Hello everyone how to get 5 years out of cloth please read

BBL

Registered
Too many skeptics nothing to read

Too many skeptics that could not pm instead offered their opinion on something they know nothing about. Will have to do this on a table and take before and after pics.

Last edited:

afftonbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't forget the duct tape

I've found that if you rough up the surface of the duct tape that is used for repairing tears it blends right in with the dye. Also, if you put the Rit dye in all the beverages you serve the spilled drinks hardly show at all. I would think it is best to take out half the lights over your tables - makes the reconditioning even look better not to mention using less electricity.

Big Al

BBL

Registered
Again I am serious

I did this for 5 years with cloth. By all means keep paying $500 a table to recover every 2 to three years or you could try what I did and double or near triple your cloth life expectancy.

Ps. Why don't you guys just take some dirty table cloth put it on a table and do what I said with in 24 to 30 hours it will look much better.

Remember I did this with
Championship cloth
Sammonis
And billiard cloth

Next I owned and worked in a pool room for 8 years
My father has been around pool rooms for 50 years

In fact I would actually bet money on this

Remember reason why I did this was that the owners would not put money into the business I was not going to pay for cloth out of my pocket it was the easiest solution.

Ps as for spots they fade out.

Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Sometimes people who have new ideas and try to revolutionize how things are done can be seen as crazy and persecuted for their ideas and then later be recognized as geniuses and way ahead of their time.

This is not one of those cases.

BBL

Registered
Everyone who replies to this

Should not speak unless they try it.

Just try before you decided to recover it.

I did this for 5 years.

BBL

Registered
Actually duct tape is used when you recover a table and you spill extra glue or bonds to wipe away. Thanks afton I almost forgot about that

To clean marble use peroxide marble companies will charge you $100 for that job they don't tell you that

Also coke cola is used to get blood out of concrete

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I assume you also pass on this savings onto your customers?

How does this procedure affect the playability of the cloth or have you forgotten that that is the number one reason to replace cloth?

QUOTE=BBL;4983366]I did this for 5 years with cloth. By all means keep paying $500 a table to recover every 2 to three years or you could try what I did and double or near triple your cloth life expectancy.

Ps. Why don't you guys just take some dirty table cloth put it on a table and do what I said with in 24 to 30 hours it will look much better.

Remember I did this with
Championship cloth
Sammonis
And billiard cloth

Next I owned and worked in a pool room for 8 years
My father has been around pool rooms for 50 years

In fact I would actually bet money on this

Remember reason why I did this was that the owners would not put money into the business I was not going to pay for cloth out of my pocket it was the easiest solution.

Ps as for spots they fade out.[/QUOTE]

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume you also pass on this savings onto your customers?

How does this procedure affect the playability of the cloth or have you forgotten that that is the number one reason to replace
Oh come on, forget playablility, redying the cloth to try and fool people is a great idea. Just like pouring well liquor into brand bottles, and using toilet water to mop with. Just flush first.
Hey Pocketpoint, you still greasing the pockets with chicken grease to make the balls go in better?
Chuck

BBL

Registered
Wow tony

Tony your looking for any reason why this would not work.

Table played well

You just don't believe it table played fine

When I did this people in the room didn't even know. I had people tell me what did I do get it recovered.

Also as for chicken grease no don't use that use wax paper it speeds the cloth up a little.

BBL

Registered
Well I am going to explain this one more time.

If you have a table that needs to be recovered, try dying it. If it don't work you were going to get it recovered any way so just get it recovered. What I suggest only costs $4 and 40 minutes of your time. Remember you can't hurt it.

Next thing is ask yourself who has told you not to do this, well let's see, mechanics, billiard cloth distributors. I wonder why they say not to do this maybe it is because if people do this the sales will drop by 100%.

Why is this so hard to believe. So many skeptics.
I would like all of you that has said this won't work please explain why and let's be serious.

No one said anything about the balls lol.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Any reason... no just the most important one - playability. I don't care about burn marks or if the cloth is faded because of light, I only care about how it plays and that is what I use as a basis to determine if the cloth needs replaced.

Dying cloth will not make it play like new, somehow you fail to understand that one simple concept.

I have no doubt that dying the cloth can make it "look" new but sadly it is still the same old worn slow cloth.

I hope you are fully disclosing your shortcut to the players in the room.

I have no doubt that dying the cloth can make it "look" new but sadly it is still the same old worn slow cloth.

Tony your looking for any reason why this would not work.

Table played well

You just don't believe it table played fine

When I did this people in the room didn't even know. I had people tell me what did I do get it recovered.

Also as for chicken grease no don't use that use wax paper it speeds the cloth up a little.

BBL

Registered
Lol

I just said use wax paper will speed it up the cloth, thought you knew that tony

Ok so to let everyone know

When I dyed the tables

They looked new

Remember if you have holes sorry can't do anything about it maybe try to fill it in
A couple things you can do
Small little holes
Get cloth form under neath table or side of table
Use a razor blade
Cut the cloth up almost to a powder

Sprinkle just a touch of glue ( I used super glue) now sprinkle the powder cloth over the holes and Wa la no more hole maybe will last for 3 months then you have to repeat the process

I find that everyone here is making comments when I asked in a professional manner to please pm with questions. Everyone that has replied to this post I have pm you and I get no response.

When I eventually bought the room I got the tables recovered be caused I owned them then. You want to know what the mechanic told me, that the dye coated the fiber and the strands and kept it in decent shape.

Another thing I have to ask what is the skill level of players, you usually have

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Did I ask anything about wax paper????

Why would I want to put any foreign substance on the cloth to make it play faster?

Why would I want to converse with you through PM, isn't this a message board?

All of my comments / questions have been made in a professional manner. Show me where they were not.

At least the players I know realize the differences between new cloth and old.

Goodbye.

I just said use wax paper will speed it up the cloth, thought you knew that tony

Ok so to let everyone know

When I dyed the tables

They looked new

Remember if you have holes sorry can't do anything about it maybe try to fill it in
A couple things you can do
Small little holes
Get cloth form under neath table or side of table
Use a razor blade
Cut the cloth up almost to a powder

Sprinkle just a touch of glue ( I used super glue) now sprinkle the powder cloth over the holes and Wa la no more hole maybe will last for 3 months then you have to repeat the process

I find that everyone here is making comments when I asked in a professional manner to please pm with questions. Everyone that has replied to this post I have pm you and I get no response.

When I eventually bought the room I got the tables recovered be caused I owned them then. You want to know what the mechanic told me, that the dye coated the fiber and the strands and kept it in decent shape.

Another thing I have to ask what is the skill level of players, you usually have

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Thank god

Goodbye

-

Sounds like you need a schooling about cloth.

You've been around pool how long??? And don't know how to spell SIMONIS.... This Fourm was built for player by players, NOT BANGERS!

The cloth is all about playability which you obviously know little about unless you figured a way to make the yarn in worsted pool table cloth regenerate....
Opps...did I use a word not in your vocabulary "worsted cloth"
Do you have any idea what happens to wool if you add moisture to it when it's stretched tight?
Do you have any idea what chalk and powder does to textiles?
I can go on and on.....

You are really lost'
I'd hate to see how you wash your underwear and socks...

Enjoy your visit'

Rob.M

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well I am going to explain this one more time.

If you have a table that needs to be recovered, try dying it. If it don't work you were going to get it recovered any way so just get it recovered. What I suggest only costs $4 and 40 minutes of your time. Remember you can't hurt it.

Next thing is ask yourself who has told you not to do this, well let's see, mechanics, billiard cloth distributors. I wonder why they say not to do this maybe it is because if people do this the sales will drop by 100%.

Why is this so hard to believe. So many skeptics.
I would like all of you that has said this won't work please explain why and let's be serious.

No one said anything about the balls lol.

I AM a Professional pool table mechanic, and one of the best world wide, so I have a few questions for you. 1) does re-dyeing' the cloth to look new, slow down Championship 3030 from playing faster and faster as it wears down? 2) does dyeing' the cloth to look new, fill in the ditches that start forming along the cushions from balls digging in the cloth as the rebound from the cushions? 3) does dyeing' the cloth to look new, mean the balls won't roll off when they're racked up, which is caused by the cloth wearing thin right where the balls sit after being racked. 4) Will dyeing' the cloth to look new, fill in the divot under the head ball so it don't roll off when racked?

See, when you start trying to imply that the cost of changing the cloth on pool tables is to high because of us pool table mechanics, and you start your great idea of cheating your customers out of their chance to play on newly recovered pool tables, just so YOU can save a few bucks, do you discount the cost to the customers every time you dye the cloth to make them tables look new, or do you just keep right on charging them....putting you into that class of room owners that are to cheap to maintain their equipment for the paying customers, yet keep on charging them, maybe even during that 5 year period....raising the cost of playing pool, because the price of dye went up!

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I laughed my a$$ off reading this thread. BTW, Diamonds are replacing all my Valleys around end of February. Think of all the money I'll save on recover next year!:rotflmao1: