Team Usa Mosconi Cup Points Leaders

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
What would the list look like if players got more than 5 days notice that the DCC and Reno events counted --- much different I would bet.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would the list look like if players got more than 5 days notice that the DCC and Reno events counted --- much different I would bet.

The trouble is that both our posts are implied criticisms of Matchroom who were only doing their best with what they had to work with.

Unlike some on here who have 20/20 vision - but only looking back.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
The trouble is that both our posts are implied criticisms of Matchroom who were only doing their best with what they had to work with.

Unlike some on here who have 20/20 vision - but only looking back.

Keep settling - pool will never change.

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sossei and Hall crumple so badly in the big tournaments, I'd love to see Oscar as the 5th with Shane, Mike D, Corey, and maybe Bergman but I don't know about him either.

The "young guns" goof around too much and dogging some of the easy balls they have dogged in the last few showings will get them destroyed quickly at the Mosconi cup.

Hall losing to Shaw at TS told me he shouldn't be at Mosconi.

Jhall beat Shaw, Horlefsen, Alex P, Corey and then Thorsten for the hotseat.
That guy folds like an Aluminum foil lawnchair:eek: We all obviously missed you competing at TS, since your an expert about what a guy that can probably give you the 6 ball should have done. Some of these railbuzzard comments are Ridiculous.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Jhall beat Shaw, Horlefsen, Alex P, Corey and then Thorsten for the hotseat.
That guy folds like an Aluminum foil lawnchair:eek: We all obviously missed you competing at TS, since your an expert about what a guy that can probably give you the 6 ball should have done. Some of these railbuzzard comments are Ridiculous.

Only the 6? You're giving him too much credit. I

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What would the list look like if all the points won on the bar box events were deducted
(At Large?).
Not TOO different I would wager

Only 3 of the 8 points events so far have been on 9-footers -- DCC 9-Ball, SBE 10-Ball, and Turning Stone 9-Ball.

I don't have the info for Turning Stone for everyone yet, but it looks to me like the top few counting only the 9-foot events are:

1. Van Boening -- 35 points
2. Dechanine -- 29
3. Shuff -- 21
4. D'Alfonso -- 18
5. Sossei -- 17

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Only the 6? You're giving him too much credit. I

I didn't want to get out of line and get my boy Trapped!

You're right, I need the blue crush.

For real, Justin wants to play the world in Florida. When I see him play loose in other places, he gets clipped.

Unfortunately, so does Bergman, and so does Skylar, and so does Sossei.

America plays like they are playing a long set for the cash instead of extremely difficult, focused, races to 5.

Railbuzzard my ass.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member

For real, Justin wants to play the world in Florida. When I see him play loose in other places, he gets clipped.

America plays like they are playing a long set for the cash instead of extremely difficult, focused, races to 5.

Railbuzzard my ass.

You just keep making statements without any factual evidence to back it up. It's obvious you're playing favoritism over other players.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
I was hoping to see Skylar in the running. I thought he was playing pretty sporty this year. But I guess if you're not earning the points you're not going to get there

Ben

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was hoping to see Skylar in the running. I thought he was playing pretty sporty this year. But I guess if you're not earning the points you're not going to get there

Ben

He's currently in 4th place in the points race. He could still earn an automatic slot or be a captain's choice.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Looks like your "finish needed" for Bergman should be 9-12 rather than 17-24. And, of course, those "finishes needed" don't account for any points Dechaine and Deuel might earn at the US Open 9-Ball. But, interestingly, anyone currently in 3rd through 10th place (and some others) could still finish as high as 2nd in the points race.

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like your "finish needed" for Bergman should be 9-12 rather than 17-24. And, of course, those "finishes needed" don't account for any points Dechaine and Deuel might earn at the US Open 9-Ball. But, interestingly, anyone currently in 3rd through 10th place (and some others) could still finish as high as 2nd in the points race.
You are right there is a mistake on the chart :(

9-12 would put Bergman tied with Corey in points if Corey fails to make points at the Open.

Not sure what they do if it's tied does any body ?

Fixed it :smile:

mosconi points.jpg

Last edited:

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Railbuzzard my ass.

Us open 2014. He loses 1st match to Klatt then defeats Souquet, Darryl peach, Nick V, Alex P then Karl Boyes before losing to Dechaine 9/8. I still can't see where he Crumbles? Not to mention playing the best at the Mosconi cup last year in the hardest venue to host it. Can you come with some facts?

emptypockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chart is incorrect in regards to Scott Frost's points. He had 32 prior to Turning Stone and earned 2 for placing 25-32. Should be at 34 points.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And here's the current list extended several places (subject to confirmation from Matchroom):

1. S. Van Boening -- 86 points
2. M. Dechaine -- 46
3. C. Deuel -- 45
4. S. Woodward -- 41
5. J. Bergman -- 35
6. S. Frost -- 34
7. J. Sossei -- 32
8. O. Dominguez -- 27
T9. B. Shuff -- 25
T9. J. Hall -- 25
T11. J. Roberts -- 21
T11. J. Archer -- 21
T11. R. Morris -- 21
14. T. D'Alfonso -- 18
15. D. Olson -- 17
16. B. Deska -- 15

With 30 points available to the winner at the US Open, it's possible (however unlikely) for any one of these players to wind up in the top 3 in points.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
And here's the current list extended several places (subject to confirmation from Matchroom):

1. S. Van Boening -- 86 points
2. M. Dechaine -- 46
3. C. Deuel -- 45
4. S. Woodward -- 41
5. J. Bergman -- 35
6. S. Frost -- 34
7. J. Sossei -- 32
8. O. Dominguez -- 27
T9. B. Shuff -- 25
T9. J. Hall -- 25
T11. J. Roberts -- 21
T11. J. Archer -- 21
T11. R. Morris -- 21
14. T. D'Alfonso -- 18
15. D. Olson -- 17
16. B. Deska -- 15

With 30 points available to the winner at the US Open, it's possible (however unlikely) for any one of these players to wind up in the top 3 in points.

I wouldn't be disappointed with the top 5 here. Sky deserves a chance and has good chemistry with Bergman. That being said J Hall outperformed Bergman last year. Honestly I want the most dramatic thing in Mosconi history to happen: Jayson Shaw getting is US citizenship and playing for us lol! He has already expressed that he wants to and Europe blew it by not playing him in the past.