What is the longest someone has played pool?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So does anyone know the world record for the longest time someone have played pool? I ask cause I think it would be fun to do. I played 15 racks of pool today. Took my about 3.5 hours. It would be so much fun never sitting down only standing and never stopping just keep shooting.

Thanks

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Doing a search does nothing for your post counts. :boring2:

Tomorrow question will be: How long have you shot pool without going to the bathroom...?

Sundays preview will be : Do you ever use the light reflections on the balls to align your shots...?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tomorrow question will be: How long have you shot pool without going to the bathroom...?

Sundays preview will be : Do you ever use the light reflections on the balls to align your shots...?

When you say not using the restroom are you wearing a diaper or not?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So does anyone know the world record for the longest time someone have played pool? I ask cause I think it would be fun to do. I played 15 racks of pool today. Took my about 3.5 hours. It would be so much fun never sitting down only standing and never stopping just keep shooting.

Thanks
Rather than playing by yourself, meaningless pool, a much more impressive feat would be the longest time anyone has played a heads up $ match. For myself, it’s nearly 24 hours, from early afternoon to nearly noon time the next day. Even though this was 45 years ago, it was by far the biggest $ score of my life. I’ve heard stories of $ sessions lasting 3-4 days nonstop.

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played from a Friday night about 7:00 till about 4:00 the next afternoon. I may have had to sit out a few games in that time, and ate a bite or 2, but was there at the tables all the time.
Of course I pissed a few times but never pooped.
And a few times I went into the bathroom but didn't have to piss!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rather than playing by yourself, meaningless pool, a much more impressive feat would be the longest time anyone has played a heads up $ match. For me it’s about 24 hours, but I’ve heard stories of $ sessions lasting three or four days nonstop.

Are we talking about pool or pocket pool?

Rather than playing by yourself, meaningless pool, a much more impressive feat would be the longest time anyone has played a heads up $ match. For me it’s about 24 hours, but I’ve heard stories of $ sessions lasting three or four days nonstop.

Yeah, I thought that this would be an interesting thread to read, until people start posting links, and have nothing else interesting to add, about their own experiences, and start making fun of the OP for asking such a question in the 1st place.

I really liked your reply though.

Loved the long money game session in The Hustler. How long did that last? I forget, but I am guessing around 2 days? I understand that it was just a movie, but I think the topic is very interesting.

Longest I ever played against another opponent was for maybe 8-10 hours.

I can't even imagine being able to stay awake for longer then a full day. I do not know how pool players are able to play such long pool sessions.

Last edited:
Reactions: pab

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

See message below...

Yeah, I thought that this would be an interesting thread to read, until people start posting links, and have nothing else interesting to add, about their own experiences, and start making fun of the OP for asking such a question in the 1st place.

I really liked your reply though.

Loved the long money game session in The Hustler. How long did that last? I forget, but I am guessing around 2 days?

If you're referring to my comment as making fun of the OP, then yes, he made a joke about being 76 then screwed up the response, I thought it was funny but I also thought I could fix his mistake while poking fun.

The guy above you though, he needs to pull out the tampon, I think it's been there a little too long and he's getting some irritation...

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I played 16 straight hours when I first started to be able to make a few balls. When we first started I won about 1 game out of 5 , when we quit I was losing about 1 game out of 5 , my game never improved that fast again for the next 50 years . It was 2 dollar nine ball.
When I got even in the middle of the night, my opponent suggested we just put the games on the wire and I didn't know any better and said ok, Of course I got stiffed .
I didn't care , I was really playing good now!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the 80's days of chemical warfare i know more than a few that played 4-5days straight.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See message below...

If you're referring to my comment as making fun of the OP, then yes, he made a joke about being 76 then screwed up the response, I thought it was funny but I also thought I could fix his mistake while poking fun.

The guy above you though, he needs to pull out the tampon, I think it's been there a little too long and he's getting some irritation...
It was funny.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the 80's days of chemical warfare i know more than a few that played 4-5days straight.

When I started back in the 80's we would play from noon until 1am every Saturday, after playing until 1am on Friday after work.

I didn't partake but there were many players who would be in a money game at closing time and then head to someone's home room to finish up, I'm sure they lasted until early morning at the latest.

See message below...

I was referring to the 1st person who replied with a link, which you fixed for him.

I really enjoy reading about road stories, and things that happened in the life of a pool player, like maybe one time when they may have known about a couple of players who may have matched up, and played for 3 days straight, in a 10 ahead One Pocket match for example.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm old and still have no problem playing for a day or more straight.

Just several months ago, before the virus, I played 20 hours straight on more than one occasion. The only thing that kept me from going longer was it was closing time.

I was the first person in Brian's when they opened at 6:00 AM and I played continuously until 2:00 AM the next morning.

That was with ZERO breaks, except going to the bathroom a few times and without eating anything for the whole time...only a large coffee and maybe a soda for the whole 20 hours.

I have stayed awake for as long as 4 or 5 days, years ago...not playing pool for the entire time though.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I'm not a big gambler so my longest money session was only 8 hours but I've seen Jimmy "the kid" Wetch play some 30 hour + sessions years ago against good players such as Reed Pierce, Shannon Daulton, and a few others. His game stayed pretty strong the entire time.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

yup been there done that.mid 80's.
played in a 4 handed game known as Chicago or 1 and 5.
started sometime Friday night and played non stop to late Sunday.
We ran out of coke(the powdered kind for those of you in Loma Linda) sometime on Sunday and we all called quits.