Maryland 2012 14.1 Straight Pool Championships

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Right Bob

There are lots of things to see in person that will never be in the stream. For example, I've twice seen rain on the tournament tables at world championships. I think that has not been on a stream lately. For me attending a tournament nearly always includes picking up something priceless.

Like when Steve Lipsky played the opening safe on Johnny Archer. Johnny looked at the stack and said I am playing a combo...Steve does it look dead...that was on a non streaming table...priceless. The combo wasn't dead...as Johnny found out after he shot it!

Also after Thorsten beat Mika 125 to 1 in the semi finals and Schmidt beat Archer 125 to -1 Johnny said to Mika...if we add our scores together we got zero...the price was cheap for the talent at this tournament!

Last edited:

Levi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MD State 14.1 tournament!!!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that came to support us!!!
Also to all the players that came. This was the absolute best we ever had!!! And to watch all the talent in person was cool. The door charge was to try to make back part of the added money (which was huge!!!) and we did pretty good people!!! The seniors we charge only $10 anyone else got in for $20

Thanks for your support people it's not an easy task getting all those world champions!!

I wanted to say thanks again people.....and I can't wait for next year!!!!

PS- Next year we should get Efren and busty!!! WOWWWW!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks, Rick & Cindy!!

I wanted to say a special thanks also to: Megan for running such a great tournament!!! And also to Robert Cord for helping me with the tables!!! Plus, a huge thank you to Peter Burrows for recruiting all the BIG GUNS!!

One more... a huge THANK YOU TO JR.CALVERT AND ALVIN FOR THE LIVE STREAM!!

Last edited:

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great show!

I watched the stream. If I could have been there, $20-to see the best-no problem. (I am a senior but would gladly pay young 'uns' prices).Hey, for $20, you couldn't buy a piece of chalk. (Kamui, that is.)

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the stream. If I could have been there, $20-to see the best-no problem. (I am a senior but would gladly pay young 'uns' prices).Hey, for $20, you couldn't buy a piece of chalk. (Kamui, that is.)

My wife and I are seniors but we were asked for $20 each at the door and paid it. I guess we look young. :confused:
This tournament was worth every penny.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
My wife and I are seniors but we were asked for $20 each at the door and paid it. I guess we look young. :confused:
This tournament was worth every penny.

Rich,

if you look young then I must look like a corpse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
On Sat. and Sun. I tried any info on the Live Stream for the tourny, I could not find any. I was really surprised!

Did anyone else have issues?

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
On Sat. and Sun. I tried any info on the Live Stream for the tourny, I could not find any. I was really surprised!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Yes. I had to flail around for a while. There was a link somewhere but it was not totally and completely obvious which of several to use. Also, after I got connected once I was not on the feed -- I was on some other promotion or something. Eventually everything worked fine except that full-screen occasionally collapsed to the right 2/3rds of the screen (with tall, narrow balls) but that was fixed by reloading the page.

I don't mean for the above to sound like a complaint -- I'm really happy that the stream was available. After watching Mika run 70, I went to league and set the high run for the session so far.

Last edited:

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that after John won that first tournament the monkey is off his back. I think we will see great things from him in the future.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

the tourney was live streamed by Inside Pool. they recorded alot of matches and are going to put them up on YouTube, so search them out there and subscribe to their channel so you will know when they are posted.

-Steve