Whats my Samsara worth "In the real World"

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stunning Samsara, inlay design was cut from customer from an antique jewelry box. Mr. Doucette said he made cue @ 13yrs. ago.2 cues were made from said jewelry box inlays/wood.Detailed info on build is on handle, under wrap. I know what Samsara said they would want for a build like this, but how much would it be worth to collector/Samsara fan? Has a very small ding, not through clear @ butt sleeve, 2 shfts 12.5 & 12.7, one never played till I did last night, both roll true. Opinions? Thanx, AJ
1205092110c.jpg
1205092110b.jpg
1205092110a.jpg
1205092109a.jpg

Last edited:

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stunning Samsara, inlay design was cut from customer from an antique jewelry box. Mr. Doucette said he made cue @ 13yrs. ago.2 cues were made from said jewelry box inlays/wood.Detailed info on build is on handle, under wrap. I know what Samsara said they would want for a build like this, but how much would it be worth to collector/Samsara fan? Has a very small ding, not through clear @ butt sleeve, 2 shfts 12.5 & 12.7, one never played till I did last night, both roll true. Opinions? Thanx, AJ
1205092110c.jpg
1205092110b.jpg
1205092110a.jpg
1205092109a.jpg

I'll give you what I sold it to Chuck for. You'll have to ship it in the It's George case that I sold it with the cue. The sister cue was made for Dave, the owner af a pool room in Ma. It does not have the uni-loc pin.
I have the check made out, just need your address to finish the transaction.

Glen

Last edited:

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
LOL, Cordova, IL caught my eye in this photo since I grew up there. 599 people after I left...lol.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

oQW4CK0s.jpeg

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen...I thought Chuck bought it from Ralph, RIP to him. Just got done playin with Chuck as a matter of fact...He sent it to Samsara for refinish/extra shaft made.. I saw the cue when Chuck 1st bought it, it was in need of a refinsh, very nice now. Dave D. told him what it would cost to build/appraisal and its no where near what you sold to Chuck for...Also told me of the history bout jewelry box, remembered building the cue well. I'll call him to see what he did with the case you spoke of. I maybe would trade down the road someday for the right Josswest(sidewayz W) Mine got stolen in Tulsa years ago Peace,AJ

Last edited:

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My bad. It was Ralph. He lived in Nashua NH when I sold it to him.

Glen

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen, I just got off the phone with Chuck...dont know ya, said he bought it from Ralph. He had it for a few years before he sold to Chuck. Ralph died more than 5 yrs. ago, so you prolly sold it to Ralph nearly 10? yrs. ago right..Its worth a little more than your last transaction. Chuck gave 700.00 for it in fair condition, chipped/scratched, but Doucette brought it back proud!!:grin:

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just spoke on the phone with nasc(Glen) Small world! He was original owner of my Samsara!! Learned lotza neat info on its history...Kool story, mostly what I knew, but more detail...Definately a keeper cue, but I always had soft spot for the right 70's Josswest! Who knows??

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL, Cordova, IL caught my eye in this photo since I grew up there. 599 people after I left...lol.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

oQW4CK0s.jpeg

Me thinks there may be 600 now! Bet that town really loves the revenue generated from the World Series of Dragracing event each year...I used to run my bikes ther when I could. great history there in dragracing circles...Peace

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
Me thinks there may be 600 now! Bet that town really loves the revenue generated from the World Series of Dragracing event each year...I used to run my bikes ther when I could. great history there in dragracing circles...Peace

Yep, the Drag Strip and Nuclear Plant were the biggest draws for Cordova...lol

Amazingly, I lived there for 17+ years and only saw the outside of either...lol.

Fun place though for us teenagers at the time. A lot like Mayberry, NC with Andy Griffith.

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cues worth

It is worth whatever amount someone else is willing to pay. You can start off with a higher asking price and then lower untill it sells. You can never start off with a lower price and then go up. BTW a pretty cue.

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanx 4 the Input Peeps...I at least know I can pick up a quick "Hunnert" if needed!! I like that..."Hunnert" Lol. Really enjoyed being able to talk over the phone with Glen, the original owner...He told me the whole shebang of how this cue came together! Hell of a story. Makes me feel kinda proud to own something that has such a "Kool" history! Now I know that this was the 1st quick release cue Dave/Jim made...

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was doing a search on hear on a cue I picked up at the ISPA State Tourney in Des Moines this past weekend and came across this post from 09. I know about the jewelry box thing, but don’t know anything else about this cue. I did play with it and it hits great. Any other info would be great. Yes I did get the one with the quick release pin.

Thanks,

Brian