Vulgarity and nasty words

troyboy30

Fish
Silver Member
oprah-shakng-her-head_zpsb6f0dad4.gif

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The above is a misnomer. Not trying to "toot my own horn" but I have an IQ in the 160s, have a chemistry undergrad degree, and work in secure communications.
Here's a tip: when bragging about your IQ, check the definitions of any multi-syllable words you're using. "Misnomer" means wrong name.

pj <- just jerkin' yer chain :)
chgo

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Where can I get a shirt like this?

I didn't know that dean was friends with and worshiped a cop killer. That hits close to home. If you don't like the above shirt or the language in a pool forum, simply skip them or go hang out with your cop killing piece of shit friend.

Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Here's a tip: when bragging about your IQ, check the definitions of any multi-syllable words you're using. "Misnomer" means wrong name.

pj <- just jerkin' yer chain :)
chgo

Ahh, was thinking misconception. My mind runs too fast, sometimes. Good catch.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ahh, was thinking misconception. My mind runs too fast, sometimes. Good catch.

You were fine. It is in fact a "misnomer" to incorrectly name/label someone unintelligent or uneducated simply based on their use of vulgarity. It would be just as illogical as naming someone a genius because you've never heard them curse or say anything remotely nasty. Lol

Last edited:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I work in a law office where swearing is fairly shocking to hear; unless of course it's from a client in an arbitration meeting. Thankfully they close the doors and all of the boardrooms have sound deadening.

I use alternative cuss words so I can be heard spitting out a, "Fooey", here and there, occasionally, "dagnabit", "hooligan!", and, "Rats!" When people hear me say, "Firetruck", they know something's broken pretty badly.

Lets clear something up here. Dean was offended by this pic, this is what started all of this.

If momma an' daddy get divorced, are they still brudder n' sister?

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
You were fine.
Yes, he was fine (you too) - no big deal, I'm sure everybody understood it. Just good-humored poking.

It is in fact a "misnomer" to incorrectly name/label someone unintelligent or uneducated simply based on their use of vulgarity.
That didn't happen, but yes, that would be a misnomer.

pj
chgo

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I work in a law office where swearing is fairly shocking to hear; unless of course it's from a client in an arbitration meeting. Thankfully they close the doors and all of the boardrooms have sound deadening.

I use alternative cuss words so I can be heard spitting out a, "Fooey", here and there, occasionally, "dagnabit", "hooligan!", and, "Rats!" When people hear me say, "Firetruck", they know something's broken pretty badly.

If momma an' daddy get divorced, are they still brudder n' sister?

I used to play with a guy that would say, "Got-down swim-in-a-ditch" whenever he messed up.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
a little on topic, a little off

The thread woke up an old memory. I was helping the man that had married my cousin work cows. His horse was named Black but in a long day working cattle you might never know that despite him spending a lot of time hollering at the horse. His language was more than a little blue!

After a month or two break I was helping him work cows again. He was as noisy as ever but the words were a bit strange: "God bless America!" "Praise the Lord!" "God is good!". Never the slightest sound of profanity.

At lunch break I asked what the deal was. His first born child was walking and talking pretty well now and spent a lot of time with her devout Christian grandmother. Seemed two weeks ago her grandmother had heard the little girl sweetly calling Del's cowdog, "C'mere Toby, c'cmere you son of a bltch, c'mere Toby. The following weekend the little girl wanted to go outside. The front door was a bit much for her to handle yet so she, again quite sweetly, asked her grandmother to open the goddamned door please.

The little girl and her parents were strictly rationing profanity after that!

Hu

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, he was fine (you too) - no big deal, I'm sure everybody understood it. Just good-humored poking.

That didn't happen, but yes, that would be a misnomer.

pj
chgo

Copied that. I guess I took this sentence, "It doesn't show intelligence in the user, it shows a lack thereof.", as a way of calling sailor-mouthed people unintelligent.

Anyhow, my dad was a Navy guy, so I learned all the good words that kids aren't supposed to use until they're old enough not to get whooped for using them. :D

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
The thread woke up an old memory. I was helping the man that had married my cousin work cows. His horse was named Black but in a long day working cattle you might never know that despite him spending a lot of time hollering at the horse. His language was more than a little blue!

After a month or two break I was helping him work cows again. He was as noisy as ever but the words were a bit strange: "God bless America!" "Praise the Lord!" "God is good!". Never the slightest sound of profanity.

At lunch break I asked what the deal was. His first born child was walking and talking pretty well now and spent a lot of time with her devout Christian grandmother. Seemed two weeks ago her grandmother had heard the little girl sweetly calling Del's cowdog, "C'mere Toby, c'cmere you son of a bltch, c'mere Toby. The following weekend the little girl wanted to go outside. The front door was a bit much for her to handle yet so she, again quite sweetly, asked her grandmother to open the goddamned door please.

The little girl and her parents were strictly rationing profanity after that!

Hu

Lmao! Typical God-fearing household. That little girl will learn to be two different people like the rest of us. One that pretends never to use profanity and one that knows when it's ok to unleash all those colorful words she learned from her daddy.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Here's 50 and the Tim Hawkins list:

Balderdash!
William Shatner!
Corn Nuts!
Dagnabbit!
Son of a monkey!
Barnacles!
Holy cow!
Poo on a stick!
Sugar!
Judas Priest!
Sufferin’ succotash!
Oh, snap!
Phooey!
Great Scott!
Bullspit!
Leapin' lizards!
Cheese and crackers!
Frack!
Crappity!
Shitake mushrooms!
Fraggle Rock!
Cowabunga!
Shut the front door!
Gee willikers!
Mother of pearl!
Son of a gun!
Egad!
Tartar sauce!
Gadzooks!
Barbra Streisand!
Schnikes!
Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat!
Mother fathers!
Crikey!
Peas and rice!
Jeepers!
Blimey!
Galloping gremlins!
Oh, ship!
Zoinks!
Good night!
Fart knocker!
Malarkey!
Merlin’s beard!
Holy guacamole!
Oh, coconuts!
H-E-double hockey sticks!
Drat!
Ay, caramba!
What the cuss?

Attachments

• cuss-words-graphic_white_1024x1024.jpg
    cuss-words-graphic_white_1024x1024.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
the little girl is a grandmother now

Lmao! Typical God-fearing household. That little girl will learn to be two different people like the rest of us. One that pretends never to use profanity and one that knows when it's ok to unleash all those colorful words she learned from her daddy.

The little girl is a grandmother now. She was the first of a small herd of children, all grew up to be good people with good heads on their shoulders, something to be said for raising children the old fashioned way!

I remember my own childhood. My mom called us a bunch of wild indians with some merit. However, if company came over or we went somewhere, we were angels and well known for our fine behavior! We did know when to toe the mark and walk the line!

Hu

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read the post, I beat an accused killer, found innocent by
a jury of his peers, at pool. Read the story for yourself

Someone has told a fib and someone joined in

There is not a word or suggestion of me worshipping him

You guys are just sad and mad that someone has
spoken out about your beloved use of swear words

And now you feel like kicking a fella you think is down

I am not down and bullies never bothered me