So, how much did he lose ?

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. We are currently traveling, how do you think i could work on it and what makes you think we aren't? With 26 people working for us it's possible for me to carry on conversations at the same time that custom case orders are being made.

The thing is that from the outside all people can do is speculate. I already said publicly that Matt will not only receive his money back but also get s free custom case. I have no malicious reason not to deliver on an order. But when we find a problem we do certainly get busy fixing it.

The only reason i am commenting here at all is that a friend alerted me to the thread. When it dies down i will be gone again. And you're right, letting comments roll off is an important skill to develop. I am getting better at it though. Think of comments i haven't responded to in this thread.

I don't want to really go into my life history but from about 8 years old and through my teenage years my only real life skill was talking. I wasn't physically able to stand up to bullies but i could talk my way into and out of most situations. When the internet came around i thought it was going to be amazing for me, a bookworm who tried to soak up knowledge.

Unfortunately it wasn't long before i was trolled by the internet version of a bully, this one had the handle of burntjall. That was the first time i realized that there were people who used the internet to attack with words and the more they knew about you the more personally insulting they would be. As someone wanted honest communication and really wanted to learn and share good information i was shocked. But i resolved not to give in and i should have because i thought any accusation made by an anonymous person carried much more weight than it did. So, i feel into the trap of being defensive and feeling like i had prove myself in the eyes of the readers.

And of course all that goes back to my internal pysche. A troll only provides the stimulus, the object of that troll's attention provides the response. In between lies the choice to engage or not.

John, I don't want any money back, or anything free. I would like the case your wife designed, and to pay you the balance when it's done. I know I will enjoy it. As I stated before, I FB'd you at JB Custom Cases page, per your request.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
uhhh

I'm sitting here like...

So have you personally been waiting 6 years,or can you name someone who will vary you claim?

Or you just blowing smoke?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.57.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.57.32 AM.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 304

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So have you personally been waiting 6 years,or can you name someone who will vary you claim?

Or you just blowing smoke?

He was referring to my story, PoolSleuth (remember that?).

But, I don't really count it as waiting 6 years. I waited about two years and then called it a day.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Hey JB, could careless about your spending habits... wondering if Covid-19 will change where you manufacture, because as far as I am concerned, F China.

Our shop supports and is run by my extended family in China. Also it is still the most economical way for us to able able to pour lots of shop hours into each case and still be profitable at relatively low cost to consumers. But having just purchased a larger facility in okc i do plan to start trying to make some cases in OKC. They will probably be partially made in China and completed here and i plan to see what options there are to trap into local development funds so as to have some extra resources to fund the training of my staff.

Always remember that the people on the ground are fundamentally the same all over the Earth. Punishing them for what their governments do only gives more ammunition for those governments to work their people into a cycle of hatred, revenge and war.

Scrunge19

Registered
Yes, I've known many of these types in the pool room. Too many. It's unfortunate when someone can't play pool because they love the game.

First, let me say - John is a great casemaker...but I'm not sure about his "business" skills. And he has no business trying to play pool for money. At all.

He and Karen came through Richmond, VA in April of 2014. I ordered an Air Force themed custom case from him in person, gave him a 50% deposit, talked my friend who owned the pool room (Diamond Billiards in Midlothian) into buying some cases John was selling from his vehicle (because they ARE great cases), which he did, and John told me my case would be made in 8 weeks.

BTW - I have ALL of the FB messages saved, which I'm reviewing.

Fast forward to Jan 2016. It never happened. I was really disappointed. I told him, dude, I just want to pay you whatever you ask to make this case and I just get ignored. Super disappointing. So I unfriended him on FB and wrote it off.

If John put all of his tremendous FOCUS and ENERGY into strictly his business and customers he could be a millionaire. Quit the bs and trying to be Mr. Gambling Big Shot and start trying to be the best business man you can be and the sky is the limit. And I'LL STILL take that case and pay you the remainder for it if you ever want to complete it (6 years later). I still think your cases are the best.

This guy ^^

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
LOL.

Some people arent happy unless they are broke...on topic.

I have a friend in the building business who on 3 different occasions over
the last 40 years was worth over 5 million and all 3 times he went to zero.
Hes back again but I have no doubt he will take it to zero again

Scrunge19

Registered
Our shop supports and is run by my extended family in China. Also it is still the most economical way for us to able able to pour lots of shop hours into each case and still be profitable at relatively low cost to consumers. But having just purchased a larger facility in okc i do plan to start trying to make some cases in OKC. They will probably be partially made in China and completed here and i plan to see what options there are to trap into local development funds so as to have some extra resources to fund the training of my staff.

Please don't do this. I'm sorry but anyone who has $40k to lose gambling doesn't deserve taxpayer funds to support their business. Your business is worth millions according to you so either self-fund the training of your employees or get a normal business loan. Leave these special resources for those who aren't blowing their emergency fund gambling in the middle of a global pandemic.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Maniac made a statement, I asked a question. Now I wait for the reply?

Who been waiting 6 years?

We are trying to tell you that the 6 year issue is very clearly spelled out earlier in this thread, including JB acknowledging it. Try to keep up.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John, I don't want any money back, or anything free. I would like the case your wife designed, and to pay you the balance when it's done. I know I will enjoy it. As I stated before, I FB'd you at JB Custom Cases page, per your request.

Ok. Your were cool then and you're cooler now. Still i will insist on the refund because i would feel really awful to take money for the case at this point. How long do you want me fry? :)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You
I have a friend in the building business who on 3 different occasions over
the last 40 years was worth over 5 million and all 3 times he went to zero.
Hes back again but I have no doubt he will take it to zero again

And that is itself a skill. Some people play out safe all their lives and do okay. Others live a different risk/reward cycle.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I have addressed the whole thing about playing a second match before, to wit: if any sort of credible proffer had been made we would have been all over it.

Chicken says he asked if I wanted to rerun it and I either didn't hear him or didn't take him seriously.
Particularly after you balked at playing the first set for $20,000 and refused all side bets. In any case, we hung around a bit but, given the fact that we were in a strange pool room in NJ with close to $40,000 on us we didn't feel comfortable hanging around long.

We said our goodbyes to everyone and neither your nor Chicken said a word. Not to me. Not to Mike. Not to Dustin. There is no reason on God's good green Simonis covered Earth that I wouldn't have leap to play you another set.

Lou Figueroa

Hi Lou;

When I saw this thread getting going I knew it would come around to yours and John's "Big Hassle @ Sandcastle" (hey, that would have been a great name for it).

Even though we have been over all of this in the previous thread(s) years ago, I will again state it exactly as it was.

If you will recall, I was carrying my green and brown leather Orvis man bag at the last night of the match at Sandcastle and yes it did have a little more than $10k inside anticipating a poss rematch.

After your win you'll recall I got you and John to shake hands and even take a couple pics together in an attempt at showing sportsmanship.

As you and your team were celebrating I absolutely approached you and asked if you'd like to run it back. I wasn't kidding. You said that you will talk with Mike and will get back to us. Next thing was that you and the team were going to go get dinner, iirc, it was that you guys were gonna go get a steak. And if you'll also remember from that thread where I explained all of this before, I believe I put it something like I made you an offer and wasn't gonna dry hump your leg on your way out the door about it.

So you guys went to dinner and I figured that maybe you and your boys were talking it over so John, Karen, Jamison, his wife and me all went to dinner also.

Bottom line, we never heard back and next thing we did hear was that you were getting on a plane heading for home.

It wasn't that you didn't hear me, you may not have thought I was serious or in all of the commotion perhaps you forgot it ??? but you def did say that you and Mike were gonna discuss it then poof, you were gone. Maybe the hanging around the unfamiliar pool room with $40k cash played into it, as well.

John was juggling rattlesnakes a couple days ago and got bit quite a few times. I honestly don't think he needs anyone kicking him further while he's down.

imo, of course.

best,
brian kc <------- has gone off a time or two myself (but no, not that spectacular) :D:sorry:

Attachments

• Lou-John-Sandcastle-1p-3-14.jpg
    Lou-John-Sandcastle-1p-3-14.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 278
  • Orvis-bag.jpg
    Orvis-bag.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You sounded awful broke on the videos. Anyone with a business worth millions should be able to get $50k minimum just with their credit cards. Let the CC company wait, pay up and get it over with. Did you f*ck up your credit too?

I did? Saying i have the money but I'd rather wait out the current crisis in favor of my staff sounds broke? But let's assume i am what do you suggest i should do in a situation like this make payroll and overhead to continue producing orders or lay off employees and disrupt production? Anyway it doesn't matter because the only people who are affected are myself and those i owe. For everyone else it's just free entertainment or promotion depending on perspective. :)

As for being worth millions, you can look up standard valuation methods and get a decent idea of investors decide what a company is worth.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put pressure on you? I was totally accommodating and it was a no brainier to have Pat stream it since it was played in the accusations arena. I had them put in the table you wanted.

If anything i put extra pressure on myself having one of my poolheroes filming me play in a space that is normally the realm of professional players.

As for moves.... Not going to rehash it. I think i started my reasons at the beginning of the match and they are still the same.

And yeah i talked a lot of shit, everybody did. That part of the group strategy went exactly as planned. I bought into it and neglected to train properly. That's on me and part of what i recognize about myself that i described in my video.

You had your shot to try and win much more from me but when you go to far the customer walks. I never ducked you. I simply have up trying to give you more money. The juice wasn't worth squeeze. I thank your backers for getting you to the table as the experience was amazing even though i lost the match. For not preparing properly and looking like a spastic chicken i am not unhappy with my performance against a solid player who practiced diligently for hours a day.

And i an glad that you got a few grand out of it. Whatever you used the money for i hope it was enjoyable. And if it was twice as sweet because it was my money then you're welcome. I thank you for the years of attention/marketing you provided and continue to provide. The return on investment for the ten thousand has been amazing. Every time you bring it up i get people checking out what we make.

So sincerely and truly without sarcasm, thank you for being my face partner all of these years. I consider you to be evil and dishonest but you filled a role voluntarily that was of great benefit to me and for that i am really grateful. And i an cool like you want to continue talking about it. You can denigrate me, twist the truth, fabricate things, speculate about motivations, talk about shots, feelings, moves.... Whatever you feel like doing. There is no way to do it without the result being more eyeballs on our products and whether you think that works in favor or not our sales are great.

There is a good reason i titled my video, comeuppance. Because o of what recognize in myself. I didn't beg for forgiveness or ask for pity. I know my alligator mouth overloaded my jaybird ass but in our match that wasn't the situation.

Have a good one Lou glad i could be part of a good pool story for you. Embellished or not when you tell it the story is still good.

You are remarkably adept at justifying your poor choice to yourself.

But no one else is buying it, least of all me.

Lou Figueroa

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did? Saying i have the money but I'd rather wait out the current crisis in favor of my staff sounds broke? But let's assume i am what do you suggest i should do in a situation like this make payroll and overhead to continue producing orders or lay off employees and disrupt production? Anyway it doesn't matter because the only people who are affected are myself and those i owe. For everyone else it's just free entertainment or promotion depending on perspective. :)

As for being worth millions, you can look up standard valuation methods and get a decent idea of investors decide what a company is worth.

You think i took your words at face value-Ahahahaha-Im going with broke. You can't pay off a crummy 38K and run your business too? BROKE BROKE BROKE! Nice diversionary tactic with the 'standard valuation' deal Lol! Pitiful.

Last edited:

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. Your were cool then and you're cooler now. Still i will insist on the refund because i would feel really awful to take money for the case at this point. How long do you want me fry? :)

I don't want you to fry. I want to pay for what I owe. Just make the case you designed (or something close if you don't do those It's George styles anymore) and take my money. I'm real easy. Thanks.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Please don't do this. I'm sorry but anyone who has $40k to lose gambling doesn't deserve taxpayer funds to support their business. Your business is worth millions according to you so either self-fund the training of your employees or get a normal business loan. Leave these special resources for those who aren't blowing their emergency fund gambling in the middle of a global pandemic.

Lol, that's what you're concerned about? The billions of taxpayer funding stock buybacks and other non-productive investments must really torture you. I have never taken a dime of taxpayer funded help for my business. But if there are funds that help startups i will absolutely try to access them. What you think of my admittedly stupid loss is understandable but overly judgy. As if a person can't make a mistake, learn from it and grow to do much better afterwards.

Never said i wasn't going to get a loan but money isn't the the only thing that business development funds provide. Networking, access to shared resources, access to business leaders and their experience are just some of the benefits. It is a good thing for taxpayers when a new endeavor can turn into a solid company. Maybe consider that i was the wrong guy before this experience but now with new clarity and focus not only am i but i can actually do even better with a huge pyschological anchor removed.