How to send a cue online to get repaired without getting scammed

34YearsOfPlayin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found a cue repair store online that looks pretty legit (I bought a shaft from them).

I have some cue repair work I need done and he is gonna do it for a very good deal. He wants me to send my cue butt and shafts to him and pay after the job is done. I don't have any proof I sent them though.

How do I make sure I am not getting scammed when doing cue repair online? And I need to send my cues to him?

Thank you!!!

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
First, Do some research on the place/person you want to send it to. Look for others that have dealt with them. Then, if you feel comfortable to deal with them, ship thru USPS priority mail and make sure it is Insured. Do a return receipt showing it was signed for, and received by them.
Dave

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where are you located? There's a good chance one of us is not too far away.
Gary

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Follow This Approach

Don’t do anything yet.

Describe exactly what you need or want done to the cue.

Since you got a price already, include that as a rounded up estimate
and this way you can compare the numbers but pay a lot more of
time and attention to reputation. Go with the best price but with the
best reputation.......no established rep, then don’t do it. Let someone
help establish that guy’s rep but you want someone with an already
sterling one like Proficent Billiards from what I’ve read and seen.

There’s lots of honest people on the Forum but always do your own
homework. Protect your investment and be prudent in your approach.
Like I wrote, Proficent Billiards seems to get big applause on the Forum
for their refinish work. But there certainly are others & lots of cue-makers.

Matt B.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
How do I make sure I am not getting scammed when doing cue repair online? And I need to send my cues to him?

Thank you!!!

You don't...But you can lessen your chances by doing enough reasearch recieving as much advice as you can from others who have been through what you're about to.

That said it's always best to send your cue back to the original maker if possible. If thats not an option, your coming here for advice is a good thing.

You'd have a better chance of getting more experiencd advice if you share the details of your cue, it's repair needed, and who you're thinking of sending your cue to.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get a timeline for the repair along with the other information that has been posted.

I found a cue repair store online that looks pretty legit (I bought a shaft from them).

I have some cue repair work I need done and he is gonna do it for a very good deal. He wants me to send my cue butt and shafts to him and pay after the job is done. I don't have any proof I sent them though.

Thank you!!!

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not much more you can do, than to talk to the repair guy and if you get a good feeling and nothing strange turns up in a google search your most likely ok.
Having said that, customers send me stuff all the time and I ask for pictures and a detailed description, so I can give a estimate, quite often that estimate turns out to be wrong, as the customer has neglected to mention a certain thing or wants more work done. The typical example is asking for a tip changed and it turn out the ferrule is broken or badly damaged, meaning that putting a $25 tip on is a waste, so I have to spend time documenting what needs to be done, the different options available and new pricing.

Last edited:

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As soon as it hits the mail there is no telling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
There's a lot of good guy out there.
Different cues and the type of repair sometimes limits the field a little.
What are you trying to do with what cues.
Maybe we can recommend someone.