Another way to get the LD

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Worth it?

Initially I would guess that the price is a little more because it is a solid shaft that is low deflection, rather than a laminated shaft. Also, the price is the price, the market will determine if it is worth $250, I know if I still was using a McDaniel cue I would purchase one to give it a spin.

Good luck with the new shafts, Tommy and gang.

-don

You don't have to justify to one person if it's worth it! The point being the research and costs can raise the price of anything. Forget the supply and demand aspect. Good luck, I think if they are the nuts you should charge more! Way more, if they are unique and play better.
BEST of LUCK and much success

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
252   2   0
You don't have to justify to one person if it's worth it! The point being the research and costs can raise the price of anything. Forget the supply and demand aspect. Good luck, I think if they are the nuts you should charge more! Way more, if they are unique and play better.
BEST of LUCK and much success

Thanks Don and Bill, I value both of your friendships.

fatsix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've had this shaft for a couple of weeks now and use it daily. This is my honest opinion and am not bashing any other shafts. It's just what works for me and why.

Taper: I like the long taper, I'm tall and probably should use a longer cue, but this taper negates some of that. It produces a nice stiff hit, while being able to get a long stroke smooth stroke. I ordered this shaft with the "Varner" taper.

Hit: The hit is nice and solid with good feedback. It makes a nice *thwack* sound when you put a little pep on the cue ball. I couldn't stand the sound of hitting a rotten orange with the ob shafts. The predator ping is just annoying.

Tip: The tip is good for this shaft, it allows excellent feedback and grip. No distortion and holds chalk well. Dickle shape FTW.

Deflection: This is what I really like. I can now consistently make long inside out cut shots with inside english. There is very minimal throw exerted upon the cue ball. The ob shafts tend to flex out of the way too much with this shot, causing me to miscue sometimes and stock shafts you have to compensate a lot for throw, leaving the cue ball in poor position.

The ob shaft is good, don't get me wrong. OB was my first upgrade over stock. Royce has done well by me several times and I still own a few OB shafts. The ferrule-less shaft is just on another level. The only negative is that there is no ferrule to protect against chalk, but that is the nature of the beast. I would highly consider a cash cue with this shaft for my next cue.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
252   2   0
I've had this shaft for a couple of weeks now and use it daily. This is my honest opinion and am not bashing any other shafts. It's just what works for me and why.

Taper: I like the long taper, I'm tall and probably should use a longer cue, but this taper negates some of that. It produces a nice stiff hit, while being able to get a long stroke smooth stroke. I ordered this shaft with the "Varner" taper.

Hit: The hit is nice and solid with good feedback. It makes a nice *thwack* sound when you put a little pep on the cue ball. I couldn't stand the sound of hitting a rotten orange with the ob shafts. The predator ping is just annoying.

Tip: The tip is good for this shaft, it allows excellent feedback and grip. No distortion and holds chalk well. Dickle shape FTW.

Deflection: This is what I really like. I can now consistently make long inside out cut shots with inside english. There is very minimal throw exerted upon the cue ball. The ob shafts tend to flex out of the way too much with this shot, causing me to miscue sometimes and stock shafts you have to compensate a lot for throw, leaving the cue ball in poor position.

The ob shaft is good, don't get me wrong. OB was my first upgrade over stock. Royce has done well by me several times and I still own a few OB shafts. The ferrule-less shaft is just on another level. The only negative is that there is no ferrule to protect against chalk, but that is the nature of the beast. I would highly consider a cash cue with this shaft for my next cue.

Thanks for a honest review, glad you are pleased with the performance.

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
It was designed and produced in USA ... as an OPTION or kind a UPGRADE for Cues out of the $Cue/Worldclass-SHOP ...... they dont produce them a 1000 pieces like TIGER/Predater/OB1 and so on .... so if you don't like the price you dont have to buy it ....... it's that simple isnt it ? ;)

WOW!

Shafts look interesting... Good luck.

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
nicest shaft I played with, deflection is much less then 314-2, z, or OB-1, and of coarse other shaft. Super nice hit and feel, never playing with other shaft again.