Tony Vs Dennis Chit Chat Thread

daphish1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Immediately grabbing the pocketed ball that needs to be spotted is an old school thing to do. I learned to do it and it's a good habit to start. I frequently see players forget to spot that ball.

Tony is doing the same thing. Yesterday, Dennis made a ball in his hole and one in the side, Tony immediately picked up the ball that dropped in the side.

Drop pockets could make a difference but when you have a ball return they all go to the same place. Easier to forget if you don't get it right away.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought we were talking about when you make a ball in your pocket and your opponents pocket at the same time and you are still at the table. Then you would move one ball into your table tray on your side and one into his on tables with a ball return. If you put the ball into the tray for your opponent before you shoot your next shot, how are you shooting with a ball in your hand?

I thought we were talking about how to treat a ball that needs to be spotted, prior to the shooter's inning ends.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post

Ha Ha, do you even realize how foolish and petty you make yourself look with comments like this?

Can't be looking half as bad as you and your commentary from the booth :)

Lou Figueroa

All right you two....settle down. :thumbup:

Dexter36

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, your efforts are noticed and appreciated at my house, what pool needs is more top flight guys like yourself. Keep up all the good work!

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any chance of a JAY vs LOU joust on the field of green??

I would have to say that Lou seems to be trying to bark one up .. Or perhaps he just barks and barks because that's his idea of a conversation?

Would be fun to watch !!!

Slide Rule

ConservativeHardLiner
Silver Member
This is the best one pocket I have seen.
I have been watching on my smart tv the last two nights.
It displays as if you were there.

The commentary is also outstanding.
Thanks Jay

Al

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the best one pocket I have seen.
I have been watching on my smart tv the last two nights.
It displays as if you were there.

The commentary is also outstanding.
Thanks Jay

Al

:thumbup:
Damn straight. Getting about extra awesome now.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
It's money time and Dennis appears locked in early

I put him on a timer twice last game, one shot took 2 minutes 15 seconds and one took almost 2 minutes.
He is not as slow as we think.
When he sees an out, he shoots relatively fast.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
31-30 DO.
DO breaking. Dennis broke and made a ball.
Has to break again.

It will be interesting how TRex plays behind.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tide has turned.

Dennis is ahead for the first time in the match.

I'm predicting Dennis from here, not that I care who wins.

Tony plays outstanding one-pocket and can beat anybody in the world on a given day, but he has wild "swings" and will go from super-aggressive to a bit more conservative on a moment's notice.

If he gets behind, I'm thinking he may get overly aggressive and let Dennis take over the momentum.

ric23

no stroke!!!
Silver Member
My opinion is that DO is stalling trying to get an edge.

Having said that, in a money match all is fair, particularly at this price point. If TC thought anything DO might do would be a problem he could have tried to negate it during negotiations, like stipulating a shot clock, but did not -- that means he was willing to fade the chalk heisting, ball juggling, stalling, and moon walk. It comes with the territory.

Now the real question in my mind is whether TC wakes up tonight and realizes the right shot against most normal human beings is not the right shot against DO, who is going to punish him if one of his Cirque du Soleil shots does not work out *perfect.*

Lou Figueroa

Well said sir. They both know what they are getting themselves into.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I put him on a timer twice last game, one shot took 2 minutes 15 seconds and one took almost 2 minutes.
He is not as slow as we think.
When he sees an out, he shoots relatively fast.

Tony has to quench his butthole up or it's gonna be tough. Tony just needs to see something go in and it's on

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jealous of what, Jay?

Making a fool of myself in the booth during a high profile match. Being openly mocked in the chat and here? Neither I, and certainly not you, are qualified to commentate this match.

Lou Figueroa
"A man's gotta know
his limitations."
word

Lou,

I usually agree with your posts but think you are a bit off base here.
Do you feel the commentators should play/think the game better than the best pool players on the planet?
If so, they would be playing, not commenting....
Commentators are simply there to give a little insight, not know everything.
JMHO....