POTUS shooting pool in Denver last night!

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Not too many AZer's would go to the Wynkoop Brewing Company to play pool.
Hickenlooper is the original owner, and it is basically a yuppie micro brew bar / restaurant, with a bunch of pool tables upstairs.
I used to take engineers there for lunch or go in there on a date, but it's really not that much fun to play pool at The Wynkoop...nice place with zero pool hall feel.
Those Gold Crowns came from the defunct Colorado Cue Club, and before that they had mostly furniture type tables.
Melissa Little was involved there as the house pro for a while.
Most of the AZer's in Denver hang out at Felt Billiards.

It's interesting that during the the '08 election, Obama was supposed to take a lesson from Tom Ross.
Before Tom's stroke, he was running the pool room at a bar called the Skylark.
The lesson never happened, but I had a pic of him playing pool back then.

Hard core pool players like their current equipment, but pool players generally will avoid paid parking of any type during M-Sat. Also some of the up stairs support posts of this 1900's building have some tight spots where a short cue might be needed, but otherwise, it's your typical Colorado Brewery pool room But they now, because of Melissa, have commercial pool tables, which is NOT the norm.

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Not too many AZer's would go to the Wynkoop Brewing Company to play pool....

thanks, Honey! it was unclear WHERE they were playing.
but what i want to know, is - did ANY of yáll @ Denver, Co Springs, Breck, Vail, etc even KNOW that this was going down? and even if it were all "top secret", didn't the bar owner at least call/text one of yáll & spread the word ASAP? (cause we are all pretty savvy at spreading the word)

i can't believe that NONE of yáll were there. WTH? did Obama NOT want a REAL player cutting in on his action????
:wink:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
but what i want to know, is - did ANY of yáll @ Denver, Co Springs, Breck, Vail, etc even KNOW that this was going down? and even if it were all "top secret", didn't the bar owner at least call/text one of yáll & spread the word ASAP? (cause we are all pretty savvy at spreading the word)

i can't believe that NONE of yáll were there. WTH? did Obama NOT want a REAL player cutting in on his action????

Since I get all of my news from AZ Billiards I guess the answer is no, we didn't know
anything about it.
I blame the governor, I don't think he wanted us there.
Hickenlooper is the player, and obviously Obama is the stakehorse.
Remember, they are still a bunch of democrats, and it was Hickenloopers gig, his
bar, his state, tough for anybody to go in there and win><:smile:
Could be bad action, have you ever seen a United States President post?
I didn't think so...tough game in Lodo.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

I missed this event. I have been on the west coast at Hard times, House of Billiards and Families. The Gov will normally let me know on these games:p

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I missed this event. I have been on the west coast at Hard times, House of Billiards and Families. The Gov will normally let me know on these games:p

ok you're exempt, Jim :smile:

how could Obama & the governor do a publicity stunt, that not ONE Colorado AZer would know about? when he comes through here, they shut down entire highways & the news knows within 5 minutes from all the traffic phone calls. you can't SLIP the Pres through Raleigh/Greensboro/Charlotte. what's the scuttlebutt since this went down?

or was it supposed to be on the down-low, cause they were playing a race to 3 for nationalized legalization...? :cool:

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
Hey Slide....not enough peeks at your thread in NPR? I like it better when you enlighten us all on what it takes to be a top notch shooter.

Step one. A straight in stop shot.

Place a strip of paint masking tape on the table pointing to the corner pocket.
Closest end about the side pocket. Put donuts on the tape one and 2 diamonds
apart.

Shoot the ball into the pocket with a stop shot. Note if you consistently move the cue
ball to the left or right. Note also if the cue tip lands center tape. This will identify
a foot, body, bridge and stroke alignment problem.

Causes. Rear foot placement, rear hand twisted, and a number of other things.

If you can't figure it out. Take a few lessons with someone who can correct it.

Submit your $20 in the slot.

:D

Last edited:

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I have to admit, he looks like a pretty weak player....I'd love to play him......but being from Chicago, he might be as big of a pool hustler as he is a corrupt politician.....

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
Photo ops are designed to look good.
The person is being promoted not the activity.

Skill not fluff is a better ambassador.
Knowledge not ignorance the superior promoter.

:)

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

Based on your signature, I'm guessing your thoughts are totally unbiased, but I disagree. Carry on with your ignorant and hateful plan.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on your signature, I'm guessing your thoughts are totally unbiased, but I disagree. Carry on with your ignorant and hateful plan.

Looks like you cornered the market on ignorance and hate.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Looks like you cornered the market on ignorance and hate.

bc427b85d6b35210cce34248eed61c217fc2accf786502848fb098c770489665.jpg

Shaft

Hooked and Improving
Silver Member
Re POTUS: he's a poser. On everything.

Re Wynkoop Brewery: I liked the place. Good beer, good food, good music, good service, decent tables. Columns can be slightly a nuisance, but not much. Not for everybody, but it is good for what it is.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Boring

Go back to the non pool related section.....

Last edited: