CTE and throw

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
Do all players use this system ? I saw some vids on youtube on how to bank while shifting ure body and u can also use it to cut balls , is that how pros do it too? i noticed SVB stay very still before he pulls the trigger and it looks likes hes adjusting sighting like on vids i saw

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
FREE POPCORN

Popcorn_vendor.gif

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Im gonna CLOSE this thread by telling you to use that little search bar!!! There are thousands of threads on this topic and people on here are quite sick of it. Just some friendly advice :smile:

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
i know theres alot of these threads , so i take it i cant post a question , if there was once a thread like it , i would ask in old post or thread but i may not get a response , thats why i thought i would start thread , but ok im outa here , get the moderaters to delete this thread thank you

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
You want a little advice?? I would set up some shot and use CTE without english. Set up the same shot and then apply english and watch the reaction of the cue ball. Will you have to adjust?? Maybe maybe not. I dont know anything about CTE... I just aim likr the old timers and fire away.

Hope this helps :embarrassed2:

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
I know steve moore uses CTE i dont think Shane uses it though. Ive read that during an interview of his on how he aims he said he uses the edge of the cue to aim or the edges of the ferrule.

I think the long pause that Shane does before he executes his stroke shot is just focusing his aim, which ive noticed he does on tough shots. But he tends to rush shots like the most of us also

C.Milian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have 400 posts. Is it out of line of me to ask how its possible that you can assume everyone use this method?

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
Mitchalsup ,thats my thinking as well , i have been trying diffrent things and i am able to run a few racks not a ten pack but a 3 pack ,lol and i do not assume i was asking

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Core CTE (as it's taught by Hal) doesn't account for throw (shots that are all classified as thick/thin). CTE is a center-ball pocketing system; meaning, english is not part of the system.

However, you'll eventually get to the point with basic CTE where pivoting to center ball will make it impossible to pocket a "thin" shot (thin back-cuts, as an example). When this type of shot presents itself, one would either have to adjust his/her initial alignment or, as Hal used to do, pivot beyond center and impart outside english to counteract the collision induced throw.

So, it puts you into the pocket in a frictionless world. Same goes for banking. CTE is merely a baseline to figure in your many variables.

Hope this helps. As others have said, this topic is beat-up on this forum and most threads end in banishments, hard-feelings and cyber fist-fights. Maybe some others can give you good advice without others piling on. Good luck and best wishes-

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Core CTE (as it's taught by Hal) doesn't account for throw (shots that are all classified as thick/thin). CTE is a center-ball pocketing system; meaning, english is not part of the system.

However, you'll eventually get to the point with basic CTE where pivoting to center ball will make it impossible to pocket a "thin" shot (thin back-cuts, as an example). When this type of shot presents itself, one would either have to adjust his/her initial alignment or, as Hal used to do, pivot beyond center and impart outside english to counteract the collision induced throw.

So, it puts you into the pocket in a frictionless world. Same goes for banking. CTE is merely a baseline to figure in your many variables.

Hope this helps. As others have said, this topic is beat-up on this forum and most threads end in banishments, hard-feelings and cyber fist-fights. Maybe some others can give you good advice without others piling on. Good luck and best wishes-

You said that so nice. Miss ya.
randyg

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't had a CTE thread for awhile. And I use cte, 90-90, pro 1 and I'm working on trying to incorporate Cleary's voodoo aiming. So fire away.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well what fun is THAT?!

Lou Figueroa