Key Words

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
My son, a little league coach, would tell his pitchers when they were in self doubt a word that always broke their bad rythym and take their mind off the pitching problems. The word was "tits". Young boys always smile when they hear this....old boys too. I'm going to start using it before every PSR too. Mitch

That Is The Secret.

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
The best key word would be

This is a lock.

Thank you, I'm here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress.

Jeff Livingston

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Smooth......

Key words are important if you need to get yourself back on track with your focus and using them can be a good idea. They can be anything that you relate to. For me, the word "smooth" comes to mind. Another pool player years ago, who had bought me in the Calcutta, would walk by me during the tournament and only whisper, "Smooth". He must have done it several times. I guess it worked because I won the tournament coming out of the one loss side.

Make up your own, one that YOU relate to.

JoeyA

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Be a Lion" Say it with conviction and just short of anger. I use it when the pressure is affecting me. Helps ward off the flight reaction.

When I'm winning or running a rack, I tend to start to lose concentration and speed up so I think "Smooooth Rhythm". Say "smooth" like Barry White. It's relaxing and soothing.

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the best thing you can do is to stop talking.

Hum something (Hmmmmm) and have in your mind the idea that the ability to concentrate and see your contact point is the most important thing that you can do.

These types of things help you to turn the whole thing over to the sub-conscious. He plays much better than you do anyway.:cool: