Send Team USA to White House!`

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right now is the perfect time to get some good press for pool and the Mosconi Cup and Team USA. Ask your U.S. Senators to ask the White House to invite them in and thank them for making Pool Great Again in America!

Heck ya, go Team USA! Color me as a Patriot!

If you want someone that has President Trump's ear, you should contact Senator Lindsey Graham to advocate for the Mosconi team visit to the WH. Lindsey speaks with the president all the time.

Lindsey Graham's family owned a pool room when he was young, and he ran that room for a while. His family owned other businesses also, leaving the pool room to Lindsey to run.

Washington D.C. Office

290 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Office: (202) 224-5972
Fax: (202) 224-3808

Attachments

• lindsey-graham-book-girlfriends.jpg
    lindsey-graham-book-girlfriends.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 248

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Do you think every president who ever had any winning team to the whitehouse actually supported that team or that sport? Thats not the point. The point is to spotlight the winning team on a national level, especially if they have won an international event. It's part of the job.

So tired of politics. That has ZERO to do with what were trying to do here.

You missed the point of that post entirely

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want someone that has President Trump's ear, you should contact Senator Lindsey Graham to advocate for the Mosconi team visit to the WH. Lindsey speaks with the president all the time.

Lindsey Graham's family owned a pool room when he was young, and he ran that room for a while. His family owned other businesses also, leaving the pool room to Lindsey to run.

Washington D.C. Office

290 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Office: (202) 224-5972
Fax: (202) 224-3808

Great thread and great idea.

Yes, Graham is a bit of a pool player and I remember in an interview, he said he grew up above a pool hall so he was always there.
Another pool player in the administration is Dr. Ben Carson who is heading up HUD at the moment. If we could contact him as well, and enlist his support, that might be a good influence.

So Monday, I’ll do my part and write the White House (thanks JAM for the link), call Graham’s office, and Dr. Carson’s office as well.

Cmon all you pool media folks, Mike Panozzo especially...throw some weight behind this.
Team USA in the Oval Office, with the President... would sure make a nice Billiards Digest cover, wouldn’t it?

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I did serve. You must be thinking about CadetBoneSpurs. Tell him to respect the office he holds, and to stop talking trash.

Well, if nothing else POTUS would already have a cool nickname- “Bonespurs”

From looking at social media and watching them publicly, I would think there’s a good chance
that a couple might decline, but I find that most pool players lean right, at least those that
give a crap one way or the other. However, pool and pools reputation in this country are
still looked at in a sort of greasy, scummy light, it’s just the stereotype, but stuff like that
is just what this POTUS seems to love, bucking the trend, doing un-PC things. I would
think it’s maybe it’s something he would get behind but his handlers would not. It could
be looked at unfavorably and the pool community just is not a big enough group of voters
to make a difference. It would be a nice thing for pool, but I think for POTUS the risk
would far outweigh any potential benefit. But who knows? He pretty unpredictable.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

From looking at social media and watching them publicly, I would think there’s a good chance
that a couple might decline, but I find that most pool players lean right, at least those that
give a crap one way or the other. However, pool and pools reputation in this country are
still looked at in a sort of greasy, scummy light, it’s just the stereotype, but stuff like that
is just what this POTUS seems to love, bucking the trend, doing un-PC things. I would
think it’s maybe it’s something he would get behind but his handlers would not. It could
be looked at unfavorably and the pool community just is not a big enough group of voters
to make a difference. It would be a nice thing for pool, but I think for POTUS the risk
would far outweigh any potential benefit. But who knows? He pretty unpredictable.

I think he would do it, if he got the word and backstory.

Pool is a "working man's" sport and those are the people who are his biggest supporters.

You don't see too many elitist pointed-headed geeks playing pool, except for a few pool scientists.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
The real question is:
If someone did decline, would the idiots rise up and suddenly trash him (after praising) for making his own decision?

Absolutely, as soon as someone disagrees whatever that person may have done before makes very little difference, they become the enemy

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With Trump on twitter all the time, is there a way to tag him in a mosconi post to get his attention?

<=== Not on Twitter:)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Handlers? Lol

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I think he would do it, if he got the word and backstory.

Pool is a "working man's" sport and those are the people who are his biggest supporters.

You don't see too many elitist pointed-headed geeks playing pool, except for a few pool scientists.

You’re right, but I think the problem is that the pool community is pretty small. It is a
working mans sport, but it’s only played by one in every one thousand working men or
less and probably even less than that know anything about the Mosconi Cup. He’s
got enough bad press going and I don’t think this would be helpful. If we’re being
generous you could say that one member of the entire congress knows about the
Mosconi Cup (Graham) and likely no employees, but this might be just the sort of thing
he’d love to do, if they let him. It just might be a bad time for anything like this

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Handlers? Lol

Staff, you know.... the people that read his mail and decide what’s important enough
to give to him. Twitter might be the way to go, but have you looked at his Twitter?
I bet he only tweets and doesn’t read or is allowed to read the responses.
It might be a best hope to get him some information. A better way to go might be to
contact Fox, some of them seem to have his ear

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I think it would be a good idea all around. It is an annual competition that relives the founding of our country in a tiny bubble lol. The us vs the king. 1776 and all that. They tried to keep our best trees for their king so we beat them down in a race to 5 - 9 Ball, alt break w/shot clock.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
He had Cody Covington and his fake belt stop by.
Team USA actually accomplished something!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Had I been invited to some place I did not want to go, I would reply thank you but no thank you.

No harm, no foul, no one embarrassed.

Hell I had wedding invites, I just put in the trash, and did not rs play,.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Some of you guys caught Jefferson Davis

can you name his vice pesident?

It was Stephens, who appeared in the movie "Lincoln" on behalf of the Confederacy as the curtain began to fall on the civil war.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
A more significant question could become whether anyone on the team would have gumption to decline a
invitation like what’s happened with every other sports team and organization invited to #45’s White House?

Actually, that's not true. Most teams showed up. Only some members failed to want to go. And that's fine, we don't really need any snowflakes in the WH to get their feelings hurt.

I went to the WH during Obama's term, so what, it's the history that matters not who is in the office. Not really sure why folks on the left can't grow up. Not one team refused to go to see Obama and you can bet a lot of money many on the teams didn't care for Obama, but they knew it was a chance they didn't want to say no to because of politics.....