Riley Snooker Table Assembly Video

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought folks who follow this subforum might find this interesting. I did!

This is a 17 minute promotional video showing a crew assemble a snooker table.

I have been watching a lot of pool and snooker on youtube, and this popped up as a suggestion.

I have several opinions on the content, but not being an expert I'll withhold comment, at least until some real experts weigh in.

I'm very much interested in what you all have to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUn05eRtwKE

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I have been watching a lot of pool and snooker on youtube, and this popped up as a suggestion.

I have several opinions on the content, but not being an expert I'll withhold comment, at least until some real experts weigh in.

Old news, been shown before.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

So, not being a table mechanic, what do you say about this assembly??

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every time I see that video I am afraid the kid isn't going to pick up that washer. Then he does and everything is all right again.

As an amateur pool table mechanic I would say: "Yes, I would gladly let them in my house"

I wonder why they used tacks instead of staples on the table cloth?
It could be just the mechanics preference.
Although I like the tacks, and the magnetic hammer.
Of course staples are best for the rails. I guess.
And I really like the device they use to space the side pockets.
steven

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The use of tacks puzzled me, too, given that they had the pneumatic stapler on site for the rails. Could be just a matter of tradition, or habit. When I was a kid my parents' had a couch reupholstered in our house, and the guy was like a machine with the magnetic tack hammer. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

I was surprised about the ironing of the cloth. Is this always done here, too?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The use of tacks puzzled me, too, given that they had the pneumatic stapler on site for the rails. Could be just a matter of tradition, or habit. When I was a kid my parents' had a couch reupholstered in our house, and the guy was like a machine with the magnetic tack hammer. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

Snooker cloth is directional and yes, ironing is a common thing over there.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

There's a reason tacks are used installing the bed cloth, I'm just waiting for one of you to guess that reason😎😈

realkingcobra

Silver Member
With snooker felts you should use tacks and not staples that could cut through the felt?

ding ding ding, we have a winner folks, you're 100% right, push tacks worg good too, but because the cloth can't be stretched very tight because it will still rip through the tacks, it's usually stretched 2 more times before being replaced, UNLESS the cloth is installed using my King Cobra Adhesive and my stretch index system, then it never has to be stretched, and has no tacks holding the cloth in place.

Last edited: