Chalk Box?

Digital1

Anyone know where I can find a "Chalk Box" wall mounted chalk vendor? I'm all googled out.

Also, anyone know a good source for wire baskets for under the tables?

Digital1

Anyone know where I can find a "Chalk Box" wall mounted chalk vendor? I'm all googled out.

Also, anyone know a good source for wire baskets for under the tables?

Ok...let's try again!

I own a pool room in Valdosta GA called Shots Billiards. I have seen a "master" chalk vending machine in a few different rooms, but I can't find any information about who has them for sale, etc. I am looking for information about those chalk vending machines and where I can find one.

I am also looking for wire baskets for customers to keep cases, jackets, pocket books, etc in that roll under the table while you are playing. Is no-one using these? I've seen them at Steinways on TV...

I didn't post this in WTB because I figured only other room owners would have the answers...

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im thinking that you could use one of those gumball machines that has the plastic containers (toy capsules).
It might be tough to sell chalk to your playing customers in a pool room.......it,ll be more likely they expect that they get chalk with the balls.:grin:

You can find Storage bins at most home stores........walmart....exc.
Some are plastic bins....some are wire .....low profile.....try those outlets first.

Good luck..

Digital1

Lol! Of course we give out chalk with the balls but I am tired of seeing my master chalk on every bar table in town. The gum ball machine is a great idea! Looking for that particular vendor though because it also vends the powder bags. As for the under table boxes, I did look at lowes and HD. The plastic just didn't look right under the Diamond Pro Ams!
Thanks for the reply though!! I thought I was talking to myself for a while!

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol....im just bustin stones....i know (hope:p) that you would give out chalk with the tray.
Another idea is,,,,,get labels for the chalk (ive seen this)....with your business name on there....so you get some advertisement when it winds up in another part of the county..

As far as the bins...they might be (spray) paintable if you cant find something suitable color wise.

I found the vending machines online running about 100$ for the dispenser.....another 50$ for the stand (optional) and 50$ for 1000 plastic capsules....+shipping.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charge a $1 refundable deposit with each new cube of chalk that goes with the rented rack of balls?

Rent table for 5 hours...keep the chalk?

Or something along these lines that fits the economics of your hourly rates..?

Agreed...chalk walks.;)

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Chalk box

I have one that I bought out of a closed room. It has 2 coin mechs and vends chalk in one spot, and hand talc in the other. You can have it for $75 plus whatever the shipping is if you want. It's pretty good sized, so it could be quite a bit. I've never used it, although I know they did. I grabbed it at the auction because I figured just the 2 coin mechs were worth $60+. Let me know if you want to see some pics. Dave