Ordering a JB case

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before I dive head first into this I figured I'd ask a few questions from those who have ordered before. What's the wait time? Is it longer for a more involved design or if I order a basic will I be able to get it quicker? Wait...actually I guess Mr. Barton could just answer these for me! I've got a few more questions but since its lunchtime in china and bed time here calling isn't so much an option. For those of you that have ordered how was the experience? I've read multiple reviews but it seems that they get over run with other posts about other cases being better, which please lets not let that happen this is specifically for JB cases!

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
I got mine about 2 weeks longer than promised but John's wife was having a baby so I let that go ;)
My case turned out just as I wanted.

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah that's a solid excuse. If you would have got it on time you might have been the last one to receive a jb case because she might have killed him. If you're still in CO springs next time I'm out there well get together and play a few sets, I have family out there

Chuck521

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The time period would Depend on what kind of case your wanting if it involves a lot of tooling work then I'm sure it will take several weeks longer than your non tooled case, and I'm sure a lot of other things can determine how much time it would cost because he can do a lot of stuff with his cases. But rest assured the price of his cases are justifiable and some thing to be proud of plus something no one else can offer peace of mind that your cues are getting the best protection possible. So i would pull the trigger If I was in your shoes.

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The time period would Depend on what kind of case your wanting if it involves a lot of tooling work then I'm sure it will take several weeks longer than your non tooled case, and I'm sure a lot of other things can determine how much time it would cost because he can do a lot of stuff with his cases. But rest assured the price of his cases are justifiable and some thing to be proud of plus something no one else can offer peace of mind that your cues are getting the best protection possible. So i would pull the trigger If I was in your shoes.

I'm just about to put the deposit it down on a pfd studios custom titlist and I wouldn't be able to sleep if I know it didn't have the best protection. I even baby my pechauer and it was only 650$ when it came out

ronscuba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think John recently hired someone to specifically handle the ordering and scheduling the case build process. Maybe someone who recently placed an order can chime in.

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone, i sent an email. I just want to get an idea of how long the wait is so i can get the order in asap because id like to have the case before the cue and the cue is 3-6 months. i also kinda want a quote or an idea of how much $ were talking about. not that i dont think its worth it but i just want an idea so i can split my deposits between pfd and jb. from what ive seen on the website the style i want can be customized nicely without getting to expensive and i dont even want to get too flashy.

Pride Hunter

Registered
Case

I ordered one 3 weeks ago and was told it would be 9 weeks. I ordered a 3X4 "Ebony" case with a flip back lid and magnetic puzzle latch. Similar to this pic.

Attachments

• ebony-a-front.jpg
    ebony-a-front.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,441
  • ebony-b-back.jpg
    ebony-b-back.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,403

Fastrs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a custom Rugged case about 10 days ago. It took a little over a week of e-mailing on exactly what I wanted and when we finalized the design, I was quoted 4 weeks to build. The shipping time should be 5 working days.

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well my case is over 3 months overdue... I won't speak of quality because that's not my right as I get to judge when I see it. As to promised delivery date, I can only complain that's it far overdue. If all is as planned, it should be done this week. Crossing my fingers...

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Yeah that's a solid excuse. If you would have got it on time you might have been the last one to receive a jb case because she might have killed him. If you're still in CO springs next time I'm out there well get together and play a few sets, I have family out there

I'll be here forever unless something tragic happens. Send me a message when you get closer.:thumbup:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Before I dive head first into this I figured I'd ask a few questions from those who have ordered before. What's the wait time? Is it longer for a more involved design or if I order a basic will I be able to get it quicker? Wait...actually I guess Mr. Barton could just answer these for me! I've got a few more questions but since its lunchtime in china and bed time here calling isn't so much an option. For those of you that have ordered how was the experience? I've read multiple reviews but it seems that they get over run with other posts about other cases being better, which please lets not let that happen this is specifically for JB cases!

We are trying to get to 14 weeks tops.

For a basic case like this one about 9 weeks.

tloiltan3x6-a-front.jpg

For a little more involved on like this one about 10 weeks

allpaul2-a-f.jpg

For something like this 11 weeks

the-anito-kid-a-front.jpg

And for something like this about 12-14 weeks.

palacegarden-a-front.jpg

Of course if we are doing something completely new then we might go long on it for a variety of reasons but hopefully between Marcel and Karen they can keep you informed of the progress. Don't rely on me, I am only good for typing out manifestos on AZB and occasionally figuring out how to do something on a case.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well my case is over 3 months overdue... I won't speak of quality because that's not my right as I get to judge when I see it. As to promised delivery date, I can only complain that's it far overdue. If all is as planned, it should be done this week. Crossing my fingers...

Yeah, your case my friend is a bit of a headache for me right at the moment. I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew with my current staff. I have drawn it out but finding the time to work it out in real life is proving to be a problem.

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, your case my friend is a bit of a headache for me right at the moment. I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew with my current staff. I have drawn it out but finding the time to work it out in real life is proving to be a problem.

Marcel told me 2 weeks back the hatch to close it was a bit hard to do, but it would be finished within 2-3 weeks. He confirmed 2 days ago it hasn't and he needs more time without any promise it will be done like in a week or so. Now you say to work it out in real life is a problem. Am I supposed to derrive that it hasn't even been picked up upon yet?
I'm not a troublesome person in general, but c'mon John, there's no excuse to be overdue since February.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Marcel told me 2 weeks back the hatch to close it was a bit hard to do, but it would be finished within 2-3 weeks. He confirmed 2 days ago it hasn't and he needs more time without any promise it will be done like in a week or so. Now you say to work it out in real life is a problem. Am I supposed to derrive that it hasn't even been picked up upon yet?
I'm not a troublesome person in general, but c'mon John, there's no excuse to be overdue since February.

If there was no excuse then it would be done. I think what I can do at this point is simply refund the money and then when we get it done if you want it then you can buy and if not we can sell it to someone else.

I will honor the price I quoted to you if you want it when it's done but otherwise I will need to charge more for this case.

Refund on the way. Sorry to have dropped the ball on this one Jens, I really should have refused the order considering our state since January. My apologies.

Edit: Refund sent, sorry we just aren't staffed to handle your custom order at this time.

Last edited:

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there was no excuse then it would be done. I think what I can do at this point is simply refund the money and then when we get it done if you want it then you can buy and if not we can sell it to someone else.

I will honor the price I quoted to you if you want it when it's done but otherwise I will need to charge more for this case.

Refund on the way. Sorry to have dropped the ball on this one Jens, I really should have refused the order considering our state since January. My apologies.

Edit: Refund sent, sorry we just aren't staffed to handle your custom order at this time.

Even the refund's not in full, as I sent 2 payments.

25 Jan 2013 Payment To
JB Cases

Completed
Details Payment To JB Cases 3M6112340M4485048 -$120,00 USD
Select record 11 25 Jan 2013 Transfer From
Bank Account

Completed
Details Payment To JB Cases 2V3122473K952653H -$230,00 USD

You charged over 230 USD for the case. It was 350 USD you charged me. Fine just send me my remainder of my refund. I'm really also having my share of headache over this. I mean, if you told me in January it was too hard, I could have politely taken my business elsewhere. I can too now, but the fastest for me to get it, is another several months waiting time. Thanks alot. Result being it will take close to year a get an effin custom case!
This undeniably without again judging your quality (I wouldn't have come to you if I didn't believe in your skill) the worst case building experience or dealing I have had with anyone. I mean, you can't make it, don't have the time, just say so but don't let a customer send a dozen mails to then... be told... it's a headache to do and can't be done atm with the current staff...

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Even the refund's not in full, as I sent 2 payments.

25 Jan 2013 Payment To
JB Cases

Completed
Details Payment To JB Cases 3M6112340M4485048 -$120,00 USD
Select record 11 25 Jan 2013 Transfer From
Bank Account

Completed
Details Payment To JB Cases 2V3122473K952653H -$230,00 USD

You charged over 230 USD for the case. It was 350 USD you charged me. Fine just send me my remainder of my refund. I'm really also having my share of headache over this. I mean, if you told me in January it was too hard, I could have politely taken my business elsewhere. I can too now, but the fastest for me to get, is another several month waiting time. Thanks alot. Result being it will take close to year a get an effin custom case!
This undeniably without again judging your quality (I wouldn't have come to you if I didn't believe in your skill) the worst case building experience or dealing I have had with anyone. I mean, you can't make it, don't have the time, just say so but let a customer send a dozen mails to then... be told... it's a headache to do and can't be done atm with the current staff...

Hey no problem. I will send the rest in a few minutes. You are more than welcome to take the business to any other case maker and if they will do the case for $350 including the shipping to Belgium then great.

I didn't say it would be another few months I said I would give you the money back and then when the case is done you can decide if you want it or not.

Marcel just told me that he intends to start the case tomorrow. So it will get done and I will email you the progress pix. If you want it then we can finish the deal and if not then that's ok too.

Again I am very sorry that I didn't just say no at the beginning. In January we certainly did have the staff to do it but we were a little bit distracted that month with pregnancy issues, then my daughter caught appendicitis and was rushed to emergency surgery, and then the person I had to do your case left and then SBE, and after that just plenty of regular orders. So again, sorry that neither I nor anyone on my staff had time to design and make the case you want. I do hate like hell to turn away orders even when I should.

It's not even that your case is that hard, it just requires about a whole day of pattern making to make the new patterns required. I simply don't have a person to give that day to at the moment.

As for it being a bad experience let me remind you that you came to me because you want a truly custom case. We are just about the only case makers I know of who would be willing to do this case and who would be willing to do it for the low price I quoted you.

I promised you that the wait would be worth it and on that I have to my knowledge not failed to deliver yet. I certainly do NOT want to make people wait and I have some folks that have been waiting far longer than you and I am fully intending to reward their patience with far more case than they paid for. So feel free to chastise me further if it makes you feel better. I accept full responsibility for not handling your order properly and overestimating my ability to build the case you want at the time you ordered.

The rest of the money is on the way shortly. - Money Sent -

Also to REMIND everyone else, if you place an order NOW and we don't ship to you by the date we quote you the the case is free to you. This policy has been in effect since May1st.

I do not think we have missed any yet since then.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
TO REPEAT:

If you order a case now and we DO NOT ship it by the time we quoted you the the case is FREE to you except for shipping, we still have to charge for that.

So if I quote you 9 weeks and we deliver in 10 you get a full refund. We don't intend to have to pay off on this ever but that is my guarantee to all of you who are thinking about ordering a JB Case. We now have our system pretty well in place for most anything other than really far out requests. And if we decide to take on the far-out requests then we will plan accordingly and the guarantee still applies.

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, John. I confirm I have my refund. This thread was about the waiting time on a JB case. I showed an example where it can be very late. If you changed your policy on delivery, that's great business for you. Even though, when I'm behind on a workload, I try to finish off my workload before taking new orders including the "others" that are waiting longer than me. But hey, it's not my company, you run things how you can keep your company fit, no hard feelings.
If you can have Marcel the case made in a reasonable time, I will pay for it, no problem. Everyone on AZB can know I agree to this. But respect that I do need a case to put away my 3000 dollar set (sure there are people that spend way more), so if you can't/won't provide it in reasonable time, let me know. If you can, I'd still be happy to own a JB case.
This where drama ends, we've come to understanding. Good luck