Pool

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Earl Strickland still playing and where i haven't heard anything lately thanks.

whamo

Registered
He played here in Syracuse in an exhibition match with SVB at one of our halls which I had the opportunity to attend. He also played in the Turning Stone Classic. Other than that I don't know. He was entertaining.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has signed up for the Great Dismal Swamp tournament in Elizabeth City, NC on the 18-20th of this month.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes he plays.Seems like mostly in the NE.Plays great still,just a tick behind the top guys.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIRC The Pearl is calling Fusco's in Philly his home base now.

True that.
I have a lesson scheduled with him at Fusco's.
As crazy as some people think he is, I have a friend that took a couple of lessons from him and he said that he is a great patient teacher.
Looking forward to it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIRC The Pearl is calling Fusco's in Philly his home base now.
Seems to me like in, particularly in the past 10 years or so, Earl has had a pattern of drifting from one poolroom to another as a house pro? We also have a player on our room who took a lesson from Earl a number of years ago, and says he benefited from it.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As crazy as some people think he is, I have a friend that took a couple of lessons from him and he said that he is a great patient teacher.

He is not is crazy. Just likes and needs attention. Look forward to hearing about the session. Anything learned will up your level.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is not is crazy. Just likes and needs attention. Look forward to hearing about the session. Anything learned will up your level.

Thanks and you know how I feel about lessons with that hard head of mine. Did you sort of fall off the face of the earth? Is it really flat?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems to me like in, particularly in the past 10 years or so, Earl has had a pattern of drifting from one poolroom to another as a house pro? We also have a player on our room who took a lesson from Earl a number of years ago, and says he benefited from it.
He was in NYC for some time before heading to Philly. Earl was in Tulsa in '10 for Gabe Owens 1p event and he stayed for a few days. Guy couldn't be nicer to be around. If you asked a pool-related question he took the time to clearly answer and if needed take you to a table and show you. ES can teach as well as he plays.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks and you know how I feel about lessons with that hard head of mine. Did you sort of fall off the face of the earth? Is it really flat?

Just my .02... The best days are ahead of you. You play well now but I've always felt you can be substantially stronger with a pro in your corner. No limits. You have the passion, dedication and love the competition. I commend you for taking the leap.

I have not played anyone since we played at Markley's. Had some things to take care of all Summer. Hope to catch up with you soon....going South real soon. The world is flat.

Favor please...ask Earl who wrapped his cue.... has more wrap than a sandwich from Steins Deli. :killingme::killingme::killingme:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Philly... record the lesson if you can. It’s valuable and fun to review.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
He was in NYC for some time before heading to Philly. Earl was in Tulsa in '10 for Gabe Owens 1p event and he stayed for a few days. Guy couldn't be nicer to be around. If you asked a pool-related question he took the time to clearly answer and if needed take you to a table and show you. ES can teach as well as he plays.

This is my view of the Pearl....great to have around your room....
...he can talk well on other subjects also.
...yeah, he can go off in the heat of action...but I can live with that.

Here’s the Earl I like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBxHVOmRaE

And to the OP
I see that Terse Title Tutorial is paying off....
...as is my Alliteration lesson...:wink:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my view of the Pearl....great to have around your room....
...he can talk well on other subjects also.
...yeah, he can go off in the heat of action...but I can live with that.

Here’s the Earl I like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBxHVOmRaE

And to the OP
I see that Terse Title Tutorial is paying off....
...as is my Alliteration lesson...:wink:
That is great clip. I watched Bob play a lot in the Ok-Tex area. No slouch with cue himself.