Looking for POS software advice - What's the best?

MichaelReddick

Registered
Hi All, I've been using Dolphin to run a room with over 25 tables that also has a full restaurant and bar. Dolphin works okay, but is very outdated and no longer supported. Any suggestions for newer POS software solutions that are easy to use, support pool room/table management needs, and also handles the needs of a full restaurant/bar? I want to scope out a system that is powerful, flexible, easy for the staff to learn and use, and of course, cheap! :D Thanks in advance for your comments!

MichaelReddick

Registered
Pool House Manager feedback?

Anyone have feedback on "Pool House Manager" from Time Magic Corporation? I've seen some positive comments online and was wondering if anyone is using it now, and what are the pros/cons? Thanks!

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have feedback on "Pool House Manager" from Time Magic Corporation? I've seen some positive comments online and was wondering if anyone is using it now, and what are the pros/cons? Thanks!

We use PHM with 57 tables and an extensive food/beverage menu. It works well, and Mike Huang--the developer --is very responsive and helpful.

J.W.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PHM endorsement

We recently acquired Pool House Manager and it is very likely more of a POS program than we actually need as it incorporates everything. We are split with the pool table side and the restaurant side so a little bit of overkill for us, but I would recommend PHM to anyone. Their tech support with Mike is outstanding, he is patient with someone who is very tech ignorant (that would be me).
Please consider this an endorsement because i would highly recommend PHM to anyone looking for this type of POS.

Jim Wych

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
We also have PHM and all of the available upgrades for bar, restaurant, and pos credit card processing. I love the system and have also found Mike very helpful and patient.

thephantom89

Registered
Details

How well is the phm pos at theft protection. I'm helping with a pool hall a good buddy of mine recently took over and the problem is there are too many holes in the system we currently use to were it makes it easy to steal money we have had all sorts of voids and short drawers to where it's no longer a trickle. The way I see it any loss no matter how small is too much... The Grand Canyon was carved by the colorado river. I need to find a good system to help save him money so we can turn my much loved pool hall into a great work environment and bring back profit. Where can I look up these details and pointers would be great. Thanks yall