Helmstetter 86-14

orion21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this is the model I played with in College - my first real cue. Sold it in '98 and put a downpayment on a custom cue - which was never delivered.

6 months or so ago I put a search on eBay and one finally turned up. The butt was beat to hell.

Once again Mike Gulyassy came through with an amazing job, even re-installing the signature (came off during the re finish) thanks to some forumers who sent me high res pics of signatures off their Helmstetters.

The other reason this cue is sentimental is that my uncle had an 86-15. he was a great player on Long Island and taught me a ton.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

orion21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know how I can post higher res images? Not sure how everyone else pulls that off :(

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played with one of those for a very long time. I found a cue that would fit really well into my collection and in order to finance the deal I sold it. it was possibly my favorite player of all time, but opportunity was knocking. I had asked many many questions about the cue I was hoping to acquire. first of course was.....is it straight. answer yes. so i was over joyed when the package came and indeed it was the right make model and WARPED AS HELL!!!! this from a very well known collector here of all things. after a mildly heated discussion the cue went back and has since been sold again... I got my money back but to this day I sure do miss that cue.
Because of that experience I almost hate to look at one. Oh well......

VERY LOVELY CUE!

Roscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in my 70;s and played with Helmstetters all my life. I have four:
2 87-14's one has two shafts, 1 87-4 with two shafts and 1 98-6 with two shafts.
Great cues
Roscoe

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I’ve never played with a Helmstetter, but I have my eye one one at the moment. Hmmmmm.... :blush:

I'm in my 70;s and played with Helmstetters all my life. I have four:
2 87-14's one has two shafts, 1 87-4 with two shafts and 1 98-6 with two shafts.
Great cues
Roscoe

The 87 series were very unique, because they did not come with a stainless steel joint collar, and they came with a flat faced 5/16x18 joint pin.

The joint collar that they came with is some sort of white plastic material.

Anyways, they are by far the nicest hitting Adam / Helmstetter cues that I have ever hit with, based on my experiences with several that I had.

Makes me sad thinking about them, because I wish I could have held onto them forever.

They so rarely come up for sale too, so it is hard to find one, for anyone who is looking.

The 87 series are my favorite playing cues ever, and they sure are beautiful.