FYI USTREAM is on Roku

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Roku is another version of apple TV. Anyway, they have a USTREAM app and i can now watch streaming matches on my big screen!!!

Been watching AZBtv and turning stone. It is so nice on my tv instead of laptop. Should have done this long ago!

The device is as low as $49 and up to $99

Anyway, thought you streaming fans would like to know.

Kd

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Roku is another version of apple TV. Anyway, they have a USTREAM app and i can now watch streaming matches on my big screen!!!

Been watching AZBtv and turning stone. It is so nice on my tv instead of laptop. Should have done this long ago!

Kd

Great News!! I also have Roku. I love it.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member

Kd

I cannot find it. Maybe you could post instructions???

Ray

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
Ustream on Roku

Make sure to do a search for either "pool" or "billiards". You will be amazed how much there is to watch, old matches, recent matches....Lots of One Pocket !

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Also, Samsung smart tv's have ustream! Bought new tv yesterday and it's great!

Samsung has a blu ray player that says supports access to smart tv also with out buying a new tv.

My dad wants to try that! If it works good i will report back!

Anyone else have good results with other products moving from laptops to big screen tv with out all the computer cables and laptops strapped to the tv?

Kd

j13smiley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my samsungs are 2 years old... they did not have ustream before... i'll have to check now.

i currently plug my laptop into the tv and stream that way...

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Ustream on my Panasonic Viera. The video quality is sketchy and the remote control is a pian to use.

I also have an Apple TV2 (Not jail broken and not HD). I can stream ustream from my Ipod touch but the quality is also sketchy but it's easy to use.

The second best way I have to watch Ustream on my TV is to stream to the Apple TV via a program on my laptop called Air Parrot ($9.99). This program actually mirrors your computer on the TV. The video quality is great. The audio sounds muddy. It actually makes Jay Helfert sound more manly.:D

The best quality is by hooking up a HDMI cable directly to the TV.

How's the video quality on the Roku compared to direct viewing on the PC?

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have or have tried out one of the WIDI units like the Netgear Push 2TV? This would be like apple airplay but Intel based. The software is already loaded on newer laptops/PC's and the units can be bought for under $100. I think new Samsungs have the WiDi units built in.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Picture Quality is Great on Both Roku and on My Samsung Smart TV!!!

Very easy to use are BOTH!!! Once set up they put a app on the list of programs and click in!!! Thats it!!! Once in UStream search and browse like normal!!! Samsung smart TV has a "Account Manager" then set up "Link to other accounts" then put in your Ustream account info and you are off and to the races.

Hope this helped!!!

P.S. your picture quality has ALOT to do with your data speed rates on your internet provider. Standard internet is 15mbps (Mega Bytes Per Second) you need the next tier of 30mbps and the correct router!!! If you have had your router for 3 plus years then you need to have it checked and swapped for FREE from verizon fios or whoever you use maybe comcast!!! They will let you know the best combination for your NUMBER of devices and the anticipated use!!!

KD

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
KID, you are the man! I've been hooking my laptop up to my TV like a moron. I'll get the app ASAP.

Lookiing forward to hittin' some with you at the derby.

Cheers,

JL

obsespool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, Samsung smart tv's have ustream! Bought new tv yesterday and it's great!

Samsung has a blu ray player that says supports access to smart tv also with out buying a new tv.

My dad wants to try that! If it works good i will report back!

Anyone else have good results with other products moving from laptops to big screen tv with out all the computer cables and laptops strapped to the tv?

Kd

The smart tv gets ustream without the roku? You mean there is actually a "ustream" app on the smart tv with the other various internet apps?
Thanks in advance for your help clarifying this.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
You're not a moron, just cutting edge. This kind of stuff didn't exists a few years ago. With devices like Apple TV, and especially Roku with the USTREAm app, I think its a way to reach wider audience.

The Roku box would be an inexpensive way for a bar, poolhall or homeowner to retrofit their widescreens to show streaming pool.

KID, you are the man! I've been hooking my laptop up to my TV like a moron. I'll get the app ASAP.

Lookiing forward to hittin' some with you at the derby.

Cheers,

JL

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
The smart tv gets ustream without the roku? YES You mean there is actually a "ustream" app on the smart tv with the other various internet apps? YES
Thanks in advance for your help clarifying this.NO PROBLEM!!!

Answers!
Yes
Yes

No Problem!!!

PM me if you need help!

KD

Pool-Trax

Shot-by-Shot Statistics
Silver Member
Yay!

Thanks for the update. I've been waiting to buy a streaming device until one had the Ustream app - didn't know that Roku supported it. Awesome! BigTruck on the big screen!!!