Warppage on handle

randy maha

Registered
Discovered a problem.
Reconnected with my first cue a d-8 Mc D.
Found a wobble in it and upon further inspection ie: flashlight shining under cue...that the ??butt or (not the shaft) has a warp somewhere under the linen wrap.Can this be cured?? Can I attempt?? send it in???
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A GREAT SITE TO HAVE:smile:
R.Maha

jschelin99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cues are like cars in the respect that anything and everything can be repaired or replaced. Whether or not it's worth fixing is up to you. Also, many things can be done by the owner with basic tools, while other repairs require specialized tools and/or training. Not knowing your ability and the machinery you own, I would suggest sending it to McDermott.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Under the wrap? A little light? As in very slight?

Heck, that could even be just an unevenly pressed or worn wrap. Why mess with it?

Just my thoughts.

But the cue makers here will tell you a handle can be replaced if wanted/needed.

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Schon R-1 off of Ebay a few years ago, the seller said it had a slight warp. Well I got the cue and it had more than a slight warp. Had a local guy look at it, determined the warp was in the handle (under the wrap). He fixed it by cutting out most of the handel area and put in a new peice of wood. Warp gone, shoots great. Cost, I had the cue redone, new handle, leather wrap all for $250. I'm in to the cue for a little more than it's worth, but it's a good player. So yes it can be done.

Brian