Kuwait Tournament?

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely nothing on that page. Anywhere else to see updates?
Jason

I believe they just finished the final qualifier. So the main event isn't happening yet.

Your best bet may be Facebook. They have a page: https://www.facebook.com/kuwaitopen9ball/

Also, Chris Clark has a group on Facebook and is over there covering the event - I expect you won't do much better than to follow his group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/179993829008926/

Finally, there may be some people doing Facebook live of some matches - people like https://www.facebook.com/batangtiradorph/?fref=ts (who also has a youtube site).

Last edited:

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
also would like to know...

Can't believe there isn't actually a bracket up on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the damn tournament.

The last update was in May?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
also would like to know...

Can't believe there isn't actually a bracket up on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the damn tournament.

The last update was in May?

The brackets for stage 1 are there.....but you have to go to responses.
I didn't recognize most of the names.
I imagine the stage 2 brackets will be posted shortly.

The official site itself isn't keeping up.....
....they put the "wait" in Kuwait.

Ivica Putnik from Croatia and Markus Juva from Finland made it to stage 2....
....as di a whole flock of Pinoys.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They've chosen to update Facebook instead of their website, which is fine. They aren't going to have a bracket up because the players meeting isn't even until tomorrow night. The tournament starts on the 2nd. What they shouldn't do is throw the qualifiers into the headline of the "Kuwait Open 9 Ball Championships will be held from 24th of October through 5th of November". The "Championships" are from the 2nd - 5th! The Qatar event does the same thing.

The ones to come out of the qualifiers were:
Elmer Haya ( Philippines )
Richard Alinsub ( Philippines )
Tommy Dato-on ( Philippines )
Jeffrey Ignacio ( Philippines )

Raymund Faraon ( Philippines )
Ivica Putnik (croatia)
Edwin Gamas ( Philippines )
Anthony Raga ( Philippines )

William Millares ( Philippines )
Roland Garcia ( Philippines )
Jundel Mazon ( Philippines )
Zoren Aranay ( Philippines )

Oliver Medenilla ( Philippines )
Ricky Gadez ( Philippines )
Markus Juva ( Finland )
Mark Anthony ( Philippines )

I think it is safe to say that the Filipinos have an easy time getting visas into Kuwait!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They've chosen to update Facebook instead of their website, which is fine. They aren't going to have a bracket up because the players meeting isn't even until tomorrow night. The tournament starts on the 2nd. What they shouldn't do is throw the qualifiers into the headline of the "Kuwait Open 9 Ball Championships will be held from 24th of October through 5th of November". The "Championships" are from the 2nd - 5th! The Qatar event does the same thing.

The ones to come out of the qualifiers were:
Elmer Haya ( Philippines )
Richard Alinsub ( Philippines )
Tommy Dato-on ( Philippines )
Jeffrey Ignacio ( Philippines )

Raymund Faraon ( Philippines )
Ivica Putnik (croatia)
Edwin Gamas ( Philippines )
Anthony Raga ( Philippines )

William Millares ( Philippines )
Roland Garcia ( Philippines )
Jundel Mazon ( Philippines )
Zoren Aranay ( Philippines )

Oliver Medenilla ( Philippines )
Ricky Gadez ( Philippines )
Markus Juva ( Finland )
Mark Anthony ( Philippines )

I think it is safe to say that the Filipinos have an easy time getting visas into Kuwait!

gadzooks -- 14 of the 16 qualifying players are from the Philippines! Did some others from the Philippines not make it?

Joe -- is that Facebook site readable by anyone, or just by people with Facebook accounts? If the former, please give us the link.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gadzooks -- 14 of the 16 qualifying players are from the Philippines! Did some others from the Philippines not make it?

Joe -- is that Facebook site readable by anyone, or just by people with Facebook accounts? If the former, please give us the link.

I just tried it without being logged in (https://www.facebook.com/kuwaitopen9ball/) and it looks like you could view it.

I had seen in the qualifier brackets Jeff de Luna, Roberto Gomez, and Gabica. Guess they didn't qualify through.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shucks. I tried it, and it said I had to sign up or log in.

I get the following where I can click on "Not Now" and then I can scroll through the posts:

face.jpg

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just tried it without being logged in (https://www.facebook.com/kuwaitopen9ball/) and it looks like you could view it.

I had seen in the qualifier brackets Jeff de Luna, Roberto Gomez, and Gabica. Guess they didn't qualify through.

Per their FB page, I saw that Gallego tried to qualify too but did not make it. It took Jeff Ignacio 4 times (the last) before he was able to get a slot for stage 2. I do not even recognize a lot of the other Filipino players aside from Raga and Ignacio and Faraon. I bet there should be a lot of unknown monsters for those who qualified if they can beat the likes of de Luna, Gomez, Gabica and Gallego.

And reading through the comments, it seems that there is now a possibility of having stage 2 live streamed. Last Oct 23, they there would be no live stream but on Oct 29, they said:

are you going to show any matches of stage 2 in ktv 3 or other kuwaiti television? thanks¡¡
Like · Reply · October 26 at 12:20pm
Kuwait Open 9-Ball Championship from 24 Oct- 5 Nov
Kuwait Open 9-Ball Championship from 24 Oct- 5 Nov Yes we are talking with the people in charge and they promised us to broadcast stage 2
Like · Reply · October 29 at 10:48am
Carlos Durana
Carlos Durana Any live score system to follow the matches?
Like · Reply · October 28 at 10:43am
Kuwait Open 9-Ball Championship from 24 Oct- 5 Nov
Kuwait Open 9-Ball Championship from 24 Oct- 5 Nov Still we are working on it
Like · Reply · 1 · October 29 at 10:50am

Last edited:

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

According to Chris Clarke's FB, De Luna is in:

"Seven more players pushed through to stage 2 based on the points they accumulated in all four Qualifiers combined

1 Jeffry De Luna

2 Allan Cuartero

3 Dario Hopilito

4 Valeriano Pajuay

5 Abdullah Alsheha

6 Mohammad Alhmoud

7 Andreja Klasovic (Serbia)"

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about Johann Chua? Did he fail to qualify or is he in stage 2 already?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I get the following where I can click on "Not Now" and then I can scroll through the posts: ...

Thanks, Joe. I was getting that message but without the "Not Now" line to click on. I re-sized things and that line became visible. Now when I click on it the message remains on screen (without the "Not Now") but moves down to about the bottom third of the screen, so I'm able to read above it.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Joe. I was getting that message but without the "Not Now" line to click on. I re-sized things and that line became visible. Now when I click on it the message remains on screen (without the "Not Now") but moves down to about the bottom third of the screen, so I'm able to read above it.

Time to sign up for Facebook, LOL

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Many Americans

You can never be sure it's entirely accurate, but the following Americans are listed on the stage 2 (group) brackets:

Shuff (group 14)
Wilke (13)
Lombardo (2)
Corey (13)
Morris (10)
SVB (5)
Dechaine (5)
Rob Hart (12)

Also, SVB & Dechaine in the same group, on the same side of brackets...ouch.

Physiqz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can never be sure it's entirely accurate, but the following Americans are listed on the stage 2 (group) brackets:

Shuff (group 14)
Wilke (13)
Lombardo (2)
Corey (13)
Morris (10)
SVB (5)
Dechaine (5)
Rob Hart (12)

Also, SVB & Dechaine in the same group, on the same side of brackets...ouch.

Ouch for Dechaine, SVB may give it to him just because last mosconi cup points tournament, But SVB is a competitor so he won't lay down quietly unless this tournament does not mean much to him. I do not see him laying down though.