10-17-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribdoner View Post
as time passes the n word defines a lifestyle and not "race" to many more than you imagine (imo)
But I've noticed that it's only certain types of white men who keep making a big deal about the N word. Most white men understand that black folks use the word with each other either ironically or sometimes derisively , but consider it highly offensive if called that by whites.
Thus, most white men respect that.
I'm sure you can see that.

Old
  (#74)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....

10-17-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
But I've noticed that it's only certain types of white men who keep making a big deal about the N word. Most white men understand that black folks use the word with each other either ironically or sometimes derisively , but consider it highly offensive if called that by whites.
Thus, most white men respect that.
I'm sure you can see that.
Is that right...so how about your state's KKK Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd?

https://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/03/04/byrd.slur/

Top Senate Democrat apologizes for slur

March 4, 2001
Web posted at: 2:21 p.m. EST (1921 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- West Virginia Sen. Robert Byrd apologized Sunday for a slur he used during a discussion of race relations in a nationally broadcast interview.

In an interview taped Friday for "Fox News Sunday," Byrd, 83, was asked about race relations in the United States.

"They are much, much better than they've ever been in my lifetime," Byrd said, but added that he believed people talk about race too much.

"My old mom told me, 'Robert, you can't go to heaven if you hate anybody.' We practice that. There are white niggers. I've seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much."

In apologizing, Byrd -- the Senate's senior Democrat -- said the phrase dated back to his childhood. In the same interview, Byrd also talked about joining the Ku Klux Klan in his youth, describing it as a mistake.

Interviewer Tony Snow did not ask Byrd about his use of the expression. But after the videotaped segment was played, Snow noted that Byrd had later apologized for his choice of words.

In a statement released by his office and read on Fox, Byrd expressed regret for the words.

"I apologize for the characterization I used on this program," he said. "The phrase dates back to my boyhood and has no place in today's society.

"As for my language, I had no intention of casting aspersions on anyone of another race," he said. "In my attempt to articulate strongly held feelings, I may have offended people."

"Unfortunately," he added, "there are people in every race who would rather attack others simply because of ill-conceived, false stereotypes based on skin color. People who do this are obstacles to positive race relations and become the stereotypes that they despise. But by working together and continually improving the understanding between the races, we can overcome these narrow-minded people and the obstacles that they represent."

His use of the term came about in his answer to a question about civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, who recently admitted that he had an extramarital affair and fathered a child out of wedlock.

Byrd said he had "never been an enthusiastic admirer of Jesse Jackson" but that Jackson "made a bad mistake."

"We all make mistakes. I made a mistake when I was a young man -- it's always been an albatross around my neck -- in joining the Ku Klux Klan," Byrd said. "We all make mistakes. We can strive to overcome them. That's his situation. What he and his God work out between themselves, that's their business."

Old
  (#75)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
My answer is no!

Just disrespectful

Kd

Is it disrespectful to sing the "N" word in a rap song that was published, sold and played millions of times on the radio, internet, awards shows, etc. if you are NOT of the same race as the rapper?

If a person isn't a person of color and purchases the song, are they not allowed to sing the song they purchased?

If not, then shouldn't the songs be BANNED and not allowed to be played or sold?

https://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...lur-1.37584705

Gina Rodriguez apologizes twice for singing lyric with racial slur

Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: