The draw cue arrived

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
is Mike Massey or at least someone with a stroke

POOL IS NOT DEAD.

Come to Griffs,bring your cue and enjoy life at full throttle

Mike Massey's finger can draw the ball as well as yours. That's one guy that's got a stroke and him testing the cue would not be indicative of any special properties of the cue.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
This is a longer run up to the offering of a special edition run of cues than we are used to. Can we just jump ahead to the classified ad?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
In it's day, a Balabushka could follow and could draw Whitey, Much better than most any cue, on that thick rag cloth. In 14.1 that cue gave the shooter an edge for sure. My runs always ended in the low 100's....because the game was usually over when that happened. Rack em up, play again.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What what

Mark Griffin.and Don Owen came by and neither one of us could draw the ball.

I am embarrassed to say that the draw stick is not performing anywhere near what I remember

I did draw better than with other cues ,but just a little better

I deserve a few bronx cheers

Draws a little better, that's it ? I said WAIT let me try it before you post on AZ didn't I?
If it didn't work like we remembered we could blame it on Mr. Glen for using up all
the draw or switching it for another cue or damaged in the mail,but no you couldn't
stand it, The next thing I know you will tell everyone that I never was tall. Since
it is your Birthday tomorrow I was planning on borrowing something real nice
from you, but now I'm having second thoughts.
jack

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Griffin.and Don Owen came by and neither one of us could draw the ball.

I am embarrassed to say that the draw stick is not performing anywhere near what I remember

I did draw better than with other cues ,but just a little better

I deserve a few bronx cheers

Draws a little better, that's it ? I said WAIT let me try it before you post on AZ didn't I?
If it didn't work like we remembered we could blame it on Mr. Glen for using up all
the draw or switching it for another cue or damaged in the mail,but no you couldn't
stand it, The next thing I know you will tell everyone that I never was tall. Since
it is your Birthday tomorrow I was planning on borrowing something real nice
from you, but now I'm having second thoughts.
jack

On a much lighter note, perhaps you could build a line of "draw" cues for those of us who used to have a stroke.

Maybe a spring in the center where we could really move whitey!

BIG LOL and good luck with your real job-reintroducing folks to the type cues you built in the past.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had one pool cue and one snooker cue that I could draw a lot farther than all the
other cues I’ve owned.
This is empirical knowledge...can’t tell you why.

I’ve also had cues that lay on their backs with all four paws in the air when a power draw
shot was attempted.

Yes sir Mr. Jewett. My answer to draw is like Rory Mcilroy's answer to "how far can you drive the ball?" "As far as I need to."

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Yes sir Mr. Jewett. My answer to draw is like Rory Mcilroy's answer to "how far can you drive the ball?" "As far as I need to."

I am not too hep on many things....but I’m pretty sure you aren’t ‘balls’.
:grin:

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still think to end the controversy on the cue... you need to let someone like
Dr-Dave-Billiards test the cue or someone like him... & it needs to go thru a
bunch of tests ON VIDEO to prove if it draws better then a normal cue...

Just my humble opinion... :)
By the way --- Happy Birthday Dean!!!

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...you need to let someone like Dr-Dave-Billiards test the cue...
That would be ideal, but maybe logistically improbable.

Meanwhile, there are simple ways to test the amount of draw a cue is capable of. One is the old spot shot draw challenge:

- with CB in hand, shoot an OB off the spot to hit the far end rail dead center and rebound straight back

- hit the CB with maximum draw (confirm by using a striped "CB" and checking chalk marks)

- hit at the right speed to just get the CB back to the near end rail (~2' of draw)

The cue's "draw score" is the distance the OB stops short of rebounding all the way to the near end rail (less OB travel = higher score), while still drawing the CB all the way back to the near end rail.

Here's the "ideal" result I could get in Virtual Pool - the OB stopped short of mid table after rebounding off the far end rail (draw score: 50+ inches). When I tried this in the past I think the best I did was stop the OB short of the spot (draw score: 25+ inches).

pj
chgo

P.S. You can do this test without the trouble of using a striped "CB" and confirming chalk marks each shot, but then there's no telling how much of the result is due to stroke accuracy vs. stick performance.

draw1.jpg
draw2.jpg

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm hep on a lot of things, and I have no idea what that means.

AZ member ‘balls’.....has a theory that I am an alternate AZ account of Bob Jewett.

I’m a high school drop out...I’m pretty sure Bob has DR status with Berkeley.
...he’s forgot more than I know about anything.

I’m pretty sure that ‘balls’ thinks he’s a good salesman and promoter.....
...but he managed to alienate a lot of AZers.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
two quality posters!

AZ member ‘balls’.....has a theory that I am an alternate AZ account of Bob Jewett.

Two quality posters. Neither of you suffer in the comparison.

Like my old friend Terry Ardeno, you have a Phd too, a Pool Hall Degree!

Hu

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Either time has changed the cue
or my memory has changed what it did

i am now backing off my previous claims

perhaps the 25 year old tip has hardened

i give up

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah he's crazy, as such, he is just a cog in my wheel of AZ entertainment.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Either time has changed the cue
or my memory has changed what it did

i am now backing off my previous claims

perhaps the 25 year old tip has hardened

i give up

So it no longer draws the rock 6.5 long rails? bummer...….

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be ideal, but maybe logistically improbable.

Meanwhile, there are simple ways to test the amount of draw a cue is capable of. One is the old spot shot draw challenge:

- with CB in hand, shoot an OB off the spot to hit the far end rail dead center and rebound straight back

- hit the CB with maximum draw (confirm by using a striped "CB" and checking chalk marks)

- hit at the right speed to just get the CB back to the near end rail (~2' of draw)

The cue's "draw score" is the distance the OB stops short of rebounding all the way to the near end rail (less OB travel = higher score), while still drawing the CB all the way back to the near end rail.

Here's the "ideal" result I could get in Virtual Pool - the OB stopped short of mid table after rebounding off the far end rail (draw score: 50+ inches). When I tried this in the past I think the best I did was stop the OB short of the spot (draw score: 25+ inches).

pj
chgo

P.S. You can do this test without the trouble of using a striped "CB" and confirming chalk marks each shot, but then there's no telling how much of the result is due to stroke accuracy vs. stick performance.

View attachment 532027
View attachment 532028

PJ you should know a ball with less draw may rebound further then one with more draw.

Whats with the virtual stuff you dont get off the couch anymore:grin-square:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott tried the draw cue

he hit an object ball near the side pocket,the cue ball drew maybe 4 inches and proceed to look
like wykie coyote,spinning very fast in place on the new simona cloth

suddenly it took off back up table and back off the foot fail to the head rail

he did this 3 times

I personally have never seen such a thing

so Jack Potter is going to test the cue before i return it

if a good player comes to Dallas
please call
214 477 7323

no offense but i only want a high quality player to try it