Cloth puller / cloth stretcher

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all.

I’ve seen a double vise cloth puller someone was using in one of the YouTube videos but can’t seem to find it sold anywhere.

I know of someone (oversea) who made one but I’d like to see if we have a better / different design here in the States.

Thanks much.

Nhi

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think what you're asking for is a welder's clamp. Good ones from a welder equipment shop or el cheapo from Harbor Freight. I have one from HF and it did a fine job...I'm an amateur but with RKC's videos I did a good job installing Simonis 860HR on my own GC3. Mitch

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. But those are not what I’m talking about. Those are single.

Just like these:
http://www.fortywinksonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=340
https://www.muellers.com/Cloth-Puller,348.html
http://billiard-bg.com/images/photos/146_35.jpg

I’m looking for a double one.

Attached is the one my contact made. I’m planning to either have them shipped me one, or make one myself. That’s why I’m checking to see if there’s a better one around.

I preferred to have the mating grooves jaws type vs just plain jaws.

Attachments

• 0AD9E4E5-9EE3-4A34-9F15-30BFB28A3BCB.jpeg
    0AD9E4E5-9EE3-4A34-9F15-30BFB28A3BCB.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 507

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think what you're asking for is a welder's clamp. Good ones from a welder equipment shop or el cheapo from Harbor Freight. I have one from HF and it did a fine job...I'm an amateur but with RKC's videos I did a good job installing Simonis 860HR on my own GC3. Mitch

I used to use that same one from HD or Harbor Freight. It’s for bending sheet metal in HVAC applications. For pool I think it’s alright, most of the time, or with strong hand grips.

I don’t have that strong of a grip, not any more anyway - lol.

I need vise grips. :)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I used to use that same one from HD or Harbor Freight. It’s for bending sheet metal in HVAC applications. For pool I think it’s alright, most of the time, or with strong hand grips.

I don’t have that strong of a grip, not any more anyway - lol.

I need vise grips. :)

The links you posted were for canvas players. And what you're looking for has to wide of a pull to keep the cloth straight, not to mention the fact that the wider the hold on the cloth to stretch it, the more effort it takes to stretch it tight.

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one is good for carom table cloths Mr Glen? I don't do pool tables. :)

Thanks.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Which one is good for carom table cloths Mr Glen? I don't do pool tables. :)

Thanks.

I use the Stanley duckbill sheet metal players, but I can use both hands to stretch with because I don't need a free hand to staple the cloth in place with because I use my glue down system which holds stronger than staples do.

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I know you've been using glue since forever.

Someone mentioned watching your videos for gluing cloth. Are those available for public? I'd like to see how is it comparing to stapling method.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yeah I know you've been using glue since forever.

Someone mentioned watching your videos for gluing cloth. Are those available for public? I'd like to see how is it comparing to stapling method.

Starting making the videos this weekend.

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok great.

When you gonna be in the Bay Area? My project is in Los Gatos. Pls let me know. :)

Thanks again Glen.

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know. You told me about it but I just forgot the exact date.

I’ll call you later.