RIP Michael Andros...We'll miss you!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mike was always trying these type of crazy shots. When I first met him in ‘81 his shot of choice would be to freeze the object ball on the middle diamond of the bottom rail and the Q ball on the middle diamond of the head rail and jack up and spin the object ball along the rail into the bottom pocket. I worked at Family billiards as a kid and I would practice that damn shot for hours when it got slow. One day Mike walks in after work asking for a rack. I told him to hold on because I’m going to make this shot first...his stupid ass shot. He of course says he didn’t have all month to wait for me to make it. Oddly enough I drain it on the next attempt. So I’m feeling pretty good about myself. Then Mike takes his rack and without hitting one ball first he sets it up and makes it. Then he sets it up again and makes it a second time and as he shot a half of a joint falls out of his shirt pocket. He casually picks it up and says “I’m sure that’s not the first time that’s happened in this joint.”

I think I’m gonna go up to Family today and try to play some serious 9 ball.

bstroud

Deceased
Michael was generous in sharing what he was going through.

Cancer is not something that you really want the World to know about.

He showed great courage in sharing it with all of us.

He will be greatly missed.

Bill Stroud

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I never met the man, but he surely seemed like a person I would have liked to have met.

RIP Michael. I will miss your presence on this forum.

And...prayers for all his family and friends.

Maniac

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rest in peace and godspeed sir.

Our on-line community is lessened by your absence and your presence was welcomed, valued and appreciated. May you and yours find peace in the days and months to come.

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What horrible news. I didn’t know Michael, but based on the opinions here he had to have been one of the good ones. Hope his family finds peace and comfort in this time.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
It is my very sad duty to report that Michael Andros passed away Monday night. I had plans to meet up with him in a week or so, and I'm so sad that I won't be able to. I just spoke with his wife, and found this out. I'm sure she will post in this thread. Rest in Peace my friend...:(

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School

Thanks for letting us know. He'll be missed and remembered. In the end, that's the best any of us can hope for.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad news. I always enjoyed his posts.

Prayers for his family.

Michael is now free of the disease, has no pain, and has Eternity to enjoy himself.

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rest In Peace, Michael. Thank you for sharing your love of the game. Thank you for your sincerity and compassion.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is my very sad duty to report that Michael Andros passed away Monday night. I had plans to meet up with him in a week or so, and I'm so sad that I won't be able to. I just spoke with his wife, and found this out. I'm sure she will post in this thread. Rest in Peace my friend...:(

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School

Sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace.