My apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I the only person wondering...

Who tapes the mail man delivering a package? I'd be screaming and hollering when I saw no shafts ( video or no video ). Dude seemed pretty calm about it.

DrOnePocket

Banned
I'd like to bet 100 that the cuemaker sent the shafts, and that the knifemaker is lying. Good action list only. Outcome has to be proven with certainty before any payoff.

If the mailman stole the shafts or they were lost in transit, its a push.

I like your end. lol

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Wouldnt it be AMAZING if the mail man is an AZ guy, followed this whole saga from the beginning and just to get even for making him read all of the back and forth he decided to conduct a little private psychological warfare campaign by jacking the two shafts before delivery ?

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why argue about shafts that were going to be replaced by some type of low deflection shaft anyways?:grin:

Somebody is being dishonest. That person knows who they are, but unfortunately both reputations may have been tarnished to the point that people might not make deals with them in the future.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, how can I involve myself in this saga. . .

How about a photoshop of Larry and the mailman having a beer and a few laughs....I know you don't have a pic of Larry, but any guy with a camera around his neck will do.

Had to bump it.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, what an epic saga.

For anybody keeping score at home I'm leaning towards Mr. Blades. It seems to me that he has been 1 step ahead of Trent throughout this whole thing.

As far as the video is concerned Mr. Blades was sitting around ready to film that's for sure. He even went so far as having only half of the pool table cover pulled back. Just enough room to walk up and roll the butt on the table. His reaction was quite subdued after he discovered that there were no shafts, but that was fitting with his character as far as I can tell. If you recall from the emails that were posted - the Blade man remained calm even when he was told that the butt was going to be chopped up into pieces. He knew how to handle Trent and the best way to get this cue into his position. He threatened him with a lawsuit after Trent was unwilling to send the cues. Then low and behold, Trent was willing to send the cue.

If you look closely the same thing is happening again. The evidence is beginning to mount against Trent and what does he want to do? He wants to send two more shafts. Hmmmm. Sounds like someone is getting nervous.

Everybody has a limit to how much crap they will take from someone. If I really believed that someone was totally trying to screw me over by completely ruining my reputation the last thing I would do is reward them with 2 more shafts.

All of that is really unimportant. For me, the most important lesson to take from this whole thing is to never use a knife in the fashion that Mr. Blades did. Did you hear that? He hit that knife on the counter at least 2 times. There is no doubt my wife would have come home and walked into the kitchen and discovered the two itty-bitty little scratches on the counter and she would have really let me have it.

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Wouldnt it be AMAZING if the mail man is an AZ guy, followed this whole saga from the beginning and just to get even for making him read all of the back and forth he decided to conduct a little private psychological warfare campaign by jacking the two shafts before delivery ?

I was thinking something similar, what if Meridian and Trent were both in on this together...I was hoping for a huge twist here but not likely.

Kinda like an ending that makes the whole AZ community drop their coffee cups all at the same time a'la the ending of the Usual Suspects. :smile:

Kevin

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
I don't see what's left to discuss.

He posted a video where he took the package directly from the mailman then went right to the kitchen and opened the box.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, what an epic saga.

For anybody keeping score at home I'm leaning towards Mr. Blades. It seems to me that he has been 1 step ahead of Trent throughout this whole thing.

As far as the video is concerned Mr. Blades was sitting around ready to film that's for sure. He even went so far as having only half of the pool table cover pulled back. Just enough room to walk up and roll the butt on the table. His reaction was quite subdued after he discovered that there were no shafts, but that was fitting with his character as far as I can tell. If you recall from the emails that were posted - the Blade man remained calm even when he was told that the butt was going to be chopped up into pieces. He knew how to handle Trent and the best way to get this cue into his position. He threatened him with a lawsuit after Trent was unwilling to send the cues. Then low and behold, Trent was willing to send the cue.

If you look closely the same thing is happening again. The evidence is beginning to mount against Trent and what does he want to do? He wants to send two more shafts. Hmmmm. Sounds like someone is getting nervous.

Everybody has a limit to how much crap they will take from someone. If I really believed that someone was totally trying to screw me over by completely ruining my reputation the last thing I would do is reward them with 2 more shafts.

All of that is really unimportant. For me, the most important lesson to take from this whole thing is to never use a knife in the fashion that Mr. Blades did. Did you hear that? He hit that knife on the counter at least 2 times. There is no doubt my wife would have come home and walked into the kitchen and discovered the two itty-bitty little scratches on the counter and she would have really let me have it.

And you would think that a knife maker wouldn't have so much trouble cutting a package open with a knife.:grin:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I don't see what's left to discuss.

He posted a video where he took the package directly from the mailman then went right to the kitchen and opened the box.

You have to look deeper my friend....

For instance the mysterious duct tape

The lack of reaction upon seeing no shafts

The highly suspicious lack of barking from the dog

Any one thing is not that big a deal but taken as a whole.....

This case is at least as complex as the Kennedy assassination. I am really waiting for the NPR crowd to dig into this tasty issue. Only then will we know for sure.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This case is at least as complex as the Kennedy assassination. I am really waiting for the NPR crowd to dig into this tasty issue. Only then will we know for sure.

Yeah, this video has been analyzed at least as much as the Zapruder film!!

Trent

Banned
reaction was quite subdued after he discovered that there were no shafts, but that was fitting with his character as far as I can tell. If you recall from the emails that were posted - the Blade man remained calm even when he was told that the butt was going to be chopped up into pieces. He knew how to handle Trent and the best way to get this cue into his position. He threatened him with a lawsuit after Trent was unwilling to send the cues. Then low and behold, Trent was willing to send the cue.

This is by far the farthest thing from the truth posted so far.

heres my first email to larry

Well i have some bad news. I took the cue to the pool room this morning to test hit it with my playing shaft, it hit really solid and played well. until i hit a extreme low english shot and i heard a funny sound. so i held it up to my ear ear and gave it a few taps and theres a slight rattle at the Ajoint but its deffenitly aparent that its there. I dont know what to do about it, ive never had one rattle like this before.

breaks my heart I really liked this cue, but theres no way it acceptable now. How would you like me to resolve this?

I feel horrible.

I went on to offer a Free cue when i get the shop going again a full refund and send him the only comprable wood in my shop to make it up to him.

then heres his response

Trent
There is nothing to work out, and there is nothing to debate. You have MY PROPERTY.... Send me the completed koa cue and the shafts as agreed upon. The paypal payment has been made for the $135 that I owed you for making the cue with MY STABILIZED KOA MATERIALS. It is now done. YOU HAVE BEEN PAID IN FULL...... PERIOD. Paypal Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 62M39456EU690472L) If I want to use the cue as a tomato stake in my garden thats up to me. If you decide not to follow through with this written agreement its breach of contract and theft.

If I do not receive an email with the tracking # for the completed koa cue and shafts by 10 am Wednesday morning (7-25-12), then I will be filing charges with your local police department, and contacting my attorney for the next legal steps I need to take. I will also be posting all of this, so people can see that you STOLE the stabilized koa from me.

Sincerely,
Larry Shaughnessy

heres my response to that BS

I thought I was making a fair offer but apparently not.

I offered to make you a free cue if u supply the material, just to make it up to you. And refund your money and give you some very nice burl woods. I thought bussiness wise on my part that was more than fair.

I have a lot of time and money invested in this aswell, the rings are not chep nor is the phenolic or the pins or the finish. I'm at a lose in this just as much as you.

I urge you to please reconsider my offer. As I do not want a substandard cue to leave my shop.

If you still deam this as a unsatisfactory offer I'm sure we can work it out.

his respones

Trent,
In addition to what has already been stated.......I just want you to know that if I discover that my Koa cue has indeed been sold to someone else, I am not only going after you to recover my property, but your buyer as well, your buyer will never be able to take the cue out in public without repercussions . . . I have also taken pictures of your facebook page showing the the comments and offers you received on my Koa cue during and after its completion. I will be providing this evidence to the police and my attorney.

And he went on to say on here and in email that i sold the cue out from under him im a theif, i stole his property, ill make sure you and anyone who has that cue wont be able to take it in public.

sounds like a real calm person to me.

Trent,
In addition to what has already been stated.......I just want you to know that if I discover that my Koa cue has indeed been sold to someone else, I am not only going after you to recover my property, but your buyer as well, your buyer will never be able to take the cue out in public without repercussions . . . I have also taken pictures of your facebook page showing the the comments and offers you received on my Koa cue during and after its completion. I will be providing this evidence to the police and my attorney.
Sincerely Larry Shaughnessy

all and the rash of emails were sent in one night while i was at work he went off like a cannon.

granted i was mad and said to myself fine he wants his damn property back so back ill cut the cue apart and send him the wood pieces back.

and i posted it with the wrong verbiage

i should have originally said ill disassemble the cue at the rings and send your wood back.

well ive yet again made a good offer to larry and no response 2 black phenolic shafts for the cue so you can atleast play with it.

lets see if i even get a response.

Last edited:

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member

Ha, with this crowd that seems about right. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills sometimes.

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is by far the farthest thing from the truth posted so far.

heres my first email to larry

Well i have some bad news. I took the cue to the pool room this morning to test hit it with my playing shaft, it hit really solid and played well. until i hit a extreme low english shot and i heard a funny sound. so i held it up to my ear ear and gave it a few taps and theres a slight rattle at the Ajoint but its deffenitly aparent that its there. I dont know what to do about it, ive never had one rattle like this before.

breaks my heart I really liked this cue, but theres no way it acceptable now. How would you like me to resolve this?

I feel horrible.

I went on to offer a Free cue when i get the shop going again a full refund and send him the only comprable wood in my shop to make it up to him.

then heres his response

Trent
There is nothing to work out, and there is nothing to debate. You have MY PROPERTY.... Send me the completed koa cue and the shafts as agreed upon. The paypal payment has been made for the $135 that I owed you for making the cue with MY STABILIZED KOA MATERIALS. It is now done. YOU HAVE BEEN PAID IN FULL...... PERIOD. Paypal Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 62M39456EU690472L) If I want to use the cue as a tomato stake in my garden thats up to me. If you decide not to follow through with this written agreement its breach of contract and theft.

If I do not receive an email with the tracking # for the completed koa cue and shafts by 10 am Wednesday morning (7-25-12), then I will be filing charges with your local police department, and contacting my attorney for the next legal steps I need to take. I will also be posting all of this, so people can see that you STOLE the stabilized koa from me.

Sincerely,
Larry Shaughnessy

heres my response to that BS

I thought I was making a fair offer but apparently not.

I offered to make you a free cue if u supply the material, just to make it up to you. And refund your money and give you some very nice burl woods. I thought bussiness wise on my part that was more than fair.

I have a lot of time and money invested in this aswell, the rings are not chep nor is the phenolic or the pins or the finish. I'm at a lose in this just as much as you.

I urge you to please reconsider my offer. As I do not want a substandard cue to leave my shop.

If you still deam this as a unsatisfactory offer I'm sure we can work it out.

his respones

Trent,

And he went on to say on here and in email that i sold the cue out from under him im a theif, i stole his property, ill make sure you and anyone who has that cue wont be able to take it in public.

sounds like a real calm person to me.

Trent,
Sincerely Larry Shaughnessy

all and the rash of emails were sent in one night while i was at work he went off like a cannon.

granted i was mad and said to myself fine he wants his damn property back so back ill cut the cue apart and send him the wood pieces back.

and i posted it with the wrong verbiage

i should have originally said ill disassemble the cue at the rings and send your wood back.

well ive yet again made a good offer to larry and no response 2 black phenolic shafts for the cue so you can atleast play with it.

lets see if i even get a response.

The emotionless zen master........... Not so much. Now that's how someone reacts when they think they are getting screwed.

Trent

Banned
Sorry guys my color/organizational posting skills are not that of Rick G. he would have already talked this thing away.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All this over two shafts! Seems like two people have way too much time on their hands, and have managed to entrap many others in their nonsensical dealings. We've all fallen into this trap, shame on us! I don't even want to delve into the psychology of why humans will go so far to cover up a lie or make one up in the first place. That fault lies deep within all of us, in the darker recesses of our soul. A place the wiser of us leaves untouched for a lifetime.

P.S. IMO that video looks so staged! I don't even want to begin to say all the things I see wrong with it and I'm no Sherlock Holmes. :rolleyes:
Take care all, I've seen about enough. I should have known better than to re-enter this fray. Shame on me.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Yeah, this video has been analyzed at least as much as the Zapruder film!!

Maybe the shafts will show up on a hospital gurney by the end of the day (in pristine condition :wink:).

Maniac (this thread's funnier than a John Barton rant :grin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.