Andy Gilbert Experience

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't shot with his playing cues but have heard great things about them over the years. I do have one of his J/B cues and everything about it is awesome. Solid hit with great feedback, balance, finish, etc. I don't think you can go wrong with one.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the finest cuemakers on the planet. Also happens to be a helluva nice, down-to-earth guy as well. Used to see him a lot when he lived in Mo. prior to moving to Fla. His stuff is expensive but when you see one up close and play with it you'll know why. Buy without hesitation. One thing: his standard shaft taper grows fairly quick and plays kinda stiff. If you want an extended pro taper you need to let him know. I had him re-taper a shaft on a cue i traded for and it came out fine. It was just too stiff compared to what i was used to.

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Has anyone had experience with Andy Gilbert cues? Any feedback?
Thanks!

You can do some searches here on az....
ONLY VERY GOOD, EXCELLENT POISITVE FEEDBACK FOR ANDY & VICKIE and Their cues-
Andy builds a great , solid playing cue-
"doesn't matter-
a plain jane merry widow or a fancy inlaid-
TOP TIER CUE MAKER
tAKE A LOOK AT jj cues & cases-
tHEY HAVE A NICE SELECTION RIGHT NOW :smile:

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks! Are his J/B cues an earlier model?

I don't recall the exact year of mine, but may be a 2008 I believe. I bought it used a decade ago and it came with a skinny shaft closer to 11mm. I called Andy and he made me one without ever sending my cue to him. When I got it, the rings matched, lined up,and it fit to the butt. It came with his standard hard leather buffalo tip and breaks and jumps great, but I switched it out to an Outsville Hammerhaed and it breaks harder and jumps a little easier.

As Duane mentioned, go to JJ Cues website. They sell new Gilbert J/Bs, for a really good price.