Schon shaft question???????

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought a Schon R1, it came with a 11. something mm shaft (dashes). Does anyone make a shafts for these cues???? I know I can get a solid ring shaft for from just about anywhere. I shoot with a 13mm, and would like it to match.... Any help?

I'll clear this up: I'm looking for a 13mm shaft with dashes, that will fit a Schon....

BL

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Bought a Schon R1, it came with a 11. something mm shaft (dashes). Does anyone make a shafts for these cues???? I know I can get a solid ring shaft for from just about anywhere. I shoot with a 13mm, and would like it to match.... Any help?

I'll clear this up: I'm looking for a 13mm shaft with dashes, that will fit a Schon....

BL

The current shafts collar can be removed and attached to a new shaft, if the current shaft is original it should also have a Yellow ferrule, these ferrules were made from Westinghouse Macarta if you want to match the shaft perfectly you will also need one of these ferrules installed.

Contact me if you want more information.

Have a great night.

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
The current shafts collar can be removed and attached to a new shaft, if the current shaft is original it should also have a Yellow ferrule, these ferrules were made from Westinghouse Macarta if you want to match the shaft perfectly you will also need one of these ferrules installed.

Contact me if you want more information.

Have a great night.

that's some good advice!

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it has the yellow ferrule, and yes I would like it to look original. I can see how using the collar could be used but the ferrule? Don't I have to use a 13mm ferrule?

BL

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Yes it has the yellow ferrule, and yes I would like it to look original. I can see how using the collar could be used but the ferrule? Don't I have to use a 13mm ferrule?

BL

If the ferrule is 13mm and not damaged it could also be used, or you could find a cue makers who has the material to make a new ferrule.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
I can't remember which way but some old schon shafts (Runde era) don't screw onto a newer Schon or visa versa, in my experience.

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I'm going to send it to Schon, to have a shaft fit to the butt, I hope they can make or have what I want. I know it won't have a yellow ferrule, but I think I'll keep the smaller dia. shaft to keep it original and better resale, the shaft is strait...... Might have the weight changed while it's there, I have 2 Schon's one is 21oz and the other is 18oz, I like to play with a 19oz, go figure???

BL