A very clean 147 at snooker

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
I especially liked the exceptionally controlled half-ball carom to separate the one red from the pink, and the exceptional positional shot from a thin black to the yellow with the bridge.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Wilson is the best bridge (rest) player on the professional circuit. It’s not uncommon for him to go through entire tournaments without missing.

On an unrelated note: It struck me as quite a coincidence that four of the quarter-finalists of a recent event shared their surnames with American presidents. Kyren Wilson, Tom Ford, Judd Trump and Alistair Carter.

MitchDAZB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know how tall Kyren Wilson is? Among the top players, it looks like he's maybe the tallest -- interesting implications for his stance.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Hard to find a cleaner 147 than ronnies 5 minute one. He did it in five minutes. 5.
But yeah, 147s are always a pleasure to watch

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anybody know how tall Kyren Wilson is? Among the top players, it looks like he's maybe the tallest -- interesting implications for his stance.
He is one of very few snooker players with a bent back leg. Couldn't find anything on height.

Career winnings are $1.5 million.

Coached by Barry Stark.

I think he is the current World Games snooker champion.

Last edited:

MitchDAZB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kyren is about 6’ 1”.
Great. Thank you.

I've been watching a lot of Kyren on youtube lately to focus on how a taller player addresses the ball. Barry also mentions KW does yoga to keep his shoulders flexible.

Great player -- and as you mentioned, excellent with the "rest"!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
You’re welcome, sir. :)

I like Kyren Wilson. He’s extremely dedicated and deserves every success.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

neil robertson and mark williams comes to mind, they are probably taller. both have traditional stance.

kyren has a funky psr as well as a funky stance. kind of walks into the shot with a little jump

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
neil robertson and mark williams comes to mind, they are probably taller. both have traditional stance.

kyren has a funky psr as well as a funky stance. kind of walks into the shot with a little jump

Ricky Walden seemed tall at the table, he's maybe the tallest snooker pro.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I think the tallest snooker players are Robin Hull and David Grace. I’m not sure if they’re still on tour to be honest but both were at last year’s shootout.

Grace must be at least 6’ 6” maybe more.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I love that video, he's so good it's just ridiculous

I like the compilation video of all his 147’s. I’ve shown that to a couple people (pool fans) when they say snooker is boring. Of course they’ve just never really watched it lol. Every game isn’t a 147 but once you see a sick run like that you just want to watch more.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really cool closeups to see how he used sidespin to get the cue ball back to the black ball off of angles that didn't look super promising.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool link Mr Jewett. There were several more maximums on the page which started me wondering why these guys even go up table.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Cool link Mr Jewett. There were several more maximums on the page which started me wondering why these guys even go up table.

Sometimes these awesome and simple looking shots just don’t work out. Caroms and such. Sometimes reds end up up table.

I love how snooker is set up. The two high point balls above and below the stack to encourage you to stick in that area and be precise

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I like the compilation video of all his 147’s. I’ve shown that to a couple people (pool fans) when they say snooker is boring. Of course they’ve just never really watched it lol. Every game isn’t a 147 but once you see a sick run like that you just want to watch more.

The video of Gary Wilson escaping snookers for an hour while playing Luca Brecel in a deciding frame in the World Championship. WOW, that's exciting to see the talent