Going to school with RonV

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Last Friday a group of us got together to see RonV at Hot Shot Billiards in Deptford, NJ. I've never been to this room before, but it's a really nice room. They feature Diamond tables and a VERY hospitable staff. The counter girl didn't know us from adam and went out of her way to make us feel welcome, considering we took over the back corner of her pool room. Quick plug for this room: they have a $10/all day rate during the week. Great spot.

Cookieman (Dave Stem), his brother Joe, Mike Lambros, Donny Perryman and myself went up to hang with RonV to see what kind of new information we could learn and brush up on some of the concepts we learned from previous sessions. RonV has pool instruction mastered -- he really simplifies the game into core components and systems.

All of us know his 90/90 aiming system; but, his application of that in regards to banking is really something else. In addition, every time I sit back and listen to him go through his diamond systems, I always walk away with new information.

Ron, as usual, wouldn't quit until each and every one of our questions were answered. I just wanted to give a plug to one of the absolute best instructors out there. My group got a little lucky to catch him in NJ; however, he's well worth the trip to NYC (as we've done in the past). Check him out if you're looking for solid instruction - he's amazing.

img20110715130419.jpg

RonV explaining 90/90

img20110715130425.jpg

RonV setting up more shots

img20110715130755.jpg

Mike Lambros (Lambros Cues) trying out RonV's 90/90.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave, thats a pretty good summary. You don't walk away from Ron Vitello without learning things about pool. You forgot to mention the great dinner with Ron and Mike Lambros discussing all things about pool, some great stories from these guys. Oh I forgot, you didn't make it too dinner. Had to rub it in a little. What a memorable day that was.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Dave, thats a pretty good summary. You don't walk away from Ron Vitello without learning things about pool. You forgot to mention the great dinner with Ron and Mike Lambros discussing all things about pool, some great stories from these guys. Oh I forgot, you didn't make it too dinner. Had to rub it in a little. What a memorable day that was.

Yeah - no doubt. It made me sick to leave before dinner :(

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he ever get q chance to finish the video on 90/90 that he was going to post? I was really looking forward to that.

drpjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea what a Great weekend!! Thanks Ron,Dave,Dave,Joe n Mike for a good time on Friday at a Sweet room!!!!!Thank you Dave for the rest of the weekend had a great time!!!!:thumbup:
donny