Rich R - RIP to a Veteran Member

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
In case it wasn't put out there, our dear friend Rich R. has passed.

I've known Rich and his wife for what seems like forever. He and Cathy were front row regulars at the US Open 9-ball Championships and yearly attendees to the annual CCBoard dinner. They were also yearly attendees at the Super Billiard Expo. Barry often would give a verbal kudos to the CCBers that attended, especially those who year after year bought the front row VIP seats.

For those that didn't know him, Rich R. was a member at AZBilliards since 2003 at least, and that may have been only because of the early revamps of this site. He was probably an earlier member. Rich also was one of the early "big lens" photographers that you might have seen at those events, prior to Justin, Steve, JR, and Ricky.

He also loved cues, which may have been as much an itch that was strengthened by his attending the SBE as well as hanging out with like minded cue enthusiasts. I believe he shot with a Bender.

So, to Rich Rhoads, shoot 'em straight my friend. Cathy if you're reading this, all my love to you.

Regards,

Freddie Agnir

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
My deepest condolences to his family. He was one of the "good guys" and will be missed.

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Wow very sorry to hear of his passing, knew him well. Played APA 8 Ball and APA Masters with him real ambassador to the sport. My condolences to the Family.

Black Cat :(

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member

I've known Rich and his wife for what seems like forever. He and Cathy were front row regulars at the US Open 9-ball Championships and yearly attendees to the annual CCBoard dinner. They were also yearly attendees at the Super Billiard Expo. Barry often would give a verbal kudos to the CCBers that attended, especially those who year after year bought the front row VIP seats.

For those that didn't know him, Rich R. was a member at AZBilliards since 2003 at least, and that may have been only because of the early revamps of this site. He was probably an earlier member. Rich also was one of the early "big lens" photographers that you might have seen at those events, prior to Justin, Steve, JR, and Ricky.

He also loved cues, which may have been as much an itch that was strengthened by his attending the SBE as well as hanging out with like minded cue enthusiasts. I believe he shot with a Bender.

So, to Rich Rhoads, shoot 'em straight my friend. Cathy if you're reading this, all my love to you.

Regards,

Freddie Agnir

sad news, i met rich at my 1st & only sbe
great guy to chat with

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Regards,

Freddie Agnir

This is shocking. Rich and his lovely wife Cathy always greeted me with good cheer and kindness at every single tournament I attended. I used to sit on the rail and chat with them. They live nearby, and we used to frequent the same tournaments quite often.

Rich loved taking photogrsphs of the players while they were shooting, and he was very good at it. He also was a veteran member of the Billiards Digest pool forum and attended the annual events at the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship. He loved being with his pool peeps.

Just recently, I was thinking about Rich, wondering why I had not seen him posting in recent times. He would usually pop in every now and then on AzBilliards after a big tournament.

My heart goes out to Cathy and Rich's family and loved ones. He was certainly one of the good guys in my pool world. RIP, Rich.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh wow. I am truly saddened by the news of Rich's passing. I will echo what those before me have shared: he was a good man who share an intense lov for our game.

Like jam, I became friendly with Rich in the mid Atlantic tourney scene. He usually had his camera and he took the time to share still he had snapped with me pretty regularly.

The pool world has lost a great supporter and I can't think of another man who could fill Rich's role.

All our best, Cathy. Like you, we very much enjoyed our time with him and he shall be missed dearly.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Very sad to hear of Rich's passing. My sincere condolences to all his family and friends. :(

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad

It is always sad to hear about another AZ member passing. My condolences to his family.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Very sad news. He was an enthusiastic supporter of mid-Atlantic events. No matter how small the tournament, he was there in the front row as a spectator, usually with his camera, taking great photos. He was always a gentleman and will be missed!

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP in Rich. You were definitely one of the good guys.
Cathy, please accept my sincere condolences.
I'll miss seeing Rich at the SBE every year.

Regards,
Koop

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Rich. You always had a kind word for people and loved this game. You supported it with your attendance at all those events and tool some of the best pictures I've ever seen. They showed the souls and minds of the players, not just their stroke.

Lots of love to Cathy.

Save me a spot at the rail!

Brian in VA

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
I met RichR at the Maryland straight pool tourney several years ago. Unbeknownst to me he took a large number of photos of me and my friend, and later sent them to me. Excellent work and I was very appreciative.

Great guy in my book, he will be missed.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Rich was a great guy. It was honor to be a friend of his and Cathy. He will be missed. It's going to be weird watching Accustats US Open DVDs without seeing him sitting in the corner.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Rich, my friend, you'll be sorely missed. Our annual US Open and Super Billiards get togethers won't be the same. You were also a good friend to "Pool" and I'm sure many tournaments in teh Northeast to Mid Atlantic will miss your presence.

For those that didn't know him, Rich R. was a member at AZBilliards since 2003 at least

Freddie Agnir

Fred, as you know, you and I, along with Rich were posting on AZB when there might have been only 15-20 regular posters. In the late 90's, AZB wasn't even the most popular board. I mentioned "board" because thats all the forums were, back then- simple BBS boards. But, thats a conversation for another day.

Eric

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Regards,

Freddie Agnir

RIP Rich,my deepest condolencies to the family...
I had the pleasure to meet Rich at CCB and he was always first to reply to my "hi people" posts and always found some nice words to encourage me in my pool career.
You will be missed :(

Sent from my MB632 using Tapatalk 2

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
My sincerest condolences to Cathy, the rest of Rich's family and all of his many friends. He will be missed.

JoeyA