The cte controversy

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
20 years ago Spider played pretty darn good and played a lot. Nowadays he doesn't play nearly as much because life has taken hold and he has much much bigger things going on then playing pool. How good is he now, not sure. Haven't had the chance to hit balls with him since i moved to florida a few years ago.

Question for you now. What have you changed in the last 20 years and has it helped? And how do you know it helped.

So I'll mark Spider down as another CTE user who hasn't any tangible evidence of being a better player as a result.

For myself, I continued to refine what I was already doing but also changed things up that weren't working to my satisfaction. Much of it is trial and error. I'm a better player with higher average runs and easier run outs as a result. I'm also more knowledgeable strategy wise.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok try this
Everyone knows what a half ball shot is right?<====I don't know what it is. So "everyone" does not know.
Shoot spot shots from in the kitchen at the half ball position.<===what is "the kitchen?"
If your stroke and aim is true you should miss only very rarely. Maybe once in 20-25 shots.<====Please post video of you doing this at such a level of excellence so I can, in a humble effort, try also to imitate your master stroking techniques, most honorable Instructor San.
If this is not your consistency level then you need to develop aiming and stroking skills long before an aiming system is going to do any good. What good is knowing where to aim if you can't make the cue ball arrive there accurately? CTE did not teach you to stroke straight that is just false.<===Yes it did. Just another exaggeration of it's power.<===it's power is overwhelming. It has you posting on and on about how it won't work. It has me posting on and on about how it does work. One of us has got to go...and it won't be me
Telling me to go away and mind my own business on this forum you do not own isn't going to do a thing to change this reality.<===You've already gone away, you just don't know it yet.
Here is a Good Evening message for you to sleep on...kindly please to observe attachment. Sayonara.
Picture.jpg

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Here is a Good Evening message for you to sleep on...kindly please to observe attachment. Sayonara.
View attachment 549048

Don't know what a half ball shot or the kitchen is?

Then you need to leave this pool forum until you do.

You're an embarrassment to pool and have no business discussing it.

Aiming system for you? LMFAO

You CTE cultists are a nasty bunch of people. That's evident as hell.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A pro player who became a pro before endorsing a product is doubtful at best .

Now, an amateur touting an aiming system more than a decade ago and making videos how it's so great a decade or so ago ( and fought the anti-houligans ) loses tens of thousands of dollars b/c the system has not made him better ( in fact, it might have made him worse ) is a little more convincing .

A pro endorsing some system that does not need contact point or ghost ball visualization but bends over to line up a wide-open shot at the money ball is suspicious .

The seller of the system posting as his wife or some fluff is actually telling.

And a guy stalking and obsessing over something he will never learn or use is just plain sad.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I'll mark Spider down as another CTE user who hasn't any tangible evidence of being a better player as a result.

That's not what i said at all, but with the way you guys interpret things it doesn't surprise me that you went there.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For myself, I continued to refine what I was already doing but also changed things up that weren't working to my satisfaction. Much of it is trial and error. I'm a better player with higher average runs and easier run outs as a result. I'm also more knowledgeable strategy wise.

So i guess we can mark you down as an experimenter since you only have your opinion and no tangible evidence of any improvement whatsoever.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
#1 No...we don't "crack you up". You're angry and mad at the world and it's killing you that people are out here learning how to do things you do not understand.
#2 Yes, I am a full-scale nit. I'm not a very good player either, but I'm working to do something about that. I am also, as you say, "kind of chickenshit". And I just love being that way. So what??
Now what are you going to do about that? "Type me to death"? Or sit there and get madder and madder until you blow your top?:eek:
Like the man said....."If you have no interest in it, if you think it is a bunch of hokum for losers, or you will never use it, or whatever...…...WHY DON'T YOU JUST IGNORE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT IT, LEAVE US PROPONENTS ALONE, AND STOP GRIPING ABOUT IT..?? We're certainly not entering your conversations in this place.
Not until you, figuratively speaking, slap one of us and then you get slapped back. Just as I am doing to you in this reply.
CTE is NEVER going away...it is in use world wide and there is nothing you or anybody else can do about it either. Remember...the "ignore feature" is your friend.

I am literally sitting here reading this and all the people at work are looking at me cause I am laughing loudly at your BS.

I don't do anger. Not really concerned about what you think either, just find it hilarious that you like to challenge people to play people that aren't you, yes, it is a bit yellow to do so, maybe chickenshit was too strong a term, I will go with yellow.

If you think are "slapping" me with your little tantrum...then you must have found a decent amount of truth in the statement I made.

I won't just ignore posts on the subject of CTE, as I am genuinely interested, just waiting for that book to come out to make a final judgement whether I want to try it or not.

Nobody cares if CTE stays or goes away...seriously, nobody. Personally I am still waiting on the book, but whatevs.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I am literally sitting here reading this and all the people at work are looking at me cause I am laughing loudly at your BS.

Great way to rob whoever you work for in time and production they're paying for. They must think you have a screw loose laughing loudly and would be correct.

I don't do anger.

Sounds like anger. If it isn't, what is it because you certainly have some issues.

Not really concerned about what you think either, just find it hilarious that you like to challenge people to play people that aren't you, yes, it is a bit yellow to do so, maybe chickenshit was too strong a term, I will go with yellow.

You like to challenge people, thinking you're some kind of hot shot player. "Yeah, come on down to Dallas, Texas and I'll show you who can play and who can't." Next time the SBE comes on, seek me out. We WILL play! Not for funzies either, CHAMP.

I won't just ignore posts on the subject of CTE, as I am genuinely interested, just waiting for that book to come out to make a final judgement whether I want to try it or not.

You're full of crap! There's no need for a book because I've posted over 50 videos so far. If you can't make a decision based on them, you're a liar and nothing more than a big mouth know it all troll with an inflated ego.

Nobody cares if CTE stays or goes away...seriously, nobody. Personally I am still waiting on the book, but whatevs.

YOU obviously do. Otherwise you wouldn't be wasting company time and your own personal time crying and whining like a little baby who needs to suck on the nipple of his bottle to get soothed with some milk.

Don't forget now champ, come to the SBE and ask around for me. You're closer to the west side of Florida. I'm sure Cookie would be more than happy to oblige you with a hefty money match. He already put the offer out to any and all on this forum who think they want to prove how crappy CTE really is. DO IT!

Hey Cookie...check this post out from a couple of years ago from the Dallas Superstar who wants to challenge everyone to play him in Dallas:

"Bittersweet this week, our team went 4-1 in nine ball and 1-4 in eight ball, I played one match (9) and lost to a 3 on a missed shot that went 5 rails and garbaged its way into a pocket...luck is a fickle lady for sure. On the bright side we are still all alone in 1st place in 8 ball and last nights nine ball match put us a solid 4 out in the lead on that side of things."

ROTFLMAO! If I ever lost to a 3, I'd burn my cues, sell the table and QUIT POOL. Good players make their OWN luck by knowing how to make balls, OUT THINK a 3 and work the table.
This is waaay to funny.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In your opinion maybe. Some people just decide to have a life and not travel around playing pool.
Tyler Styer uses it and wins, do you accept that as proof.

Of course not -- he was an accomplished player before he could spell CTE.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of CTE proponents are challenging people to play people other than themselves. "Come on out, come play Stan Shuffett...not me of course, who says he learned how to be a great pool player by Stan's instruction" shows a lack of balls and conviction. If you believe so much in the method you have been taught, challenge some people yourself.

John Barton, for all his drawbacks, at least puts his money where his mouth is, you guys crack me up! I just love how when push comes to shove, you want the detractors to play someone else...if it pisses you off so much I would love to see you personally taking down some of the detractors, not challenging them to go play some established pro...cuz it's kind of chickenshit

Yes, at least JB stepped up.

Low, Cookie, and Spider, not so much.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
YOU obviously do. Otherwise you wouldn't be wasting company time and your own personal time crying and whining like a little baby who needs to suck on the nipple of his bottle to get soothed with some milk.

Don't forget now champ, come to the SBE and ask around for me. You're closer to the west side of Florida. I'm sure Cookie would be more than happy to oblige you with a hefty money match. He already put the offer out to any and all on this forum who think they want to prove how crappy CTE really is. DO IT!

A few threads back I offered to play Cookie on neutral territory -- the DCC next year -- and here was his response:

Shove the counter offer up your candy a&&. My offer was a generic offer to those here in the aiming forum in case anyone had any plans to visit this beautiful area. My offer was take it or leave it.

So no, not "more than happy to oblige," lol.

Lou Figueroa

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Hey Cookie...check this post out from a couple of years ago from the Dallas Superstar who wants to challenge everyone to play him in Dallas:

"Bittersweet this week, our team went 4-1 in nine ball and 1-4 in eight ball, I played one match (9) and lost to a 3 on a missed shot that went 5 rails and garbaged its way into a pocket...luck is a fickle lady for sure. On the bright side we are still all alone in 1st place in 8 ball and last nights nine ball match put us a solid 4 out in the lead on that side of things."

ROTFLMAO! If I ever lost to a 3, I'd burn my cues, sell the table and QUIT POOL. Good players make their OWN luck by knowing how to make balls, OUT THINK a 3 and work the table.
This is waaay to funny.

Lord baby Jesus ...please send cookie my way...he's got the 8 any table..please ..please.

BTW..it won't be about how crappy cte is.

More about me being not to smart...but I do like challenges...lol

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Lord baby Jesus ...please send cookie my way...he's got the 8 any table..please ..please.

BTW..it won't be about how crappy cte is.

More about me being not to smart...but I do like challenges...lol

Qualify for the US Amateur. He'll be there. He's good enough to qualify each year and finish in the top 10 for the entire country.

If you don't qualify because you aren't good enough, Cookie wins by default.

(I do think you can beat any 3 in league play) LMAO

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Qualify for the US Amateur. He'll be there. He's good enough to qualify each year and finish in the top 10 for the entire country.

The entire country...wow.

Not sure about the 3...might be tough.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The entire country...wow.

Not sure about the 3...might be tough.

I think Canada might be in there as well.

Yeah, the 3 might be tough. You never know when those guys can slop in a 5 rail blast and hope 9 ball for the win.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think are "slapping" me with your little tantrum...then you must have found a decent amount of truth in the statement I made.

Funny how Stan used the exact same phrase on me awhile back. He said he's going to come to my house and slap me and if he is wrong I can slap him. Low is prone to advocating violence against people he disagrees with. Just an observation to take as you will.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So i guess we can mark you down as an experimenter since you only have your opinion and no tangible evidence of any improvement whatsoever.

That's fine. I'm not the one making outlandish claims. Spider should be a strong short stop by now if all you need to do is 1,2,3 and fire it in.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Do you have to be a member of the APA to be eligible?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got a game bub........

Yes, at least JB stepped up.
Low, Cookie, and Spider, not so much.
Lou Figueroa
I think I will try you out at the DCC next year, mister big shot pool shooting gambling man.
This is the game...since I am a stupid, yellow, cowardly, CTE Aiming "C" rated player and you're a Mosconi "see the shot and shoot" wizard and obviously one of the best. This is the way we play.
We play call shot 8-Ball. If you miss a called ball I have the option of making you shoot again. You don't get that option if I miss a called ball.
8 on the break wins...I get all the breaks.
We play for $100 a game....you lay 3-1 on the money EACH game. And we payoff after each game too. You look like an air gun artist to me.
That seems about fair for a big time player like you against a low rated "C" playing, no shooting, dogging it in the clutch, chump like me.
Take it or leave it. (If you back down, then you're not as "big time" as your fan base here thinks you are.)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few threads back I offered to play Cookie on neutral territory -- the DCC next year -- and here was his response:

So no, not "more than happy to oblige," lol.

Lou Figueroa

The offer was Tampa. Open to you and anyone else posting on here. You said Derby City knowing i don't travel there. If i decide to go there again you will get action. You also want to try and high roll me with the 5000 comment. I don't play that high and with one exception in which someone else put up 10000 for you to play you don't either. You are a 20 dollar player, that's all. But if i do come to derby or you come here, if you can lower yourself, then we can bet 500 or a thousand.