Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really cool and unique combination. Like the butt for being wrapped to the buttcap :) Thanks for sharing!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx, that colour combo is sweeter with every single day I look at it!:D:D:D And we are on the same boat with that wrap to the buttcap, it is just now that I realized how many shots you play where you need that 5-10cm extra reach so you grip the cue at the very end where this wrap helps to grip the cue comfortably :thumbup:

A friend has that cue. After a few months of play the wrap messed up. Predator repaired the wrap but he was without the cue for over a month and it cost him $75 to ship with enough insurance to cover cue replacement.

I was gonna go with that one until that happened. I don't guess it matters as long as predator stands good as they did.

Congrats and enjoy

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cue looks like something James Bond would use! Real beauty!

Question for my own ignorance. I know in China there are knockoffs of most every desirable product from Rolex to Nike. Are there Chinese knock offs of Chinese products as well? I have a buddy who got a "great deal" on a Casio G-shock, when it quit working, the watch repairman told him it was cheap chinese knockoff, done so well that the only way to know it would be to take it apart and see the internal components.

Just curious if legit Chinese companies have the same issues?

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marek...What's with that chunk and tear of the wrap near the butt-cap? My Pred/revo butt has the same wrap which I felt was too coarse and sharp/bumpy when new. I took a hot iron to it and it smoothed down to where I liked the feel. Your white/black cue is a beauty.....enjoy. Mitch

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Marek...What's with that chunk and tear of the wrap near the butt-cap? My Pred/revo butt has the same wrap which I felt was too coarse and sharp/bumpy when new. I took a hot iron to it and it smoothed down to where I liked the feel. Your white/black cue is a beauty.....enjoy. Mitch
That's a stamped Predator logo in the wrap. I just bought a new Throne 2 4 cue and at first I thought that the wrap had some flaw or gouge in it, until I looked really close and noticed that the gouge was in the shape of a Panther! LOL

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm really embarassed. I see the panther now. My cue doesn't have that. When did Predator start that ? I apologize for my ignorance. Mitch

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yesterday a small miracle happened to me. I was finally able to get my hands on my own Predator 8k white with Revo 12.9mm. Revo is on a huge backorder everywhere in Europe and USA but if you really want it there is always a way,you just have to be open-minded and you have to have a friend in China:thumbup: As it seems Predator China "eats" all Revo production at this moment and will not stop doing it until the market is saturated there. What is also interesting Predator China has some products that are not available anywhere else,they have different colour versions of cases,gloves or even some cues (air2), instead of that yellow-orange they use red. Also my new 8k white is a cue i havent seen anywhere else.
As for the playing properties i like the balance much better with 8k/Revo combo than with my Mezz/Ex Pro,8k+Revo is more forward-balanced and i like it. As for the Revo itself it is just what it is - the lowest deflection shaft on the market with amazing energy transfer and sweet hit for me.
Oh by the way I found a new Predator shaft on Predator China website - C8 (quite expensive one as well - 460usd) and they have a comparison chart that shows it as a very good alternative performance-wise if you want to stick with wood instead of carbon,i will post pics of the table as a follow-up..

Nothing to do with the cue, but, who covered your table? The folds on the side pocket are WRONG. Was lookin at the cue and noticed the fold is on the outside of the pocket and not the inside.

Trent from Toledo